Who's your favorite FE Antagonist?

Guest Dreamyboi

On 21-3-2018 at 7:45 AM, DragonFlames said:

I'll be honest: I have never even heard of Luminous Arc until now.
As to why I consider Stella Glow so special, well... it was a game I bought on a whim because the premise looked interesting to me. It's basically a world that has discovered how to turn emotion into power in the form of music, though that power was lost and only a select few female individuals called "Witches" can still use it.
What I got was an incredibly complex story with even more complex characters the likes of which I have personally never seen before, incredible music, like REALLY incredible music, and stellar (ha!) gameplay, even if it can be a little slow at times. The fanservice is definitely there, but it doesn't exactly bother me that much, though I really can't tell you why exactly that is. I guess I have seen worse and they even throw a lampshade over it more than once, which I can respect (one scene in particular is especially funny and heartwarming at the same time).

What sets it apart from Fire Emblem is the fact that every single playable character is at least somewhat important to the story. The focus is mostly on the Witches, yes, but every character gets their own moments and development.
In between missions and battles, there is also a "Free Time" mechanic that allows you to bond with your teammates (this will give you more insight into their personalities and struggles, as well as earn them new skills to work with during battles), work for the shops in town to get more money or go out and find items. It's a bit like Persona or Trails of Cold Steel in that time isn't infinite and you have to spend your time slots wisely before the next mission starts. 
And best of all: There are multiple endings depending on who you maxed your affection with (male characters included). If you maxed out multiple people, you even get to pick which ending you want to see after the credits. 

In short: It's everything I want in a game of its type.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I would like to add that personally I found stella glow to be one of my favorite 3ds games, I wouldn't say that it is incredible as an SRPG (too much RPG not enough S IMO, I was never a big fan of the FF Tactics style), but it does everything else quite well, it also has a pretty solid cast of characters, and a really enjoyable story (I don't think it would be literarily considered good but it was very enjoyable).

I would recommend it, easily surpases awakening in every regard.

Some Stella Glow support! Always glad to see some support for that underrated game. It's one of my favorite 3ds games (Radiant Historia being my favorite one) and I really wish it had gotten some more attention.

On 21-3-2018 at 10:34 PM, Lewyn said:

Though...we are way off the thread aren't we?  What about the Gharnef/Jedah type antagonists?  Perhaps represented religious zealots who are completely consumed by its practices and disregard pretty much everything else?

Eh, honestly not really a big fan of those except for maybe Manfroy because he actually accomplishes a lot. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Jedah I wish we knew more how he came to be, and also the relationship with his daughters.  I do agree that they sometimes just go generic pure evil dude instead of exploring these individuals more.  Manfroy we get to hear more about how his people were forced to reside in the outskirts of civilization in barren hot deserts, and how they were persecuted and hated.  

Guest Dreamyboi
3 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

With Jedah I wish we knew more how he came to be, and also the relationship with his daughters.  I do agree that they sometimes just go generic pure evil dude instead of exploring these individuals more.  Manfroy we get to hear more about how his people were forced to reside in the outskirts of civilization in barren hot deserts, and how they were persecuted and hated.  

From what I hear he really is the best of the Gharnef archetype, makes me hyped to play FE4 even with it's flaws. (That could be fixed in a remake but totally wont because IntSys halfasses their attempts at modernization)

10 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

From what I hear he really is the best of the Gharnef archetype, makes me hyped to play FE4 even with it's flaws. (That could be fixed in a remake but totally wont because IntSys halfasses their attempts at modernization)

Even if a remake comes it won't be for a long while.  First we have the new fire emblem Switch coming out, which is their hugest release since Path of Radiance.  A return to consoles and likely something that will have a much bigger budget than the past few releases.  Then the echoes creator said he wanted to do Binding blade next, so I don't know when FE4 remake comes, and all that depends on strong sales.  

There is a great modern english patch for FE4, you could try it out now, and see how you like it.  We all have opinions, but we all have different tastes too.  Try it out.  

56 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Even if a remake comes it won't be for a long while.  First we have the new fire emblem Switch coming out, which is their hugest release since Path of Radiance.  A return to consoles and likely something that will have a much bigger budget than the past few releases.  Then the echoes creator said he wanted to do Binding blade next, so I don't know when FE4 remake comes, and all that depends on strong sales.  

There is a great modern english patch for FE4, you could try it out now, and see how you like it.  We all have opinions, but we all have different tastes too.  Try it out.  

Just because the Echoes director said he'd like to work on Binding Blade, doesn't mean it'll be the next one IS decides to make. And I'm not sure what categories your using to define "hugest release". I reckon Awakening beats Path of Radiance on each count though.

Edited by Jotari

7 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Just because the Echoes director said he'd like to work on Binding Blade, doesn't mean it'll be the next one IS decides to make. And I'm not sure what categories your using to define "hugest release". I reckon Awakening beats Path of Radiance on each count though.

Awakening was important, it was going to be the last hurrah for the series, but it did really well and revived the series.  However after a few portable entries they are making their return to consoles.  Being a switch game, this next fire emblem will have a much much larger budget, and thus pose a much bigger risk.  While at the same time allowing the creators to do more.  

If it fails badly, then Fire emblem will likely go back to 3ds.