First PoR PT

DeSu

started it last night, but I've been busy with the baby n all. Currently Ch 13. Rolf is awesum( SS, hold your tongue please), Astrid keeps dying on turn one randomly, Boyd is hax, I ♥ Nephenee.

Tips for later anyone?

You need to talk to Shinon with Rolf and then have Ike beat him to recruit Shinon. Sure, there isn't much Shinon can do productive, but it's worthwhile if you're a pacifist. Also, Aether is your buddy when dealing with the Black Knight. It's highly recommended to train Mist, she'll be needed to heal Ike during the Black Knight fight.

So far my characters appear as such.

Ike: lvl 18 Ranger, 29 hp, 15 str, 5 mag, 13 skill, 20 spd, 11 luk, 14 def, 7 res

Boyd: lvl 20 fighter, 40 hp, 20 str, 2 mag, 14 skill, 14 spd, 9 luk, 11 def, 4 res

Oscar: lvl 17 lance, 34 hp, 13 str, 3 mag, 13 skill, 13 spd, 8 luk, 14 def, 5 res

Rolf: lvl 11 archer, 24 hp, 8 str, 15 skill, 12 spd, 7 luk, 8 def, 5 res( he was better, but people kept dying, so I had to restart. At one point he had 11 def D:!)

Ilyana: lvl 13 Mage, 32 hp, 3 str, 10 mag, 12 skill, 13 spd, 12 luk, 4 def, 12 res

RHYS!!!!: lvl 17 priest, 26 hp, 19 mag, 13 skill, 11 spd, 13 luk, 3 def, 20 res

Kieran: lvl 14 axe, 30 hp, 13 str, 2 mag, 10 skill, 12 spd, 8 luk, 11 def, 1 res

Nephenee♥: lvl 13 soldier, 23 hp, 10 str, 3 mag, 15 skill, 15 spd, 7 luk, 10 def, 3 res

Zihark: lvl 12 myrm, 25 hp, 11 str, 1 mag, 14 skill, 17 spd, 7 luk, 7 def, 1 res

Marcia: lvl 12 peg, 25 hp, 11 str, 1 mag, 11 skill, 14 spd, 6 luk, 11 def, 9 res

Mist(sux): lvl 7 loser, 19 hp, 4 str, 8 mag, 5 skill, 10 spd, 12 luk, 4 def, 7 res

Not using Soren atm, cuz he's an asshole. He has better stats than Ilyana atm too. Probably gonna use Astrid. Also Brom. Mia was killed by the Black Knight :(. Not using the laguz, Jill or Titania.

Ike talks to Astrid, Astrid talks to Gatrie.

Also, Titania and Jill are pwn. Arguably the game's two best. But it doesn't matter that you're not using them. This game is easy enough as it is, even on hard mode. There's no need to make it even easier by using the game's best units.

Edited by Reikken

Ike: lvl 18 Ranger, 29 hp, 15 str, 5 mag, 13 skill, 20 spd, 11 luk, 14 def, 7 res

Boyd: lvl 20 fighter, 40 hp, 20 str, 2 mag, 14 skill, 14 spd, 9 luk, 11 def, 4 res

Oscar: lvl 17 lance, 34 hp, 13 str, 3 mag, 13 skill, 13 spd, 8 luk, 14 def, 5 res

Rolf: lvl 11 archer, 24 hp, 8 str, 15 skill, 12 spd, 7 luk, 8 def, 5 res( he was better, but people kept dying, so I had to restart. At one point he had 11 def D:!)

