Awakening DLC Japanese + English Site Info [Topic Split]

nocturnal YL

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, smfthegeek said:

Is the dlc live? Im currently away from my switch. But ive been waiting all month for it and im literally shaking with excitement for it.

Nope. It launches on the 28th for the US, 29th for Europe/Japan

27 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

Nope. It launches on the 28th for the US, 29th for Europe/Japan

Then where are people getting screenshots from support conversations?

So am I the only genuinely hyped for Olivia’s sword moveset? Will it be completely unique or will it be something similar to lindes where it works the same just some altered specials and if so who would be her base character. I know shes said to be the unique one but im curious to see who her base character is.

3 minutes ago, smfthegeek said:

So am I the only genuinely hyped for Olivia’s sword moveset? Will it be completely unique or will it be something similar to lindes where it works the same just some altered specials and if so who would be her base character. I know shes said to be the unique one but im curious to see who her base character is.

Linde plays nothing like Robin or Leo/Elise other than the standard mage thing of needing to pop a bar to access yellow gauges everything else about her is different.

Olivia, likewise, almost certainly has nothing in common with other sword users. It's assuemd she has Azura's special bar gimmick.

11 minutes ago, r_n said:

Linde plays nothing like Robin or Leo/Elise other than the standard mage thing of needing to pop a bar to access yellow gauges everything else about her is different.

Olivia, likewise, almost certainly has nothing in common with other sword users. It's assuemd she has Azura's special bar gimmick.

Do you think Tharja will feature unique specials? (sorry it's a stupid question its just the atrocity that is are the archers in this game scare me into thinking Tharja will be EXACTLY like Robin and Tharja and light spells don't go together)

1 minute ago, smfthegeek said:

Do you think Tharja will feature unique specials? (sorry it's a stupid question its just the atrocity that is are the archers in this game scare me into thinking Tharja will be EXACTLY like Robin and Tharja and light spells don't go together)

The only unique things about Tharja will be her Warrior, Dual Warrior and Awakening attacks. Everything else will be Robin's. Likewise with Owain & Ryoma's moveset, and just like how Niles (all the bows), Minverva (Camilla) and Navarre (Lyn) are.

3 minutes ago, smfthegeek said:

Tharja and light spells don't go together

Tharja could use Book of Naga in Awakening though. Dark Mages in Awakening are the most versatile in terms of which tomes they could use.

Anyway, yes, Tharja will be a clone of Robin, and will just have different specials.

25 minutes ago, smfthegeek said:

From what I hear, she just shares strong attacks with Robin. While her specials are unique, that's only thing all characters, who share strong attacks have, their own specials.
Also yes, like MrPerson0 said, Mages/Dark Mages/Sorcerers could use light magic, because they could use almost every tome in the game.

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

1 minute ago, MrPerson0 said:

Tharja could use Book of Naga in Awakening though. Dark Mages in Awakening are the most versatile in terms of which tomes they could use.

Anyway, yes, Tharja will be a clone of Robin, and will just have different specials.

eh ok. Tharja using Robin's Y5 will make me laugh though :P:

*Sigh* Had to figure Famitsu was just screwing the pooch on that date.

This DLC is coming out on my birthday, which... honestly isn't as ideal as that might sound.

Also, I feel like the only person who isn't bothered by the presence Fates has in this game.  Or at least, not as much as some are.  If anything, I'm more bothered by the fact that Validar seems to always be the main villain of History Maps for no apparent reason.  Granted, the Awakening DLC is the one place where that's most appropriate, but still...  In Tharja's map, you fight some rando armor knight, not someone as important or magey as Validation sorcerer boi.

Also...

Spoiler

A morbid side of me hopes Tharja's map is the place where you get Lissa's costume.

2 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

It's still funny to me how the light spell they use, Rexaura, isn't even in their game. If they didnt want to use Naga, feels like they could have doubled up on an element or used one of Fates' spells (since Elise & Leo use Goetia). Fimbulventr would have been fun, for example.

Tbh from the beginning, I was most excited about Tharja however, after seeing Tharja's specials and beautiful personality ;) being the only things separating her from the pack... I'm getting a lot more hype for Olivia.

18 minutes ago, r_n said:

I'd be more excited for Olivia if she wasn't another sword. I'd much rather have a fourth lance, axe or tome set. 

Lyn is the only sword I use. To me it's all about how they use it. I hope Olivia's swordplay is very graceful. All the other sword users (besides Lyn and Navarre) felt a bit clonky to me... p.s can anyone get me a link to where the dlc screenshots are coming from?

Edited by smfthegeek
made a mistake on whos swordplay i was describing

So, just out of curiosity, is Frederick's prf weapon still Armored Axe in English? I think "Frederick's Axe" would just be boring compared to that and what else is there for prf names. xP

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So, just out of curiosity, is Frederick's prf weapon still Armored Axe in English? I think "Frederick's Axe" would just be boring compared to that and what else is there for prf names. xP

We won't know until the DLC is released.
The only English names we know are Olivia's and Tharja's prf weapons.

1 minute ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

We won't know until the DLC is released.
The only English names we know are Olivia's and Tharja's prf weapons.

Oh, okay then. xP

8 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Of course, they would leave out her child abusive personality to make her seem more appealing I guess.

I prefer the more optimistic view that "our" Tharja learned from her future mistakes and won't repeat the same abusive tendencies at the end of Noire's supports. Noire also sticks around the family if you don't marry her off, which might help.

Not that Tharja doesn't still have problems, mind. But, uh, I don't ever see them bringing that aspect up in the same way none of the fates parents get taken to task for.

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

I prefer the more optimistic view that "our" Tharja learned from her future mistakes and won't repeat the same abusive tendencies at the end of Noire's supports. Noire also sticks around the family if you don't marry her off, which might help.

Not that Tharja doesn't still have problems, mind. But, uh, I don't ever see them bringing that aspect up in the same way none of the fates parents get taken to task for.

Eh, I think she still does it in the father/Noire supports. Of course, timing of supports will always be unknown. Just rubs me the wrong way that the game treated her issues as minor quirks.

9 hours ago, VincentASM said:

FE_Warriors_DLC3_08.jpg

I'm happy to see Azura and Olivia having a support conversation. I was hoping those two would talk to each other and to see Azura talk to someone else besides Lords plus Ryoma/Xander.

Speaking of new supports I'm hoping to see Chrom and Owain with one to parallel Lucina's and Lissa's support. Owain and Tiki could be fun to see as well as I could see it being similar to his support conversations with Cynthia back in Awakening. Olivia and Anna could be amusing too if only to hear Karen Strassman talk to herself and to continue the tradition of each DLC pack having a voice actor talk to themselves.