Spam and Leaving Topics

Tino

PS: This forum is looked at as one of the most serious forums by some people, though those people don't really matter...

Well actually, I doubt that anyone takes it that seriously. But no matter what you may think, all good forums need rules that need to be enforced. Rules should be taken seriously.

And as Vincent said, everyone's opinion matters.

Huh, what? Who doesn't matter...?

IGN.

Oops forgot to say "to us," people here don't really like people from IGN.

Also, I'm not saying they don't matter IRL, just not to some people here. XD

Edited by Ocelot the Viper

Just something I'm going to say...

Spam outside of FFtF is annoying, yes. In most cases, I'd just point out exactly how moronic the post was, and how the poster contributed absolutely nothing to the thread, but it just so happens that for several reasons I'm trying not to be a dick here, so I try not to do that. Of course, I do find that that is often one of the best ways to prevent this type of thing. Forums with high levels of bile vomited at idiots tend to have fewer idiots. But who knows what people here want... I must say, that even some of the topics in FFtF pain me horribly. I actually barely read any of those topics anyway though. :D

Leaving topics, well, usually leaving topics are either people stating that they will be gone for a bit on like a vacation, family gathering, break, etc. The BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWing ones by angry people are pretty easy to find, and even easier to deal with.

Members have been suspended multiple times, yet I come across spam and all whatnot in topics it doesn't belong. And I've seen people bragging about them having x% warning levels and being y days suspended, so really, it won't make a difference at all.

I haven't been here very long--do you have any good examples?

Just something I'm going to say...

Spam outside of FFtF is annoying, yes. In most cases, I'd just point out exactly how moronic the post was, and how the poster contributed absolutely nothing to the thread, but it just so happens that for several reasons I'm trying not to be a dick here, so I try not to do that. Of course, I do find that that is often one of the best ways to prevent this type of thing. Forums with high levels of bile vomited at idiots tend to have fewer idiots. But who knows what people here want... I must say, that even some of the topics in FFtF pain me horribly. I actually barely read any of those topics anyway though. :D

Report the post. Simple as that.

Report the post. Simple as that.

I don't like to report. Honestly, I have no problems with most of the posts, and things like that. I also don't think they're worth reporting most of the time. Forcing someone to stop doing something rarely works, but destroying their motivation and purpose for doing it usually does. :D

Before I discuss anything else, did anybody even bother to read my other post? The one with the spam examples?

I did. I just don't know if a banning is the best strategy, or if it will even work. It may though, who knows...

I did. I just don't know if a banning is the best strategy, or if it will even work. It may though, who knows...

I never even talked about punishments, so I don't know where you got it from. I just want to know whether people disagree with what I said, and if so, argue against my point, since I think this is fairly important.

I never even talked about punishments, so I don't know where you got it from. I just want to know whether people disagree with what I said, and if so, argue against my point, since I think this is fairly important.

Uguu~ Wasn't someone talking about punishment? I know someone was. Anyway, I just threw in my opinion.

I did, though many people may bring curiousity about where he/she is all this time. We may not let this go. Unless however we could have a Farewell sub-topic on the introduction board...though I don't know if it would help the situation in any case.

Toa Lord Sothe is a grand example of this Leaving topic...<_<

I did, though many people may bring curiousity about where he/she is all this time. We may not let this go. Unless however we could have a Farewell sub-topic on the introduction board...though I don't know if it would help the situation in any case.

Toa Lord Sothe is a grand example of this Leaving topic...<_<

The normal leaving topics that tell us that a certain member has computer problems or is going on a holiday or something are fine. The ones I have problems with are those telling us that certain members have problems with their love life, their family, their friends, etc.

If it would be only one topic, it wouldn't matter a lot. But it's getting incredibly annoying to see people try to hog so many attention, since that's basically what they do with those topics.