Anyone else super bummed that Warriors doesn't have anyone from FE9 and 10?

NYCorona

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

what made me upset was Lyn and Celica being added in at the last second, the devs said that the characters were only going to be from three games they should have stuck with that.  Don't get me wrong I like Lyn and Celica, but isince the shoved Lyn in the base game Ike should have been with her instead of Celica who was shoved in the game because one of the head devs is a big fan of hers. I can live with the three game limit fine, but don't tell me that and then go wait Lyn and Celica are in but Ike is not.  The game play is great, but I have problems with the roster because they went on and on about too many sword users but don't have certain unit types in the base game as player units at all.  You have to buy the DLC to have a non flying lance user and while Lissa uses an ax they could have put a fighter class unit in the game.  

I believe it was said that IS is responsible for Celica too. She's the promotional character.

Still, it's slippery slope. If they did put Ike, then people would say Hector should have been added too, and so on and so forth. The characters may vary, but something like that would almost certainly ensue. With each exception, the argument for other characters gets stronger.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I believe it was said that IS is responsible for Celica too. She's the promotional character.

Still, it's slippery slope. If they did put Ike, then people would say Hector should have been added too, and so on and so forth. The characters may vary, but something like that would almost certainly ensue. With each exception, the argument for other characters gets stronger.

Which is why I was upset that Lyn and Celica were put in the game at all, they should have stuck with the three games they chose to use and had those two as part of the DLC.

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

Vaike, Barst Arthur or Charlotte.  I am probably in the minority in that I like ax users and I always train one up in every FE game I play.  It is just they complained about too many swords, but they really did not make much effort in having several class types in the base game who use weapons other then swords.

The issue is, axe infantry tend to be pretty divisive - all of them except Barst are either loved or hated... I doubt there's any middle ground. The latter two especially would upset the balance between Nohrian and Hoshidan characters.

tbh I just rolled my eyes at the cast since it was pretty much the standard Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates, considering they did tease a bunch of other characters such as Ike, Micaiah, and Sothe. Though obviously it is for good reason since those are some of the more recent and popular...? (not sure about Shadow Dragon) so they are the most enticing for the audience. Yeah I feel like they missed out by not adding any of the Tellius cast honestly.

Though I wish they added Hector as an axe user over Lissa

1 hour ago, NYCorona said:

Wow, nice to see this forum is still active.

I brought this up because I just bought the switch so I literally just found out about FE Warriors.

I like the roster myself, but when you consider I haven't played the 3ds FE's yet, it is hard to have any attachment to most of the roster here.

I've only played FE7-10.

It's also on the 3DS, so eh.

You can look at the lack of familiar faces in two ways:

1. This sucks, I don't recognize anyone
2. Oh hey, a chance to find new favorite characters!

I went with (2).  It makes things more enjoyable.

11 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The issue is, axe infantry tend to be pretty divisive - all of them except Barst are either loved or hated... I doubt there's any middle ground. The latter two especially would upset the balance between Nohrian and Hoshidan characters.

They could have had Rinka and Charlotte.   I would have been happy if they had put Barst in.  I am just pointing out how the devs could have done better with the roster and had less swords if they had tried harder.  They don't have any dagger users either and as I recall Kaze is fairly popular.

Edited by EricaofRenais

21 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

They could have had Rinka and Charlotte.   I would have been happy if they had put Barst in.  I am just pointing out how the devs could have done better with the roster and had less swords if they had tried harder.  They don't have any dagger users either and as I recall Kaze is fairly popular.

And I think you're trying waaaaay too hard - is Rinkah even popular...? ...Because I highly doubt she is. She also isn't that well-liked - Lumi, aka Thor Odinson, is about the only person here on SF I can think of that actually likes her...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

28 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It's also on the 3DS, so eh.

You can look at the lack of familiar faces in two ways:

1. This sucks, I don't recognize anyone
2. Oh hey, a chance to find new favorite characters!

I went with (2).  It makes things more enjoyable.

Great point.

I just decided to try out Awakening on emulator to get a feel for the characters.

Then, who knows? Maybe I'll grow fond of them enough to want to buy Warriors :)

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I kind of wish Koei stuck with their original idea of giving Rowan and axe and Lianna a lance. It would have made them more unique if nothing else. Especially since Fire Emblem already have more than enough popular sword users to choose from. They could have easily had Darios be a temporary playable character for the tutorial since it seems like Chrom was always going to be unlocked early in the story.

