Korean Spam

edgelordweeaboo

I guess I should mention those spammers who spam sites about sport matches or something.

What's worse is that they speak in English, so I voice them as robots, lol. They also often make topic titles that seem like something a normal poster would make for discussion, but unfortunately its just bait.

1 hour ago, Flee Fleet! said:

I guess I should mention those spammers who spam sites about sport matches or something.

What's worse is that they speak in English, so I voice them as robots, lol. They also often make topic titles that seem like something a normal poster would make for discussion, but unfortunately its just bait.

Oh yeah, those ones are pretty sneaky.

As obnoxious as the Korean/Chinese/etc. spam is, at least it's super obvious, so we--the moderating team--can easily identify them.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this problem isn't unique to SF; I imagine a lot of other forums get this (especially those powered by IPB or similar forum software).

48 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Oh yeah, those ones are pretty sneaky.

As obnoxious as the Korean/Chinese/etc. spam is, at least it's super obvious, so we--the moderating team--can easily identify them.

Indeed. Not to mention they spam like, a hundreds of the very same topic, lol, whereas the sneaky ones usually post like 3 to 4 topics around the same time, from what I've seen.

Oh well, as @eclipse, we should report them.

50 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this problem isn't unique to SF; I imagine a lot of other forums get this (especially those powered by IPB or similar forum software).

Yeah. I guess popular forums mostly face this problem.