What are your planned attribute builds for each character's exclusive weapon?

Folt

Im defedently going to have my fair share of unit slayers on the personal weapons, So i can find a use for various units for different tasks. so not all sword users share the same logic of only going for down arrows.

On 11/1/2017 at 8:53 PM, Folt said:

I'm more of a fan of Strong attacks than the regular attack string as I find most attack strings not really that special to warrant a boost over other attacks, though I having played a bit more, I do think Rainstorm might be a good 4th skill after three Strong Attacks (or on certain characters like the horse people).

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking as well. Typically I think 2-3 Strength skills, then Rainstorm. I did some (extremely brief) testing and found C6 typically deals around 2-3 times as much damage as S1-5 combined, plus the fact that it has much larger range so likely to hit more targets, etc. - and I'm sure the numbers are similar for C5 vs. S1-4, or C4 vs. S1-3 and so on. But the advantage of the string is you're often going to be using it for chip damage, as well as killing generic enemies, and often you'll start a string and have to dodge or whatever - and Rainstorm gives you a little extra damage in all those cases.

On 11/1/2017 at 8:53 PM, Folt said:

As for the Peg. Knights, I've been experimenting with their Dash Strong Attack for crowdkilling and thought maybe it could be useful and mybe it gets boosted by Strength I.

Oh, yeah. Forgot about their dash strong attack. Pretty sure you're correct that it's boosted. I should probably use that a little more for crowds. I mostly use C5 or C6 for crowds with them currently. I think I'd still go with 5 & 4 > 6 > 3 > 1 > 2 for boosting priority typically though (not sure where I'd put Rainstorm in there, probably between 3 and 1, possibly between 6 and 3 - which is still well below worthwhile for them).

22 hours ago, Thany said:

Im defedently going to have my fair share of unit slayers on the personal weapons, So i can find a use for various units for different tasks. so not all sword users share the same logic of only going for down arrows.

Yeah, I agree, at least somewhat. I don't think I'm ever going to put Beastslayer on anything, it's too niche (no character enemies, just Monsters and Velezark covered), and two swords with that built in is plenty, but I sometimes mix up Plateslayer and Mountslayer especially. The only thing Plateslayer covers that Mountslayer doesn't is generic Knights (+Generals), while Mountslayer covers 3 additional characters and one generic enemy type, but Knights are a big issue for sword users typically. So it's basically comparing something that's extremely good in a few cases vs. something that's pretty good in several cases. No clear winner there I think, though I prefer Plateslayer personally.

On weapons with a choice, I always go with Wingslayer over Dracoslayer though - four swords have Dracoslayer built in already, that's enough, and Wingslayer is generally more valuable I feel - covering the relatively common Pegasus Knights (3 characters + one generic enemy type) is more valuable I think than covering Manaketes (1 character + one generic enemy type) overall, I think.

Edited by Tables

10 hours ago, Tables said:

Yeah, I agree, at least somewhat. I don't think I'm ever going to put Beastslayer on anything, it's too niche (no character enemies, just Monsters and Velezark covered), and two swords with that built in is plenty, but I sometimes mix up Plateslayer and Mountslayer especially. The only thing Plateslayer covers that Mountslayer doesn't is generic Knights (+Generals), while Mountslayer covers 3 additional characters and one generic enemy type, but Knights are a big issue for sword users typically. So it's basically comparing something that's extremely good in a few cases vs. something that's pretty good in several cases. No clear winner there I think, though I prefer Plateslayer personally.

On weapons with a choice, I always go with Wingslayer over Dracoslayer though - four swords have Dracoslayer built in already, that's enough, and Wingslayer is generally more valuable I feel - covering the relatively common Pegasus Knights (3 characters + one generic enemy type) is more valuable I think than covering Manaketes (1 character + one generic enemy type) overall, I think.

I generally go at it like this:

Swords: Plate + Dracoslayer on physical sword users. Hits high-defence enemies like Knights, Great Knights, Wyvern Riders, Manaketes, Frederick, and Camilla for supereffective damage (+ Corrin and Tiki). Magical Swords get Mountslayer and Wingslayer (favoring Wingslayer over Mountslayer) because that combination hits all the Peg. Knights including Caeda, Hinoka, and Cordelia, and also Leo and Elise, who are enemies who have a high resistance to magic attacks. It also gets Camilla, Xander, and Frederick and just generally walks over all the high-mobile mounted units specifically.

Lances: Pretty much go with exactly the same as I go with on Swords. Though since Caeda's prf weapon will likely have an innate Bonus skill called Rampager when/if it gets released, she will only get one more spot for a Bonus skill. Fortunately, since Rampager acts as a Armor- and Mountslayer skill in one, I'll just go with Dracoslayer as Caeda doesn't have the magic needed for an effective magic weapon build.

Axes: I use a combination of Mountslayer and Dracoslayer for this weapon type because it hits Xander, Cavaliers, and Corrin, all enemies who tend to use swords. On magical axes, Wingslayer coupled with Mountslayer is just too good a combination to exchew and it's that combo that I'm aiming towards for Lissa once/if her prf Axe get released from the Abyss. (Also, if Minerva gets the higher attack than Camilla which I expect, then I might turn Camilla's Axe into a magical weapon since her magic stat is actually decent.)

Bows: Plateslayer for physical Bow users to prevent overlap (Wingslayer and Dracoslayer covers the same high-defence enemies in Camilla and the Wyvern Knights, and the enemies covered by Plateslayer are more common than the enemies covered by Dracoslayer) and Mountslayer for magical Bow users. Sakura especially benefits because I get to pair up Mountslayer with the Bow type's innate Wingslayer.

