Games that should be remade

sunshineYON

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to shit on the idea of remakes. Why focus all your efforts on making something that's already been done instead of looking to make something new and potentially groundbreaking?

(Well, I can answer that myself: easy profit).

Edited by Fox

Sonic '06 should be remade into Sonic '09. Yes, a remake this early. They would have to get rid of all the shit and add in some awesome though.

Both Sonic Adventures should be remade. All the stuff should be kept the same, but with awesome graphics.
Sonic '06 should be remade into Sonic '09. Yes, a remake this early. They would have to get rid of all the shit and add in some awesome though.

YESH

That or Eternal FREAKING Darkness

Final Fantasy Tactics was remade for the PSP last year.

I consider that a port. All they did was remove a few glitches and added a few characters and cutscenes.

Port=Remake

Port would be something like Sonic Adventure to Sonic Adventure DX on GC

Remake would be something more like Metroid NES to Metroid Zero Mission on GBA or FE1 to FEDS.

Games that should be Remade...

Golden Sun

LOZ GB games

Blast Corps

FE4

FE5 (just a port I can play on my DS would be fine)

Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge on GB

KI GOLD.

Edited by Boo

A Port can be a remake. It's stupid to expect them to change everything up, so beyond graphics, a few more characters, bug fixes, a few more maps, and a bit of balancing, a port=a remake. FF Tactics is more of a remake.

Also, a Golden Sun remake of both games would be cool. Making it into 2 games would be a dreadful waste, though.

FE4 would be awesome.

SRW A had a nice remake, so R and D could go for cool remakes.

But most of the things I'd go for our remade already.

A Port can be a remake. It's stupid to expect them to change everything up, so beyond graphics, a few more characters, bug fixes, a few more maps, and a bit of balancing, a port=a remake. FF Tactics is more of a remake.

Also, a Golden Sun remake of both games would be cool. Making it into 2 games would be a dreadful waste, though.

FE4 would be awesome.

SRW A had a nice remake, so R and D could go for cool remakes.

But most of the things I'd go for our remade already.

depends on how you define a remake I guess. I could have name this topic "which games that should be completely revamped i.e. Metroid Zero Mission" but that wouldn't have been as appealing.

Having the same graphics, with a few added characters or dungeons doesn't cut it for me as a remake.

Games that should be Remade...

Golden Sun

The only possible reason to remake Golden Sun would be to merge both games into one anthology. I'm not a big fan of JRPGs, but Golden Sun is easily the best, most complete JRPG I have ever played. The only thing you could do to Golden Sun to enhance the experience would be to release both of them on one cartridge.

Hell, I'd take that over a Golden Sun 3 any day.

The only possible reason to remake Golden Sun would be to merge both games into one anthology. I'm not a big fan of JRPGs, but Golden Sun is easily the best, most complete JRPG I have ever played. The only thing you could do to Golden Sun to enhance the experience would be to release both of them on one cartridge.

Hell, I'd take that over a Golden Sun 3 any day.

Easy. Make the characters interesting : P

As for my own picks: Ys IV and any of the Farland series games.

I tend to shit on the idea of remakes. Why focus all your efforts on making something that's already been done instead of looking to make something new and potentially groundbreaking?

(Well, I can answer that myself: easy profit).

This right here.

Revelations: Persona

Persona 2: Innocent Sin (Even if Hitler is on it, the game is amazing)

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (The old Persona games are awesome, they deserve a remake, really)

EarthBound Zero (Mother)

Final Fantasy V and VI

Fire Emblem from 2 to 8 (in 3D)

Donkey Kong 64