The Hardest FE Things To Do

KriegerZeta

This morning, I was watching Mangs' LP of Fire Emblem 11 (Shadow Dragon), on Merciless difficulty. Him and Mekkah mentioned, that what Mangs is doing right now, it is one of the hardest things to do in Fire Emblem games ever. I have some suspicions and I want to confirm them. So, here's my question ; what are the other hardest things to do in the franchise?

I'd say from what I've heard that playing Radiant Dawn (any difficulty) and Thracia are among the hardest in the series. Also a good note is Apotheosis in awakening, while not impossible and cheesable, the difficulty on that is always lunatic+, and the secret route is very hard. It basically requires planning dedicated to it from before you start the game. Though that's mostly artificial challenge and can be overcome by brave weapons, rally bots, and fortify users.

1 hour ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

I'd say from what I've heard that playing Radiant Dawn (any difficulty) and Thracia are among the hardest in the series.

Not really. RD is only hard at the beginning, and Thracia is only hard blind I've heard. FE12 Lunatic and Conquest Lunatic are more challenging.

As far as Full Game is concerned they were legitimately right

The only game i haven't played is Tellius. I can tell you with 100% honesty that the chapter 1 of Shadow Dragon is quite possible the hardest overall thing in the entire series when it first come out. The only contender is Chapter 2 and Chapter 3. After which the game performed a free jump into the pit as far as difficulty are concerned. Together they had the most overpowered boss in Fire Emblem history, rivalling Gomez and Saias boosted Reinhardt

I do remember dondon mentioned that chapter 6 is hard, but i don't remember it in particular.

New Mystery was hard overall, but nothing ever come close to the sheer absurdity of Shadow Dragon first 3 chapter even in Lunatic Reverse. Chapter 4 was difficult as all hell to get a perfect run IMO, and i kinda hate Chapter 7 but you have TONS of option to tackle those

And then comes Awakening who stands on the same level as Shadow Dragon with Chapter 2. I kinda dislike chapter 3, but i think the mass would agree Chapter 2 is effectively the final chapter of the game

Lunatic Conquest Finale also worth a mention because of how ridiculous it is if you want to route it but you kind don't need too.

A huge factor why this is the case is because the series was never particularly hard before. FE1-FE4 is legitimate jokes. FE5 is a joke once you know how broken it is(cleanly playing 24x is kinda dumb though). FE6 is hard and the  Ostia chapter with Illian mercenary is probably up there for the most difficult chapter ever. FE7 is only known for Cog of Destiny. FE8 is pretty meh.

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Post this in the correct subforum, apparently.  I'll move it to where it belongs.

---

Re: Shadow Dragon Merciless.  What makes this hard is a combination of factors:

1. There's no save points in Chapter 1.  You have to do the entire thing in one take.
2. Chapters 2-3 don't give you the deployment screen, which means that you can't swap unit positions/inventory items.  No reclassing, either.
3. Chapter 6 has no forts.  Your healing is either from staves or vulneraries.  Oh, and there's a bunch of ranged enemies that can harass your healers.
4. Speaking of, you can't but vulneraries until Chapter 8.

You get some really nifty broken things like the forge and a bunch of Warp staves, though.

IMO the hardest thing is FE13 Lunatic+ with no resets.  And yes, someone has done that.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Post this in the correct subforum, apparently.  I'll move it to where it belongs.

Whoops, my bad. XD

Anyways, I thank you guys for the replies. They seems to confirm my suspicions about what were, generally, the hardest ones ; the games of the "Neo Marth Saga". And I thank you guys once again for doing so.

Instead of outright games and modes, I'm going to give a special mention to recruiting Xavier in Thracia (while also getting the Members Card). The difficulty is mindnumbingly tedious even with save states and without them it's not a realistic goal unless you've prepared the entire game for it and are willing to expend all your resources disabling the enemy generals.

Edited by Jotari