Tomes: Mountslayer + Wingslayer here too for the same reasons as usual. If using a physical tome build (of which Robin and Leo are your only real candidates) then Armorslayer and Dracoslayer to cover several high-def units.

Stones: Tiki's Stone is a physical weapon I believe, so I'll put Plateslayer and Dracoslayer on her prf weapon if/when it comes out.

Edited by Folt

Tiki's stones use a mix of magic and physical.

As I said above, I prefer Wingslayer on Swords over Wyrmslayer. Getting Manaketes is nice, but getting Pegasus Knights is nicer. For e.g. Axes, I'd probably take Wyrm over Wing, since the Pegasii aren't such a problem (though I still haven't worked out how to quickly kill Pegasii as Frederick - his combos seem to just cancel their stun gauge, so I mostly just spam his string, which is... okay)

1 hour ago, Tables said:

Tiki's stones use a mix of magic and physical.

As I said above, I prefer Wingslayer on Swords over Wyrmslayer. Getting Manaketes is nice, but getting Pegasus Knights is nicer. For e.g. Axes, I'd probably take Wyrm over Wing, since the Pegasii aren't such a problem (though I still haven't worked out how to quickly kill Pegasii as Frederick - his combos seem to just cancel their stun gauge, so I mostly just spam his string, which is... okay)

I suppose that has been tested, right? The Tiki thing.

Most Peg. Knights have pretty bad defence relative to their resistance so my Sword users kill them with very little trouble (especially Xander since I've maxed him out). So Wyrmslayer is picked in order to hit as many high-defence units as possible.

Edited by Folt

For me (I believe the max slots is 6+True Power):

Two strong attack skills/One strong attack skill plus Rainstorm, two effective skills (Wingslayer, Dracoslayer etc), Pair Up+, Topsy-Turvy if the unit has higher magic vs. strength and then some random skill (Maybe another effective skill or combo skill).

1 hour ago, Azz said:

For me (I believe the max slots is 6+True Power):

Two strong attack skills/One strong attack skill plus Rainstorm, two effective skills (Wingslayer, Dracoslayer etc), Pair Up+, Topsy-Turvy if the unit has higher magic vs. strength and then some random skill (Maybe another effective skill or combo skill).

You can only have a max of two effective skills, and if the weapon has an innate effective skill, that skill counts towards the limit.

Edited by Folt

11 minutes ago, Folt said:

You can only have a max of two effective skills, and if the weapon has an innate effective skill, that skill counts towards the limit.

Oh, thanks for telling me. If that's the case I guess I'll just have a third combo skill.

51 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Speaking of Rampager, if it's two bonus skills in one, would Caeda really be able to use another bonus skill??

The answer to that is most likely yes, because it'd be counted as a separate Bonus skill from the Plate- and Mountslayer skills (though you probably wouldn't be able to use either one with it).

Aside from putting Topsy-Turvy onto Sakura, Elise, and Lianna's weapons, I'll also put it on Cordelia's if only to help differentiate her from Hinoka and Caeda.

I've already put Antitriangle on Lucina's, and will also put it on one of the remaining two Pegasus Knights, again to help differentiate the clones.

Remind me, do the -slayer skills have their penalties nullified once the mastery skill is made? I seem to recall reading that somewhere, that the power gets fixed at 240 no matter how many -slayer skills are stacked on it.

Edited by Anomalocaris

11 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Aside from putting Topsy-Turvy onto Sakura, Elise, and Lianna's weapons, I'll also put it on Cordelia's if only to help differentiate her from Hinoka and Caeda.

I've already put Antitriangle on Lucina's, and will also put it on one of the remaining two Pegasus Knights, again to help differentiate the clones.

Remind me, do the -slayer skills have their penalties nullified once the mastery skill is made? I seem to recall reading that somewhere, that the power gets fixed at 240 no matter how many -slayer skills are stacked on it.

Yes. The penalties of the slayer skills get nullified once the True Power skill is unlocked for the weapon.

6 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Aside from putting Topsy-Turvy onto Sakura, Elise, and Lianna's weapons, 

Elise already attacks with magic though... Do you mean Lissa?

I just put Divining on all the personal weapons since I can't imagine I'll reach a point of the game where I don't need that but also still want to play the game. 

I want to boost the archer combo where they place an orb that shoots arrows independently. I just think that is the best combo in the game. The problem is, I don't know what numbered combo it is. You press Y four times, then X. So is it Strong 4, or is it Strong 5? 

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I just put Divining on all the personal weapons since I can't imagine I'll reach a point of the game where I don't need that but also still want to play the game. 

I want to boost the archer combo where they place an orb that shoots arrows independently. I just think that is the best combo in the game. The problem is, I don't know what numbered combo it is. You press Y four times, then X. So is it Strong 4, or is it Strong 5? 

Strong 5.

Combos are named after the total button presses, not how many times you press Y alone.

And it is indeed a good move. Especially on Takumi, since he can build up his Warrior gauge very rapidly with it.

Edited by Anomalocaris

On 11/3/2017 at 6:52 PM, Folt said:

I suppose that has been tested, right? The Tiki thing.

It shows which stat a character uses (by default) in battle when you hover over them - the stat they use has a blue highlight. On Tiki, both Str and Mag are highlighted.

34 minutes ago, Tables said:

It shows which stat a character uses (by default) in battle when you hover over them - the stat they use has a blue highlight. On Tiki, both Str and Mag are highlighted.

Ah, I see it now. Very well.

• 1 month later...

I plan to use triangle reversal and axebreaker for Frederick so he technically has a lance and maintains his weapon advantage over everything, as intended...