Most Lucky (and Unlucky) Banner?

Rex Glacies

What banner (or banners) have you had the most luck on? And the worst luck? This could be anything from getting - or failing to get - the most 5*s, to what you got on a free pull, to simply 3 and 4*s that you did (or didn't) want.

Best banner for me would be the Fallen Heroes one, where I got Evil Celica, Sheena, Deirdre, and Grima all while just trying to get Grima. The third 8% was also kind, as I got Axura as well as three Lancinas. I mean, it's not that I wanted three of her, but hey! I have some Aether fodder now.

Worst would be one of the Dragon Gauntlet banners, where I got to about a 4.5% pity rate and not a single Ninian, let alone 5*. Or the first 8%, where I got to an 11.5% rate when I got Celica, the only red unit I didn't really want.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucky: The legendary banner with BRoy. Got a good amount of BRoys out of that one and my long awaited Sigurd.

Unlucky: The Sigurd/Tailtiu/Deirdre/Ayra banner. I spent a decent amount of orbs and got no one from the banner. Also managed to get a 12% pity rate on the last legendary banner without being able to break it on the last legendary banner.

Edited by Hekselka

Worst luck I've had was on the christmas themed banner. I scrounged up 221 orbs to spend on it, and got none of the four focus units despite pulling for their colors equally. It also stung because the TT including these units was announced a few weeks into it, making me even more frantic to just earn one of these guys. For 221 orbs, I got three pity breaking 5 stars, which statistically isn't that terrible. The pity breakers included a +Res/-Spd Ike, one of just two natures worse than my current +Res/-Def Ike. Even more tragic was the Heavy Draw seal coming out in that TT making the spare Ike that much more redundant as fodder. Second was a +Spd/-HP Deirdre which is great but I still haven't felt a need to level her up. And a +Res/-Spd Gray, which is the best of the batch since I'd been wanting sword valor.

My best statistical luck I've had on a single pull was this one. Four 5 stars, unreal. Though three of them are still just taking up space in my barracks. I'd trade the spare corrin and both xanders for just one summer elise. The banner I think made me the most happy was Hero Fest #2. I didn't have a ton of orbs to spend, but I got Ike on my first batch, and Ninian about 50 orbs later. Probably my two most wanted units at the time.

Edited by Glennstavos

My luckiest was the CYL banner. I managed to get 2 Roys, and extra Lyn, and Ike. Lucina is still eluding me, if it weren't for Masked Marth I'd have no variant of her at all. Honorable mention to the recent miracle banner since I got a Doot on my free summon.

My least lucky is Gunnthra's legendary banner. I spent way too many orbs on her, but I reached a point where I was in too deep and didn't want to waste my rate. I got her, by golly, but it wasn't really worth it. Honorable mention to Sacred Memories. It was a similar scenario where I spent a boatload of orbs before finally getting who I wanted (take a wild guess). I got her, though, which made it worth it because no amount of orbs would have been too many.

Best luck? Definitely the RD banner. I got two Micaiah and two Zelgius off of it. No Sothe but that's okay. I also managed to pull Ayra off that banner. How? Don't know.

Most other banners I have the weirdest luck on. I'll pull on it and not get any focus characters. Then a new banner will come, I'll get a focus from the OTHER banner, and rinse and repeat.

Worst luck? Definitely Gunnthra's banner. Basically all 3* and still no Gunnthra.

The first banner that Ike was on, I got literally 3 of him. It was awesome. Also the Love Abound banner I was pretty lucky and got two Hectors.

Performing Arts on the other hand... Ugh. I wanted Olivia so bad. Didn't get her until she popped up again in a Legendary banner.

Most luck: Nohrian Summer, easily.  3 SLeo, 2 SuXander, a SCorrin, a SElise, and an Ike, who was admittedly useful for FE9 tempest despite my well known opinion of him.  

Least: Love Abounds.  I'm still a bit salty about this, a month's worth of sniping colorless, no VRoy, who was one of my most wanted units since launch.  I got 5 off banners 5*, two of which were 4-5* I already had at 5* with worse natures than the old copies (Reinhardt and Rebecca), two were just 4*-5* in general (Camilla and Jeorge), and one was Rhajat.

Luckiest: Want to say either Love Abounds or Branded King. Got everyone except Lyn on the former and with the latter got both Morgans within 30 Orbs, a +Atk Grima, and my first Sanaki, whom I really wanted, and she has perfect IVs!

Unluckiest: In terms of "dumping a ton of orbs and coming up with nothing," I guess that would be both Spring banners, this year and last year. I have yet to get a single focus unit on either of them, and with the legendary banner coming soon and Thracia, etc. coming later on, I'm not sure how much focus I'll give the current one. So far on the Hares banner, I've gotten 5-star Camilla and Nowi, both of which I already have. Though on the bright side, Camilla is +Atk and Nowi can be a merge!

Luckiest was the first Hero Fest banner. Managed to pull all four units.

Unluckiest was the Christmas banner, both Summer banners, and the Bride banner.

Luckiest I'd say wear a lot of the normal banners where I got many of the units on my free pull or just a few orbs in. Also the New Years banner, where I snagged Nyakumi and Airzura within 40 orbs of each other after having build up 200 orbs for them.

Unluckiest where the last two Legendary banners where I got up to 12% on the pity scale. At least I managed to break the rate on the Feburary one.. and even then the Shinonome had lackluster IVs. Makes me worried about the LG banner tomorrow... Also, I wouldn't call it unlucky, since I got 3 of the focus units, but the Halloween banner was a bad place for me. All I wanted was a Sakunyan, and yet I got everyone except her.