As for axe users I think most of them are not very popular at worst and divisive at best. Most Fighter/Barbarian class characters don't really stand out that much. The only popular axe user not in Warriors I could think of is Cherche but she probably wouldn't fit in well considering the Awakening characters were pulled into Aytolis well before the Gangrel started messing around with Ylisse.

Oh yeah, I still hate that Ike is not in this game. He's one of my favorite video game characters ever. And how could they not include one of the most popular FE characters period? Oh, but he doesn't have boobs or anything like Lyn and Celica!

Really, the only reason I can think of for Lyn being in and not Ike as a non-3DS rep is her boobs and legs. It can't be western bias, as they said Ike was actually more popular than her out here.

Celica was to keep milking Echoes advertising and also because she has boobs. Gotta pander only to the male players who play for nothing but their "waifus" and their boobs...

I'm grateful that I got Frederick here since he's my other favorite FE character and someone I love nearly just as much as Ike, but I'll always think it was stupid to pass Ike up.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Lunarly said:

tbh I just rolled my eyes at the cast since it was pretty much the standard Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates, considering they did tease a bunch of other characters such as Ike, Micaiah, and Sothe. Though obviously it is for good reason since those are some of the more recent and popular...? (not sure about Shadow Dragon) so they are the most enticing for the audience. Yeah I feel like they missed out by not adding any of the Tellius cast honestly.

Though I wish they added Hector as an axe user over Lissa

They never teased those characters. I think you may be thinking of the other crossover.

7 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Frankly, I'm nowhere near "super bummed" - among the Tellius cast, who the hell would have a respectable chance to get in besides Ike???? Well, that, and the game already has some of the characters I wanted in.

If Tellius were to be a focus continent, I could imagine:

• Ike
  • Titania
  • Soren
  • Mist
  • Elincia
  • Micaiah
  • Sothe

Reasonably varied, sized, and gets primary group members in.

7 hours ago, Lau said:

Hah, not at all. If anything, I'm salty that Archanea only had three reps in the base game with Navarre most likely being cut in favour of Lyn.

Then again, I do appreciate how well they handled Marth, Caeda and Tiki.

Do people seriously still believe this?

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I still hate that Ike is not in this game. He's one of my favorite video game characters ever. And how could they not include one of the most popular FE characters period? Oh, but he doesn't have boobs or anything like Lyn and Celica!

Really, the only reason I can think of for Lyn being in and not Ike as a non-3DS rep is her boobs and legs. It can't be western bias, as they said Ike was actually more popular than her out here.

Celica was to keep milking Echoes advertising and also because she has boobs. Gotta pander only to the male players who play for nothing but their "waifus" and their boobs...

I'm grateful that I got Frederick here since he's my other favorite FE character and someone I love nearly just as much as Ike, but I'll always think it was stupid to pass Ike up.

Ana... what is this about? I'll not speak to the reasons behind Lyn and Celica's inclusion, but... really? You're using the boob excuse? In the one Warriors game where even freaking Camilla was kept tame?

This is a rude excuse you should not be throwing around lightly. Just because Japan made this game, doesn't mean boobs is all anyone cares about. You know why these two were added. I know why these two were added, and it sure as heck doesn't involve their cups. KT's done a damn good job at keeping the female models to a Nintendo-respectable standard.  For them, that takes restraint (not to mention an IS dev behind their shoulders, figuratively speaking).

Everyone wanted Ike. Goes without saying. I knew Frederick would sate your thirst (I played the distortion where he tries bear meat. It was glorious X) ), but let's not insult other characters' inclusions regardless of why they're there. There's always the possibly of more DLC, or a sequel. I'm sure Ike will make his way back one way or another. For now I think Ryoma's a good stand-in. Spam that Strong IV shockwave goodness.

The waiting game's no fun, but someone's gotta play it.

1 minute ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Ana... what is this about? I'll not speak to the reasons behind Lyn and Celica's inclusion, but... really? You're using the boob excuse? In the one Warriors game where even freaking Camilla was kept tame?

This is a rude excuse you should not be throwing around lightly. Just because Japan made this game, doesn't mean boobs is all anyone cares about. You know why these two were added. I know why these two were added, and it sure as heck doesn't involve their cups. KT's done a damn good job at keeping the female models to a Nintendo-respectable standard.  For them, that takes restraint (not to mention an IS dev behind their shoulders, figuratively speaking).

Everyone wanted Ike. Goes without saying. I knew Frederick would sate your thirst (I played the distortion where he tries bear meat. It was glorious X) ), but let's not insult other characters' inclusions regardless of why they're there. There's always the possibly of more DLC, or a sequel. I'm sure Ike will make his way back one way or another. For now I think Ryoma's a good stand-in. Spam that Strong IV shockwave goodness.

