Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually that's not entirely true, there's another reason why they could want to hit vengeful. They could hope for a misfire and then amn it when town probably NLs for potential MYLO. Then, on Lylo, they bus the amn and win. It's risky, but if they pull it off it's near-autowin.

4/2

becomes

3/2

becomes 3/1

which then goes to 2/1 because Vengeful

which then goes 1/1 NK.

13 minutes ago, Toshio Ozaki said:

For goodness sake, well since you've gone and ruined it anyway here's why: there are up to 3 PRs in this game that clear people just by targetting them when there's 1 maf remaining. Hooker, Follower and Hijacker. The first one less so. So here are the two things that happen if we nl if one of these guys exists:

a) Scum kills someone, potentially giving us clears and opportunities to catch scum (through hijacker/follower)
b) scum nks and we lose nothing.

So by nling all we do is open up the possibility of scum misplaying and getting town more information. We lose nothing because of it but by explaining what the best plan of action for scum is you've ruined all of that. THAT is the objectively worst play. "oh man we're giving scum control of who lives/dies which is always terrible" is just paranoia, no logic, you didn't think why scum having control over who lives or who dies could give us an advantage. You just assumed it was wrong as a gut reaction and posted.

I haven't 180d my reads on you at all. Especially not in Kokichi's case. If you recall at one point I said that "technically the Batter and Kokichi are in the lynch pool too" after saying that I only wanted to lynch between Faye/Endeavor/Lapis. Kokichi is the only one that makes sense as scum without looking at towntells, association and roles. You were next because having everyone in the game tell me that my townread on you was too weak was making me paranoid about it, but when I realised that we only had two mislynches I thought Omar was a safer bet than you. I'm just doubling down on my read on you now because fuck it #YOLO also now think scum!Omar wouldn't misrep me in his night post when he was cocnerned about misrepping me in the first place having believed to have done before. Kokichi -> Lapis imo.

Do people think The Batter would be killed before Kokichi if Kokichi is town? Will have to look into their interactions with Beast.

I doubt any of those power roles exist, otherwise they've been doing a hilariously bad job of catching scum.  If I can figure out what the best course of action is, I'm sure scum can as well.

It reads as a 180 to me because you changed your opinion without so much as an explanation.  You being paranoid about your townread is fine, you subtly adding me to your lynch priority bothers me.  What do you mean by Kokichi is the only one who makes sense as scum?  I'm struggling to understand where you're coming from here.

I was fully expecting Batter to get killed on N1.  He couldn't get killed on N2 because Kratos was scumbait, but I was expecting the N3 kill as well.

@Mello What kind of play is this? I convince everyone to nl, no kill because that's the objectively best option, then find myself in the same hole as before? You've assumed I'm scum and thinking this is a hail mary play because it fits the scum narrative. Why am I scum? What did my play before today do to help me as mafia? This includes asking Lapis tonnes of questions when they first joined and pressuring Kratos early.

I was 2nd, (6,2) and I'm the town hijacker. Hijacked Batter to Endeavor N2 because their weird tone flip on Endeavor made me paranoid he was a buddy finding an excuse onto the wagon. That is why I was so certain the batter was town yesterday. Hijacked Mello last night because fuck it paranoia and thought they were a better shout than Omar/Kokichi for getting paranoid over. I was hunting for the townier buddy to hijack, which is why I didn't hijack Beast/Lapis. Hijacked Nagito N1 but that's moot since Beast was on the kill.

6 minutes ago, Lapis Lazuli said:

@Ozaki Yeah it's called Beast bit off of your read on me when he did his impressions post, and the wifom I quoted above you sounds like the WIFOM he gave when he shook up the thread d3.

Oh and the fact that you refused to put up an argument for why I was scum when pressed D3.

The first two points are unfortunate from my perspective but purely coincidental. You were not so towny that desperate scum wouldn't go for you. You were definitely lynch bait material and that's why he chose you over anyone else. The latter part i have no argument against but isn't scummy is it? Purely null from an objective point of view. Town!Me has just as much reason for the stuff I've already explained as scum!me.

I DID give an argument. I told you that it was the same reason as D2: your vote on someone (can't remember who now) was weakly made. It felt very cherry picked and while I didn't mind your defence when I pushed you on D2 the fact that you had to defend yourself at all put you as more likely scum than the other person in my lynch group at the time, beast. After beast came into the thread I was very doubtful of that though because his entrance struck a nerve and that's why I wanted to go back and analyse you both more thoroughly this phase.

Remember my tier list? I almost put beast in the town on play group but I was getting more and more paranoid about him because your previous slot seemed town and then when you defended yourself I was thinking of you furtehr and further up the group.

