Official Debate Your Charater Rules

- Councils of judges will vote on the debates to decide who wins. In the cases where a judge is also competing, an alternate judge will vote on their debates. You will be judged based upon how useful you proved your character to be, how well you attacked your foe's character, how well you countered his/her points, and how interesting your debate was.

- Post within two days or forfeit. This means that if you leave a debate hanging in the FE6 section, you many still participate in the FE7 area. The one exception to the time rule is if you post in the organization thread or PM whomever is leading debates so that we know you need more time. Time will not be limitless, so do post quickly or else matches will be called. This rule will be heavily enforced. Any requests to be unbanned must go to whomever is running debates.

- All debates in the normal matches will allow three posts per person.

- Tournaments will be double elimination, but there will be random faceoffs without a bracket.

- Winners and Losers finals will be five posts each. If you face someone you faced before, you must use different characters so it's not the same debate. In the final match, characters that are no longer being debated/have been eliminated may be chosen.

Edited by 安室 奈美恵

Three days seems more appropriate to me.

Also, if someone needs an extension due to family problems or something, I can also see that as a valid reason to actually receive that extension.

Are they truly the exact same as the old FEF DYC rules? I didn't notice >_<

Yes, these rules will need some revisions then, but for now, I just want to see the time limit revised.

Edited by Tino

Time limits should only be 3 days if they're there. I'd prefer them to be in place for debate challenges, too, but that's hardly enforcable since they're not really holding anything up.

I don't think a time limit should be enforced on debate challenges, although it would of course be appreciated if both debaters wouldn't take too long posting their arguments.

• 3 months later...
What do you mean by "Attacked your opponent's character"?

How well he made the opponent's character seem worse than his own character.