Ilyana: lvl 13 Mage, 32 hp, 3 str, 10 mag, 12 skill, 13 spd, 12 luk, 4 def, 12 res

Kieran: lvl 14 axe, 30 hp, 13 str, 2 mag, 10 skill, 12 spd, 8 luk, 11 def, 1 res

Nephenee♥: lvl 13 soldier, 23 hp, 10 str, 3 mag, 15 skill, 15 spd, 7 luk, 10 def, 3 res

Zihark: lvl 12 myrm, 25 hp, 11 str, 1 mag, 14 skill, 17 spd, 7 luk, 7 def, 1 res

1. Marcia: lvl 12 peg, 25 hp, 11 str, 1 mag, 11 skill, 14 spd, 6 luk, 11 def, 9 res

2. Mist(sux): lvl 7 loser, 19 hp, 4 str, 8 mag, 5 skill, 10 spd, 12 luk, 4 def, 7 res

3. Not using Soren atm, cuz he's an asshole. He has better stats than Ilyana atm too. Probably gonna use Astrid. Also Brom. Mia was killed by the Black Knight :(. Not using the laguz, Jill or Titania.

1. train her more and more and more and she becomes really really really good. She's always my second best unit coming before Soren

2. =D You'd better train her before it's too late and she dies. You need her.

3. =o I'm glad that never happens to me

Marcia: lvl 12 peg, 25 hp, 11 str, 1 mag, 11 skill, 14 spd, 6 luk, 11 def, 9 res

Mist(sux): lvl 7 loser, 19 hp, 4 str, 8 mag, 5 skill, 10 spd, 12 luk, 4 def, 7 res

Not using Soren atm, cuz he's an asshole. He has better stats than Ilyana atm too. Probably gonna use Astrid. Also Brom. Mia was killed by the Black Knight :(. Not using the laguz, Jill or Titania.

FUCKIN RETARD. YOU BETTER USE MIST OR UR SCREWED.

I'd say Rhys is better, but no one wants to go down that road.

I do.

Mist is better, not because of the second part of chapter 27 (I don't give that any weight at all; it's luck-based either way, so you're best off skipping it.), but because of supports, and mobility and durability after promotion. And magic swords.

Edited by Reikken

For Nasir?

Nah.

Ena isn't entirely awful, you can beat BK without Mist, and Ashnard doesn't need more than Ike and Tibarn/Giffca to be beaten.

There are better reasons to use Mist.

I do.

Mist is better, not because of the second part of chapter 27 (I don't give that any weight at all; it's luck-based either way, so you're best off skipping it.), but because of supports, and mobility and durability after promotion. And magic swords.

Since they are primarily healers with generally crap for offense, durability isn't going to be playing a huge role. Mist has some nice supports.

After promotion is my big thing. Rhys comes about 6 chapters earlier. He's much better the first chapter you have Mist simply because she needs to get a staff level up before she can use Mend and Rhys is healing so much more. Then Rhys is cheaper for the next few maps, depending on when Rhys promotes. After Rhys promotes and until Mist does, he's clearly superior. Although Physic gives Rhys some nice Range - Not better than Mist with a Psychic, but generally equal range, maybe a square less. That's about a chapter or two there per physic.

Rhys is better half the chapters you have Mist. Mist is better the other half. Rhys is around longer. His point. Yay for lazy debating.

Magic Swords give her better offensive, though it's limited and not exactly incredible. And it's not entirely plausible without those Arms scrolls. Her supports come in big here, though. If she has an edge, it's here.

Edited by bunny

That's not exactly how it works, I'd imagine.

Like it or not, if no one never said a word of stats about a character on the subforum of the game, there wouldn't be as much traffic for any of these games.

No, the topic doesn't need to be bogged down with the discussion, but it also doesn't need to be bogged down with the discussion of where the discussion should take place either.

If the topic were to appear there, I'd certainly take the argument to the topic. But otherwise, I wouldn't worry about where it takes place.

I said Soren was an asshole because he is. Gameplay wise he likes to deal damage. Lots.

Also, this Oscar isn't hax. But he works well.

AND GENIS. WHY WOULD I BOTHER PUTTING MISTS STATS IF SHE WASNT on the team

Oh yeah, give her some bexp. Healers make pretty nice use of it. More levels doesn't make them gain exp any slower, and Mist gains a lot on promotion. And she's currently a really low level..

and... wtf? Why is your Rhys 10 levels higher?