Item Drops in Gaiden

Seafarer

I'm hoping to get Luna, Astra, and Sol at some point, and I have some questions about the mechanics of item drops in Gaiden:

Does the item show up in the enemy's inventory, or does it appear from nowhere when you kill them?

Do Mogalls that have been Conjured or summoned via Divide have a chance to drop Sol, or only ones that are on the map at the start?

Any answers would be appreciated; screenshots doubly so. I'd sooner not have to find out the answers myself by trial and error....

You should post this in SoV, these weapons aren't in OG Gaiden.

Enemies will have the item in their inventory, I can't say for certain with summoned enemies, but I doubt it.

There's a drop chart on the main site as well in the SoV subsection as well, it'll indicate what can be found where (the weapons you want will all be in the lower floors of Thabes). There's also a section indicating drop rates off of enemies.

Edit: I am a dumbass.

Edited by Dayni

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

You should post this in SoV, these weapons aren't in OG Gaiden.

They are present in the original game. They just drop so rarely you would be a fool to bother grinding for them. I think they just appear out of nowhere, but random drops are so rare I don't know for sure.

2 minutes ago, Darrman said:

They are present in the original game. They just drop so rarely you would be a fool to bother grinding for them. I think they just appear out of nowhere, but random drops are so rare I don't know for sure.

Yeah, my mistake. Forgot they existed.

The item will drop randomly and will not appear in the enemy's inventory.

All Mogalls should have a chance to drop it (as far as I know).

It really shouldn't be necessary to have Sol, Astra, and Luna as they won't really be getting too much use once you get them, but then again I've gone hunting for them hours on end before, so I'm not one to talk. Have fun, and good luck!

6 hours ago, Darrman said:

Well, I'm a fool, then. But I already knew that.

5 hours ago, AlmondJuice said:

The item will drop randomly and will not appear in the enemy's inventory.

All Mogalls should have a chance to drop it (as far as I know).

It really shouldn't be necessary to have Sol, Astra, and Luna as they won't really be getting too much use once you get them, but then again I've gone hunting for them hours on end before, so I'm not one to talk. Have fun, and good luck!

Yeah, I know they're not necessary. I'm just a completionist. Thanks for the help!

Each item has about 0.258% - 0.014% chance of dropping, you're better off using cheats to get them. The only one that's worth it is Luna since it gives you 100% hit rates from having it in your inventory.