How to play FEH on PC (Windows only)

mental_offence

Just chiming in to say that the new version of FEH is still working on the BlueStacks Beta. Things are looking good for when the not-Beta version with root access is released.

2 hours ago, ZeBlueSlip said:

Is it possible to run MEmu in performance mode (directx) ? Whenever I try, it will restart and load indefinitely. Compatible mode (OpenGL) is working flawlessly.

The reason is I want to run two instances at the same time and it gets a bit slow. Thanks everyone for all the hard work !

I have the same issue as @mental_offence above on the previous page. It appears to be a common problem with the MEmu version.

Edited by Some Jerk

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started to use Memu, but now I recognized the sound is strange. Everythings sounds a little bit slower and thus deeper. Cordelia sounds like She-Hulk in this way ... 

Is there a setting that I could change?

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

I just started to use Memu, but now I recognized the sound is strange. Everythings sounds a little bit slower and thus deeper. Cordelia sounds like She-Hulk in this way ... 

It happens randomly sometimes.

To get rid of this you can restart MEmu (or Windows if it won't help), although I wouldn't do that - it sounds hilarious.

1 minute ago, mental_offence said:

It happens randomly sometimes.

To get rid of this you can restart MEmu (or Windows if it won't help), although I wouldn't do that - it sounds hilarious.

My fear was that it came with the update. But you are right, a restart fixed the problem, thanks! 

(btw: all the women sound like she-hulk then, but Shiro ... his voice became so deep like an endgame boss over-Hulk). 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

That's another problem I think may be tied to the MEmu version, though for me the sound isn't deeper, just choppy, but improves the if it's left open for a while. I've just played with MEmu muted in the volume mixer for the first hour or so.

22 minutes ago, mental_offence said:

I've just tried directx and it does exactly the same thing - it loads and stops at 99%. I guess it just doesn't work.

Thanks for trying. I guess it just doesn't work.

For those who got stuck like me and don't want to reinstall the ova, here's how to reset back to OpenGL:

In Windows Explorer go to your VMs folder (mine is "D:\MEmu\MemuHyperv VMs\MEmu_1". Careful if you have multiple VMs).

Open the .memu file (mine is "MEmu_1.memu") as administrator.

Delete this line that was added when you switched to DirectX:

<GuestProperty name="graphics_render_mode" value="1" ...

If it doesn't work, open a command line as administrator in the MEmuHyperv folder (mine is "D:\Memu\MEmuHyperv").

Use this command:

MEmuManage guestproperty delete <yourVMname> graphics_render_mode

It should launch again in compatible OpenGL mode.

Edited by ZeBlueSlip

54 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

That's another problem I think may be tied to the MEmu version, though for me the sound isn't deeper, just choppy, but improves the if it's left open for a while. I've just played with MEmu muted in the volume mixer for the first hour or so.

The choppy effect occurs from time to time as well. But it seems to another thing. 

I've been trying to follow the steps for memu and I managed to get all going perfectly until I encountered this fun error while trying to install lollipop

I've uninstalled and reinstalled memu hoping it would work but I keep getting the error and I tried googling if people ever got the same error but couldn't find anything regarding that

681834e26b206f9cd67567d3a3ccc2b7.png

9 hours ago, Malpercio said:

The lollipop for memu download is failing repeatedly before it even reaches 10%, is anyone else having this issue? or is there an alternate link available?

I have the same issue, tried with different browsers/computers but it's always the same error, at the same time. I've tried to find another download link but even the one on MemuPlay is expired.

After installing everything for memu, FEH boots, but then stops and closes before the title screen, even with gplay apps temporarily unfrozen
If you leave gplay apps frozen, it only boots once before just permanently blackscreening on subsequent attempts

if you unfreeze apps, it starts launching again, but still crashes

Edited by Malpercio

Thank you!

For some reason FEH always crashed after starting up, but I noticed that instead prompting to ask to update google play, I got the message to enable google play instead.

It worked after I uninstalled and reinstalled memu and used the link you posted recently for lollipop

3 hours ago, Tetora said:

For some reason it stopped to wroking since today. Getting the request to enable Google Play instead of update now. 

I tested it on MEmu and it's working fine for me too, even post-update. It has to be something on your end. If you've synced to Nintendo already and have no issues with reinstalling MEmu and Lollipop, you may want to do that (use this link for the Lollipop download that @mental_offence supplied earlier!).

It might not be totally related to emulating itself, but I have a question. If I'm originally on iOS and I try to play through MEMU, which is Android-based, I understand any paid orbs I currently have from on iOS are unusable through Android. However, if I then go back to playing on my iOS phone, will the orbs still be there an be usable again? I'm just wondering since I bought the April orb deal the other day before deciding to try out emulating, and I don't want them to get wiped or something by doing so.

15 hours ago, Alkaid said:

It might not be totally related to emulating itself, but I have a question. If I'm originally on iOS and I try to play through MEMU, which is Android-based, I understand any paid orbs I currently have from on iOS are unusable through Android. However, if I then go back to playing on my iOS phone, will the orbs still be there an be usable again? I'm just wondering since I bought the April orb deal the other day before deciding to try out emulating, and I don't want them to get wiped or something by doing so.

Orbs can't expire no matter what (only untaken daily bonuses can expire), so you have nothing to worry about.

11 hours ago, mental_offence said:

Orbs can't expire no matter what (only untaken daily bonuses can expire), so you have nothing to worry about.

Thanks! Started using MEMU yesterday now and it's going well. I noticed the game gets stuck loading if you hit the shop button and I'm forced to restart MEMU. I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but I don't actually mind since if my macro goes out of sync and clicks there then it just gets stuck rather than doing anything funky in the shop tab.

16 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Thanks! Started using MEMU yesterday now and it's going well. I noticed the game gets stuck loading if you hit the shop button and I'm forced to restart MEMU. I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but I don't actually mind since if my macro goes out of sync and clicks there then it just gets stuck rather than doing anything funky in the shop tab.

Shop doesn't work, because google play services must stay deactivated. 

Some huge news regarding MEmu!

I've been searching for ways to add root access to existing ovas and after a while I accidently got stumbled upon one certain cheats website.
Apparently, there's a guy who goes by nickname MiKE41 who modded fgov2.ova a little - by some unknown means he acquired root access on this ova and after that he added signature spoofing feature and replaced google apps with microG.
Here's a link to his ova - microg-blank.ova. Interestingly enough this ova exists for almost 7 monthes already and no one on this forum knew about it, which I find somewhat funny.

This ova makes all my ovas obsolete, because 1st - there's root access for rerolling, 2nd - there's no "Update Google Services" error and 3rd - shop is actually usable here!
I'll update topic with new info.