On 1/12/2018 at 12:37 PM, Toshio Ozaki said:

Batter is almost certainly town but I don't want to go into detail on it.
Similar for You but I'm less sure.

What's the story with the second line?

Just now, Lapis Lazuli said:

Hey, Nagito, are you actually that thing I thought you crumbed?

I'm not claiming because I don't want that role to get NK'd assuming that it's town (I'm also assuming it exists because you've basically admitted to knowing that it does).  Scum can 50/50 on me/Mello assuming a mislynch.

@Nagito: After there's been a large break people may have forgotten the intracies of *ylo play and when to kill and what not so it was worth a shot. Better than doing this right away. Do you think letting scum have the potential to misplay is a worse move than stopping them from misplaying entirely? Seriously?

Since you're the GOD of roles in this game what do you think I should have done?

I explained it in the post you quoted but since people love not reading my posts I'll say it again. My lynch pool on D2 of people I thought could be scum, was Faye/Lapis/Beast/Endeavor/Kokichi and Batter. I think Lapis has good interactions with beast which is stronger evidence of town than my general impressions of Kokichi which I don't think really changed from D1 when I explained them to Rick.

Mello is defo town because if he was buddies with beast he would've been on the kill and I would've successfully hijacked him.

9 minutes ago, Mello said:

What's the story with the second line?

That was directed at Kokichi because I thought they were very town on play.

I think the role gets NKed regardless if it's town-aligned. Assuming I know it exists.

Re: tier list: You literally poed me yesterday so I didn't move up the list at all apparently.

Not feeling like moving this vote tbh, but I want to see what @Omar Little and Mello think.

Actually fuck it, I thought of a better play.  Yes, I'm Amnesiac.  My picked numbers were (2,1) and I'm 3rd pick.  I'm not going to be coy about it since it's bloody obvious, but I did absorb Doctor yesterday ("can I use my role on the same night that I absorb it" "no" "why did I pick this shitty role to begin with" ~ me last night).  That's the real reason I didn't want a No Lynch, because I felt like I could predict the NK (which is why I asked who everyone was townreading at the beginning of the day).  @Toshio Ozaki No flame, I only said that I doubt hijacker/hooker/follower existed so that scum wouldn't shoot me this night because I already claimed to not be Amnesiac before.  I was already starting to doubt the Toshio lynch and IMO his claim is town.  So what's going to happen is that I'll doc Mello and Toshio can hijack whoever to Mello.  This plan will only work if Toshio/me are town but I don't think Toshio is scum and I know I'm not scum, so...

hold one second, i'm going to sound dumb but what were the possible pr's that existed before today? i'm thinking isn't toshio isn't scum because wouldn't scum realize that batter isn't a pr after toshio did the hijack and i realize it'd be dumb for scum to purposely target vengeful in the night because beast would be probably be the one getting shot. At the very least it's better to kill a townie in the night i think then try to get another townie killed the next day.

8 minutes ago, Lapis Lazuli said:

Re: tier list: You literally poed me yesterday so I didn't move up the list at all apparently.

This is because it was always gonna be you vs Beast. You weren't townie enough to get above the likes of Kokichi and Batter and I went with going for my first instinct on your slot rather than letting my brain overthink like always. Remember I had PoE'd you to a group of two people. You were townier and townier by the minute and Beast was scummier and scummier by the minute.

Also Rick was a mafia vanilla so some high numbered town has a scummy role and that's me.

1 minute ago, Omar Little said:

hold one second, i'm going to sound dumb but what were the possible pr's that existed before today? i'm thinking isn't toshio isn't scum because wouldn't scum realize that batter isn't a pr after toshio did the hijack and i realize it'd be dumb for scum to purposely target vengeful in the night because beast would be probably be the one getting shot. At the very least it's better to kill a townie in the night i think then try to get another townie killed the next day.

I didn't know Batter was a PR until after he died. All I get as a night result is "your action was successful" this is regardless of who I target.

@Nagito: Why wouldn't scum just target me?

OK, that does check out. I'm just puzzling at pick order right now, because for Toshio to be second and Nagito to be 3rd, 4th would've had to have had 2, 1+.Which makes sense, I guess. I'm probably overthinking it.

He's a Hijacker, not a Follower.  

Just now, Toshio Ozaki said:

Why are:

a) people drawing attention to crumbs
b) people claiming PRs for no reason.

You should have just kept it as flaming me and potentially clearing people. This fucking game.

You're (probably) town and I was second on most peoples' lynch priorities anyways.  I would have to claim sooner or later, so might as well do it while you're on so I can figure out this game.

I didn't want to risk scum NKing me on the 50/50 and my role doing nothing.