Artwork and Sketches of the Book II Characters

VincentASM

3 hours ago, Book Bro said:

And yet, I'm willing to bet that if Loki was the exact same character but instead a handsome male with his chest showing and his legs exposed in such a way as to emphasize his dong people would object much more.

That's because in our current societal norms, there is no male equivalent (in terms of how objectionable something is) to female breasts. Emphasis on a female's breasts is less objectionable than emphasis on either sex's genitalia (though a male's bulge is probably less objectionable than a female's cameltoe to the general populace, though I can't say for sure because I sure as hell have nothing but anecdotal data on the subject).

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's because in our current societal norms, there is no male equivalent (in terms of how objectionable something is) to female breasts. Emphasis on a female's breasts is less objectionable than emphasis on either sex's genitalia (though a male's bulge is probably less objectionable than a female's cameltoe to the general populace, though I can't say for sure because I sure as hell have nothing but anecdotal data on the subject).

Precisely!

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's actually a really interesting thought. Thinking about it, I genuinely have no idea, and would absolutely read the results of a survey on the subject.

As far as fantasy characters go, I would guess cameltoe would be more objectionable since I feel like that's either an all or nothing, either you have a cameltoe or you don't; I mean, I'm sure there are degrees, but I don't know how much more noticeable a slight one is than an extreme one (I know virtually nothing about the mechanics of cameltoes). Crotch bulge, at least from my experience, is a continuous scale, from "I think there's some indication of a wang there" to the cover of Sticky Fingers. I feel like anything up to "could be a codpiece," which I'd place around mid in that range and where Odin is, would probably be less objectionable than a cameltoe, but I feel like more extreme ones, would probably be about similar, i.e. burn the fuckers at the stake for corrupting the youth. Then again, I could be completely wrong about all of that.

Edited by bottlegnomes