Do you use Astrid?

Wolf

Do you use Astrid?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Astrid

• Yes and she is awesome
    • No and she sucks
    • Sometimes

Astrid is epic. Or at least, thats how she always turns out for me.

Her growths are amazing! (40% Chance of strength increase = Very yes) She easily starts doubling after a few levels unless you get Spd screwed. Plus, she can get axes later. Or, if you're an idiot like I am, Swords.

Plus, she has Paragon. Geoffrey is the only other person with Paragon and he's lollate.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care too much for her I've used her in a few playthoughs. While she isn't a bad unit I don't think she's one of the best. Her greatest point is she's in pretty much the best class in PoR.... though she's quite inconvenient to the party. So in a tier list setting she'd be technically worse then a good number of units mainly because to make her useful takes away from already useful units.

If she wasnt a cute lil' girl no one would care for her.

Paladin wise I personally think Oscar= Kieran > Titania > Astrid > Makalov > Geoffrey(T_T He's soo cool but so not worth it)

I use Oscar the most out of the paladins and he makes a great support partner for Ike, Kieran is great for oscar when I want to field the Kain Abel archetypes , then I use Titania and Geoffrey.... I've use Astrid and Makalov once each and Astrid was alright and Maky boy wasnt benched fairly soon.

Another minus for Astrid is that she adore Makalov whos the scrum of the earth.

I literally could never find a time to use her. She starts out way too weak, and the results aren't even worth it. :[

EDIT: k I thought this was the FE10 board, hahahaha

Astrid' cool. She levels up pretty fast, is mounted and has axes after promotion.

Edited by Lord Raven

I don't care too much for her I've used her in a few playthoughs. While she isn't a bad unit I don't think she's one of the best. Her greatest point is she's in pretty much the best class in PoR.... though she's quite inconvenient to the party. So in a tier list setting she'd be technically worse then a good number of units mainly because to make her useful takes away from already useful units.

If she wasnt a cute lil' girl no one would care for her.

Paladin wise I personally think Oscar= Kieran > Titania > Astrid > Makalov > Geoffrey(T_T He's soo cool but so not worth it)

I use Oscar the most out of the paladins and he makes a great support partner for Ike, Kieran is great for oscar when I want to field the Kain Abel archetypes , then I use Titania and Geoffrey.... I've use Astrid and Makalov once each and Astrid was alright and Maky boy wasnt benched fairly soon.

Another minus for Astrid is that she adore Makalov whos the scrum of the earth.

Actually she ends up pretty good in a tier list setting. She really doesn't take anything away from the team. She doesn't get in the way, and she basically levels up just by hitting something. She also comes with a sexy Knight Ward. :D

I didn't give Astrid a shot the first time through, but I made it a point to use her the second time around. She proved to be a much worthier unit than I had anticipated. She's not as good as Oscar and Kieran, though.

Honestly the only reason people give her the time of day is because she's a cute girl... thats why I tried her out... she's pretty much another Nino... or whatever that archetype is called she's lucky she's in the OMG amazing paladin class of PoR.

Well each to their own I reckon.

Another reason I dont care for her which others have mention is she appears awfully late, especially compared to her competition in the same class also. If Oscar, Kieran, Titania all came like only one or two chapters before her sure then she'd probably would be much more worthwhile I think. While I could use every paladin and have an amazing party I like a little unit diversity... and well if she's gonna be joining my paladin heavy team she ought be really interesting character wise..... she's way to meek and mundane

Astrid is not like Nino at all, since she doesn't come uber late.

Also, other Paladins being better than Astrid has no bearing on Astrid's performance.

Astrid is not like Nino at all, since she doesn't come uber late.

Also, other Paladins being better than Astrid has no bearing on Astrid's performance.

Well thats a relative opinion, personally to myself I don't like having 5+ of one class so when I already have 3 awesome paladins already I'm not going to use her.

And technically even if every unit is good, being the least least helpful unit make you the worse relatively but honesty everyone is quite usable in PoR I've used Devdan rather effectively by taking away Astrid's lovely knight ward and sticking it on him and now I have a fast and strong Devdan... and if a little bit more care I've made a Devdan better then my Nephenee but still Nephenee is the more reliable and better unit.

Well thats a relative opinion, personally to myself I don't like having 5+ of one class so when I already have 3 awesome paladins already I'm not going to use her.

And technically even if every unit is good, being the least least helpful unit make you the worse relatively but honesty everyone is quite usable in PoR I've used Devdan rather effectively by taking away Astrid's lovely knight ward and sticking it on him and now I have a fast and strong Devdan... and if a little bit more care I've made a Devdan better then my Nephenee but still Nephenee is the more reliable and better unit.

Why have three awesome Paladins when you can have five? Nine Movement, supports, and excellent stats.

You can give the Knight Ward to everyone and hax up their Speed.

Why have three awesome Paladins when you can have five? Nine Movement, supports, and excellent stats.

You can give the Knight Ward to everyone and hax up their Speed.

Simple I like a little unit diversity. I'll use a bad character because I like them and find them interesting ...Astrid isnt that interesting to me.... a nice girl yeah but her adore mister scrumbag is just lame and show her lack foresight or ignorance is pretty high :-/

Simple I like a little unit diversity. I'll use a bad character because I like them and find them interesting ...Astrid isnt that interesting to me.... a nice girl yeah but her adore mister scrumbag is just lame and show her lack foresight or ignorance is pretty high :-/

"I'll sell him to you. Cheap." XD

But yeah, in PoR I found Astrid to be really useful. She's easy to bring up (Paragon, baby!), and I got lucky with her statwise, so Astrid is cool.

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

Blegh, I hate Astrid. Her only good points are the Knight Ward (which she won't keep for long) and Paragon. But even with Paragon she is still a pain in the ass to train and generally unrewarding as she brings nothing unique to the part (even worse is she CANNOT use the Double Bow). Her stats are on par with many non-paladin units that bring so much more to your party, the only reason she gets used is because people like her.

But it's the S-rank to her main weapon. Considering the lack of available S-rank weapons you'd want to be having as many as you possibly can.

That's like saying the Longbow would be better than a Silver Bow (assume that you can't forge either) if the Longbow was higher ranked.

Who cares if it's S-ranked when it's incredibly weak?

Edited by Boo

But it's the S-rank to her main weapon. Considering the lack of available S-rank weapons you'd want to be having as many as you possibly can.

I just give her lots of heavy axes and have her weaken high-DEF enemies--she'll still get decent EXP thanks to Paragon and also end up using weapons with good WEXP gains. Steel Axe is an E weapon level, and I like to take advantage of it.

Guess what? Five Paladins actually give you diversity, plus a lot of flexibility.

For what it's worth, while Astrid has decent growths, her strength is lacking. And it really doesn't help that she levels fast and she's stuck with bows before promotion. She lucks out that the Steel Axe is E rank, because otherwise she'd be in trouble in the damage area.

yeah but the fact is she CAN use a steel axe so she does fine in the damage department. And to being "stuck" with bows that isn't too bad, especially since she starts in a level with birds as enemies.