Most annoying gimmick?

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I know I'm going off topic here, but you won't like playing Genealogy.

Haha, that's funny, I think you mentioned that to me during my interview too when I was complaining about the maps in Echoes.  (I was saying that I hate big empty spaces between my team and the enemy cause spending several turns getting to them is a pain in the butt.)

I'm still gonna try Genealogy eventually since I want to complete all the games in the series except FE 1-3.  With your warning, I'll be mentally prepared for a bit of boredom!  :P:  I have yet to play a Fire Emblem game that I actually dislike as a whole, so hopefully that doesn't change!  Fingers crossed.

On 3/15/2018 at 1:50 PM, Infinite Dreams said:

Haha, that's funny, I think you mentioned that to me during my interview too when I was complaining about the maps in Echoes.  (I was saying that I hate big empty spaces between my team and the enemy cause spending several turns getting to them is a pain in the butt.)

I'm still gonna try Genealogy eventually since I want to complete all the games in the series except FE 1-3.  With your warning, I'll be mentally prepared for a bit of boredom!  :P:  I have yet to play a Fire Emblem game that I actually dislike as a whole, so hopefully that doesn't change!  Fingers crossed.

That's one issue. Another is that Genealogy has a worse Enemy Phase problem than Radiant Dawn ever did. As in, slow Enemy Phases are a regular occurrence, not helped by every separate army getting a turn. I'd say something isn't right when I could leave and make a sandwich, eat it, and maybe make and eat a second one before Enemy Phase is up...and all this is ignoring the item system and money system being an absolute train wreck, as well as the godawful balance.

Going with chapter 24 in Fates:Revelations

It does an absolutely terrible job of explaining what the heck your supposed to even do. And sometimes the gimick doesn't seem to even work properly. Its is purely a trial and error type map in the worst way possible.

Second place goes to every other chapter in Revelations beyond chapter 17. Seriously, most of the valla maps suck really badly as a whole...

Dragon Veins were a mistake. Never ever ever bring them back. Please.
All they did was restricting who you could bring to any given map that had them in it. Which is probably what the devs wanted, anyway.
"Strategy is everything" my ass.

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Dragon Veins were a mistake. Never ever ever bring them back. Please.
All they did was restricting who you could bring to any given map that had them in it. Which is probably what the devs wanted, anyway.
"Strategy is everything" my ass.

TBF, the Royals (Especially Camilla, Xander, and Ryoma), are some of the best characters in the game anyway.

18 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Purchasing three different versions of Fates. ;/

In-game?  Deserts.  Everything slows to a crawl for no good reason.

I’m playing awakening. I hate how I’m trying to train my footlocked units, but my flying units are far more useful in those maps.

Dragon Veins: with an exception here and there most of them were pretty annoying (they are also probably the reason I never finished Revelation)

Biorythm: while being a more realistic  feature I would rather have my units in a permanent decent condition than up & downs in a difficult situation

Pair Up: Fates had a nice improvement in this regard, still I don't see the need for such a mechanic (it felt more like highlighter for the games shipping aspects)

Edited by fOrEiGn sOUl

3 hours ago, fOrEiGn sOUl said:

Pair Up: Fates had a nice improvement in this regard, still I don't see the need for such a mechanic (it felt more like highlighter for the games shipping aspects)

Speaking of that, while I didn't mind pair-up itself, that it 100% replaced rescuing was a complete pain. Instead of being able to rescue Severa in her sidequest to keep her from suiciding, you had to rush over to and then ahead of her to kill all the enemies so she didn't have anyone to kill herself on. Like that was worse than Nino and Jafar on HHM BBD. Not actually harder to do, but it felt like just a slap in the face comparatively. At least with them, they were in danger until you got to them. But once you did, you could move them to safety.