The waiting game's no fun, but someone's gotta play it.

I never said anything about them being sexualized, what are you talking about? Camilla wasn't any different than she usually is though, her design remained the same. Only Lyn got modesty shorts added.

I was talking about the simple fact that they're women some fans find attractive/sexy regardless of fanservice, not their designs being sexualized. It's no secret that female characters are a bit more popular sometimes.

I just think it's dumb to ignore the males who are super popular as well, such as Ike. Like you said, everyone wanted him, but Koei didn't care and decided just women people find hot were fine as far as non-3DS reps went. I love Ryoma, but Lyn being in and Ike being shafted will always leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I won't deny female characters are attractive, and certainly in FE. I just think Lyn and Celica were added mainly for old FE7 fan nostalgia and Echoes promotion respectively, while them being attractive women was a secondary reason. But for all I know it's the other way around.

Also, forgive my use of Camilla as a comparison. It's still based on first impressions since I still do not have Fates.

40 minutes ago, Florete said:

Do people seriously still believe this?

Can't speak for others, but I do. It's just blatantly obvious - Navarre is in the story, Lyn isn't. Navarre is a character from SD, one of the three 'focus' games, Lyn is not. Navarre is known for double-wielding, Lyn is not. The list goes on.

Moving on...why are we talking about boobs being a deciding factor? Lyn was most likely put in due to: Navarre's moveset being partially done, so it'd be easy to scrap Navarre and paste it on Lyn; she came out on top of the CYL poll if you don't combine Ike's votes, which the devs probably didn't (it's happened before, such as IS not combining Marth's votes to let him compete in the CYL gauntlet in Heroes)...

Another reason is probably because this Warriors was most likely just to test the waters. They've already said that they're saving Ike, and Roy for that matter the sweet cherub, for a sequel. I fully believe that we will get a sequel, sooo, hey ho.

As for Celica...a higher-up really liked her, plus she's basically Melee!Roy as she provides promotion for Echoes.

Stop being so crude and lumping every female character with fanservice. Yeesh.

59 minutes ago, Florete said:

If Tellius were to be a focus continent, I could imagine:

• Ike
  • Titania
  • Soren
  • Mist
  • Elincia
  • Micaiah
  • Sothe

Reasonably varied, sized, and gets primary group members in.

Ya ask me, that looks like a varied list at first glance, but how would most of these be handled?? Ike, Elincia, Mist, and Sothe would all be using swords most likely, and Titania's in a class that's more known for using swords and lances. This looks more like it'd be swords upon swords upon swords.

13 minutes ago, Lau said:

Can't speak for others, but I do. It's just blatantly obvious - Navarre is in the story, Lyn isn't. Navarre is a character from SD, one of the three 'focus' games, Lyn is not. Navarre is known for double-wielding, Lyn is not. The list goes on.

Oboro, Niles, and Owain are also in the base game and not playable, to say nothing of the villains. Lyn's Awakening artwork has her dual-wielding, so there's precedent for that. She's popular, so they made her a bonus character. Having her and Celica also allowed them to have the 5 base game history maps all be from different games.

The idea that Lyn (and Celica) "replaced" anyone is simply hearsay based on a few words from the devs that were stretched to mean what people want them to mean. There's no legitimate evidence pointing to it.

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Ya ask me, that looks like a varied list at first glance, but how would most of these be handled?? Ike, Elincia, Mist, and Sothe would all be using swords most likely, and Titania's in a class that's more known for using swords and lances. This looks more like it'd be swords upon swords upon swords.

Ike, Elincia, and Mist all use swords, but would play differently due to being infantry, flying, and cavalry (hopefully) respectively. Titania's primary weapon has always been axes and she's only been able to wield a sword upon promoting in RD. And for Sothe, I should have mentioned that I'm imagining this for a theoretical sequel where knives would be introduced.

I think there will be fan requests after DLC is done. I do agree with the Tellius list Florete had mentioned, but could use a little Ranulf, since Tiki and Corrin are two of the only transformable characters right now. 

A list for Jugdral being a focus continent would include:

Seliph (with Sigurd style costume as secondary), Julia (with Dierdre style costume as secondary), Altena (with Gae Bolg and Quan styled costume as secondary), Ced (with Forseti and Lewyn styled clothing as secondary), Arvis OR Julius with Valflame, Ishtar with Mjolnir and Febail with Yewfelle.

Julia, Arvis/Julius, Ced and Ishtar would all be magic uses like Leo.