Best was probably Sacred Memories where I got Sonya and Myrrh in the same pull, La'rachel, Luke, and then a Catria and Mae same pull. Though the VERY first banner with Marth was also something. The first week I got 5 Marths in a row with nothing else. He's +5 now and one of my MVPs.

Worst was Christmas. Got no 5*s from it. I'd argue Love Abounds too but I did get two 5*s, just with terrible natures.

Edit: Also, I got three 5* free summons in a row before. Takumi on the counter banner, Deirdre on the Chrom/Lissa, and Eirika on refine. Then 4* BOEY came and ruined it on Spring banner.

Edited by KongDude

Luckiest was the "Performance art" banner, unluckiest was the "World of dawn" and the "World of Radiance" banners. Favourite characters are the hardest to get apparently.

I've only been running my F2P account for a couple of months now, so I don't have a whole lot to go on.  My luckiest banner so far is the Love Abounds banner: scored me an LA!Lyn at the start and an LA!Roy at the end.  Truly a joyous occasion, that banner, and I've enjoyed nuking people with presents and training up my archers since.

My worst lucky banner so far is the Easter banner.  180 orbs spent and I've got two Alfonses to show for it.  I fear I haven't seen the last of him. lol

Best luck for me was the recent Branded King banner, where I managed to get 2 MMorgans, 2 FMorgans and 2 Chroms on a decently small amount of orbs.

Worst luck goes to Legendary Summon ft. Ike. This is the one where I didn't snipe, and I spent a solid ~120 orbs before getting... Summer Frederick. He actually came at the 84 orb mark, but I spent another 40ish trying to get myself SRobin merges to no avail. Note to self, never not snipe on a legendary banner ever again.

Edited by Emerson

Sacred memories and Love Abounds were my best banners

First one gave me all 3 focus units and Bike within 80 orbs. Second was pretty ridiculous with yolo rolls. Got 2 LA!Hectors, LA!Lyn and LA!Lilina, as well as my second Delthea, and iirc, all on yolo rolls. 

Worst was probably the first Sacred stones banner where I was forced to leave with a 4.25% rate and not a single 5*

Best Luck: Three way tie between the Performers Banner, the 2nd Legendary Banner and the 2nd Spring Banner:

1) I got 3 of 4 of the focuses on the Performers banner, plus 3 off focuses.
2) During the 2nd Legendary banner, I pulled Five 5 Stars in one session off an 8.5 pity rate, among others during the span of its existence.
3) This second Spring banner has been unusually kind. In only 5 days I've already pulled Five 5 Stars: Oscar, Jakob, Hardin, Sharena and Alfonse (although his IVs are garbage).
Edit: Forgot the CYL Banner. I got Brave Lyn on my free first pull, Roy shortly afterward and Lancina on the last day from a yolo summon.

Worst Luck: The 4th Legendary Banner. The worst of it was after reaching a whooping 15% pity rate, I was pity broken by a single Performing Olivia with the exact same IVs of the one I've already had for a while. No Summer Gaius, Summer Leo or Shiro. After about 500 orbs, I only got a total of 9 5 Stars, with only 3 of them being new units.

Edited by Kurrin

Best luck on a banner: Tempest Trial banner for the last Tempest Trial.

I got the only character from the banner on my free summon (Cherche).

Worst Luck: Countering Skills Banner, LA Banner:

Both Sucked me dry of Orbs and I didn't get any focus Heroes. Usually I manage to pull 1-2 focuses off a seasonal banner if I really make an effort.

My luckiest banner has got to be the first legendary banner funny enough. I was able to pull Ayra, Bridal Cordelia, Bridal Ceada, and I think a 5 star merric.  Another one I had pretty good luck on was the christmas banner was able to get all but lissa. Now worst luck has got to be every single banner before the holloween one. Before that I was lucky to get 2 4 stars on those sessions and I was barely able to get S!tiki and S!Elise but that's after I ended up paying like $75. Literally the only five stars I had were Summer Tiki, Summer Elise, Linde, and like three Karels. Though after the holloween banner I was able to pull at least one or two focus from each banner.

My luckiest banner has been the last Hero Fest. I got 5 Brave Ikes, an Amelia and a Shiro in aprox 300 orbs. Since I tend to save orbs for making big summons instead of pulling in every banner, I tend to skip banners, so maybe the worst one was back in the days of nohrian summer banner. I wanted Xander or Corrin and I got nothing :(

Unluckiest: Gunnthrá's Legendary banner. I got up to like 12% and due to it's short duration it was gone with me losing like 200 orbs for absolutely nothing. It was that banner that made me hate Legendary banners with a passion.

Luckiest: Can't remember well, I got super lucky on the New Years banner with 3 Airzuras in like 80 orbs or so but there's also the Branded King banner where I got F!Morgan and 2 Chroms or the Sacred Memories one where I got 2 Eirikalters and Ayra. 

Best Luck: The first Heroes fest I got all the focus units (Ryoma, Takumi, Hector and x2 Azuras) within 100 orbs. War of the Clerics was pretty generous as well since it gave me two Elises within 30 orbs. The second Valentia TT banner also gave me plenty of Celicas, Deltheas and Sonyas.

Worst Luck: Spent way too many orbs on Performing Arts banner and Legendary Ike banner to end up with no PA Azura who was the only unit I wanted on those banners. CYL banner also left me with none of the focus units. Fallen Heroes banner gave me a Karel instead of M!Grima.

Lucky Banner: Any banner with a Flyer, excluding the Ny!Banner

UnLucky Banner: The LA!Banner. Two pity breakers after hitting both 4.75% and 3.75%, both with odd or bad natures. And not even a single focus unit pulled