Animal Crossing Pocket Camp

Rezzy

I didn't see a topic for this, so I figured I'd make one.

Animal Crossing Pocket Camp is out on mobile now.  I downloaded it and have been playing for the last couple hours and it's pretty fun.

My ID is 1079  5853  931

My name is Rezzy.

If anyone adds me, feel free to PM me.  I don't know if there's a friend limit or not.  I hope not, but I guess I'll find out in time.

Just now, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

What platforms is it available on?

I have it on Android from Google Play.  I think it's on iPhone, too, but not positive.

It's a free to play mobile game.  There's micro-transactions in it, but I haven't spent any money and don't have any real plans to, unless it warrants support.

6 minutes ago, Sigismund of Luxemburg said:

... oh, good. I can get it too. 

How do you like it so far?

It's pretty fun so far, but I wish there was a way to get new clothes.  I got a couple new shoes, but am still stuck with the clothes I started with.

Feel free to send me a friend request if you start playing.

Edited by Rezzy

2 hours ago, sirmola said:

Out of curiosity, what exactly do the micro-transactions do?

I think you can use them to speed up progress on building stuff, but so far, I haven't seen any real need to buy anything, so I can't say for sure.

On 11/24/2017 at 5:57 PM, Rezzy said:

I think you can use them to speed up progress on building stuff, but so far, I haven't seen any real need to buy anything, so I can't say for sure.

So far. is often the key word. In many mobile games, low level stuff is really cheap/fast to get you hooked, and then high level stuff is rediclesly expesive-slow to get you to pay up. Anyone have any idea how intrusive microtransactions are at endgame?

After playing this game for almost a week my thoughts.

I like it, and it's a nice bite sized version of Animal Crossing, but I'm starting to feel the grind with diminishing returns.

The main criticisms I have are:

• There's no museum: filling up the museum was a nice goal to work towards.
  • No clothing customization yet, and the clothing options are limited.
  • Tom Nook does nothing.  I used 250 freebie Leaf Tickets I saved up, and all he does is sit there sleeping.  I expected maybe a shop or something, this was a big letdown, and I'm not paying money for this game, so I didn't have a ton of Leaf Tickets
  • Pretty much the only thing to do now is collect stuff and give the animals their requested items.  This is okay as part of the game, but as the only draw, it gets old.  In past games, we had the museum or town improvements which were more long term than just "Get me 3 cherries".

Overall, I like the game, but I hope the add new things soon to keep it interesting.

3013 2403 928 if anybody wants to add me. I am playing a female character since I always find the male clothing options boring.

@Rezzy

I have played for nearly a month now and I generally agree. Right now the game is fun to log-in every day and do some requests, but in the long-term, it is really grindy and worse of all really repetitive.

After a while, you'll speak to the villagers so often, you'll learn all of their dialogue and start skipping them instead. Furniture unlocks at a slow rate later on and the rotatable clothes and non-craftable furniture are mostly boring and/or you keep seeing the same ways.

I'm also starting to lose track of the endgame. You collect stuff and make a nice camp, but then there's nothing to do. At least in the full games, you'd have to spend in the region of 999 hours for that to happen.

No museum is a crime, and the lack of bugs/fish a bigger one. I understand it's to make the requests easy though. Hopefully they rotate during each season, as I'm already bored of seeing the same bugs/fish.

I do like the game though. I just hope they update it soon. I was also disappointed to learn that 0.9 to 1.0 didn't seem to add anything new, but it makes sense I guess. Don't want the 0.9 players having a bigger advantage than they already have!

Edited by VincentASM

10 hours ago, VincentASM said:

3013 2403 928 if anybody wants to add me. I am playing a female character since I always find the male clothing options boring.

@Rezzy

I have played for nearly a month now and I generally agree. Right now the game is fun to log-in every day and do some requests, but in the long-term, it is really grindy and worse of all really repetitive.

After a while, you'll speak to the villagers so often, you'll learn all of their dialogue and start skipping them instead. Furniture unlocks at a slow rate later on and the rotatable clothes and non-craftable furniture are mostly boring and/or you keep seeing the same ways.

I'm also starting to lose track of the endgame. You collect stuff and make a nice camp, but then there's nothing to do. At least in the full games, you'd have to spend in the region of 999 hours for that to happen.

No museum is a crime, and the lack of bugs/fish a bigger one. I understand it's to make the requests easy though. Hopefully they rotate during each season, as I'm already bored of seeing the same bugs/fish.

I do like the game though. I just hope they update it soon. I was also disappointed to learn that 0.9 to 1.0 didn't seem to add anything new, but it makes sense I guess. Don't want the 0.9 players having a bigger advantage than they already have!

I have sent you a request.  I am Rezzy.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I keep looking at this game in the app store

I won't be able to play it every day

I kinda want to get it

Is it worth?!?!?

Yeah, you don't have to play every day.  If you've played past Animal Crossing's and liked them, you'll probably like this.

It's free, so you won't lose anything by trying it.