As for more of the continents:

Elibe  - Jaffar, Eliwood/Roy, Athos, Hector, Florina, Nino (with Fimbulvetr), with unlockables featuring Black Fang members Lloyd, Linus, Narcian OR Nergal, and Zephiel

Archanea - Jeorge (with Parthia), Merric, Linde, Minerva and Bantu, with unlockables featuring Camus, Michalis, Medeus, Hardin and Xane

Valentia, Alm's Army - Alm, Gray (Dreadfighter), Tobin (Bow Knight), Clive and Delthea (with Dark Aura), with unlockables featuring Berkut, Fernand OR Rudolf, Rinea, Lukas and Faye

Celica's Army - Mae, Boey, Saber, Sonya and Conrad with unlockables featuring Jedah, Deen, Cerberus, Palla and Catria

Magvel - Eirkia, Ephraim, Innes, Tana and Lute with unlockables featuring Lyon, Valter, Caellach, Joshua and Natasha

Ylisse - Nowi, Gregor, Sumia, Ricken and Basilio with unlockables featuring Gangrel, Aversa, Walhart, Emmeryn and Morgan (M/F)

Hoshido/Nohr - Silas, Kaze, Felicia, Jakob and Kana (M/F) with unlockables featuring Shrio, Seigbert, Kiragi, Forrest and Lillith

Not me. I like every american FE and i'm super happy with the roster.

Having just 3 focus games was the best move they could've done, only botched by the fanbase that refused to see this was for the best and led to Lyn and Celica and Anna being wasted slots.

Tellius is a 2-in1 deal. Like Fates. It's bound to get a fair bit of love in FEW2, much more than it would ever get in,

Besides, Ike's just a swordsman, pretty sure people were complaining about too many swords.

Not really. I quite like the roster we have. While yes there are other characters I would have liked to have seen, but I knew they wouldn't get in since they are rather minor. The only thing I would say I dislike about the roster is the inclusion of Lyn and Celica. While I like them, I can't help but feel their inclusion is a bit shoe-horned and out of place. I would have preferred them either be cut or at least include the other main characters (Eliwood, Hector and Alm) so they aren't all by their lonesomes (It also doesn't help that they made teh statement that SD, Awakening and Fates were the focuses and yet two characters not from their were included but the whole promotion of this game was BS anyway so what evs).

2 hours ago, Lau said:

Moving on...why are we talking about boobs being a deciding factor? Lyn was most likely put in due to: Navarre's moveset being partially done, so it'd be easy to scrap Navarre and paste it on Lyn; she came out on top of the CYL poll if you don't combine Ike's votes, which the devs probably didn't (it's happened before, such as IS not combining Marth's votes to let him compete in the CYL gauntlet in Heroes)...

Another reason is probably because this Warriors was most likely just to test the waters. They've already said that they're saving Ike, and Roy for that matter the sweet cherub, for a sequel. I fully believe that we will get a sequel, sooo, hey ho.

As for Celica...a higher-up really liked her, plus she's basically Melee!Roy as she provides promotion for Echoes.

Stop being so crude and lumping every female character with fanservice. Yeesh.

I kind of doubt we'll get it soon, but I think it's highly likely.

I mostly agree that Lyn got in probably due to convenience and popularity. Though, some of her popularity probably comes from the fact she is attractive and her outfit isn't the most modest of things (at least they added shorts this time around which is actually a point against her being added solely for sex appeal).

47 minutes ago, guedesbrawl said:

Having just 3 focus games was the best move they could've done, only botched by the fanbase that refused to see this was for the best and led to Lyn and Celica and Anna being wasted slots.

You can't actually believe this nonsense. By the time there were roster complaints from the fanbase there was no time to add characters like Lyn and Celica (and their history maps) in, and Anna's inclusion as a bonus character should have been a prediction everyone was making.

54 minutes ago, Florete said:

You can't actually believe this nonsense. By the time there were roster complaints from the fanbase there was no time to add characters like Lyn and Celica (and their history maps) in, and Anna's inclusion as a bonus character should have been a prediction everyone was making.

Oh, i don't believe for a second they were a response for the backlash that happened.

They knew some parts of the fanbase would riot, i'm sure. The backlash was predicted.

With Niles being 100% intentional for the base game i doubt Anna was ever planned as more than a Navi until either IS forced her or they realized they wouldn't get Oboro's moveset done in time which forced then to cut niles to maintain roster balance between Fates's two games.

Anna doesn't really accomplish anything as a playable character and her primary role was support-only. Heck, i admit i haven't unlocked her yet so this could change, but look at the voice selection menu. Anna's voice is simply listed as "Default". Not even a NAME.

Edited by guedesbrawl