ANOTHER AWESOME IDEA!!!

Liz

i was thinking of a new type of unit archetype for an FE game.

a prepromote that you recruit at level 1 with all stats capped or near capped, but with negative growths.

as the unit gains levels, it also loses stats, eventually making him reach on average the stats of a 1/0 unit at level 20/20.

Edited by Troy of Troy

So...doesn't this basically mean you can recruit the guy, never use him, and then use him to pwn everybody in endgame?

true.

maybe not have stats that are completely maxed out, but you get the point, no?

That would be fairly...weird. It would seriously fuck up anybody who didn't know about the growths.

well... after gaining the first level, they would realize that the unit would lose stats the more he/she is used, so they would use him sparingly

well... after gaining the first level, they would realize that the unit would lose stats the more he/she is used, so they would use him sparingly

That's a good point. I can see this kind of unit being used to a strategical advantage. Maybe this unit would start at 20 and level down? That way they'll be getting levels quicker as they get weaker, and won't gain as many to start. It would be an ultimate Jeigan.

That's a good point. I can see this kind of unit being used to a strategical advantage. Maybe this unit would start at 20 and level down? That way they'll be getting levels quicker as they get weaker, and won't gain as many to start. It would be an ultimate Jeigan.

well, doing that would lend to aboose during the early chapters, considering the unit is available early in the game.

he would be able to clear entire chapters without gaining much experience.

its kinda funny that you mention Jeigan, though, considering i got this idea from him. i thought "hey, he's an old guy, shouldn't he be getting weaker as time passes?"

XD

well, doing that would lend to aboose during the early chapters, considering the unit is available early in the game.

he would be able to clear entire chapters without gaining much experience.

Any player dumb enough to do that would be screwed as a result. Their team would be undertrained and their soloist would be getting weaker. It would be a unit for especially needy situations that would get worse the less you needed him/her.

Any player dumb enough to do that would be screwed as a result. Their team would be undertrained and their soloist would be getting weaker. It would be a unit for especially needy situations that would get worse the less you needed him/her.

true that.

the unit could also be useful when another unit of yours died and the rest of the team was too underleveled to be reasonably used.