Obscure Favorites?

Fox

What are some of your favorite obscure games?

A personal favorite of mine was Quest for Glory 5: Dragon Fire, a dated WRPG with Adventure elements mixed in. the game made a lot of nerdy sci-fi references, which I appreciated as a little kid.

Glover for the Nintendo 64 is another one. To this day, I have never played a game as trippy as that one. When you have a farting bird on a swing, I think you've reached your peak in terms of fucked-up-edness.

Others include Gundam Battle Universe, Bomberman: The Second Attack and Medievil Resurrection.

Well then, let's see some of yours.

Edited by Fox

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaster Master on the Nintendo Entertainment System. It was one of my first games, along with some Mario games, Tetris, and The Legend of Zelda, Spy Hunter, and a few other titles. I got hooked on all of them, but Blaster Master by far was my favorite game at the time. I just wish that it didn't stop working (the game and the system). ;_;

On which note, I REALLY hope they decide to release it on the Virtual Console. I have 500 points on standby just for the sake of getting Blaster Master. >>

Edited by The Blind Archer

I wasn't sure.

But yeah, that's also a favourite of mine. Megaman Legends and its sequel were great! And the spinoff, Misadventures of Tron Bonne is awesome as well.

I also love this Atlus SRPG called Brigandine...it's kinda similar to FE. I can't really explain, you have to play for yourself. :x

Finally! Another Baten Kaitos fan.

oh my! you've played it too?

XD

its one of my favoritest RPGs out there, maybe my favorite.

i've been trying to find Eternal Wings for a while now, but its hard to track down. i think i'm going to end up buying it online....

Arc the Lad and Lunar come to mind. There's also NetHack, although I'm not entirely sure that qualifies as obscure.

How could I have forgotten to mention Kartia and Vandal Hearts? I must have lost my mind for a moment.

Edited by Musashi

oh my! you've played it too?

XD

its one of my favoritest RPGs out there, maybe my favorite.

i've been trying to find Eternal Wings for a while now, but its hard to track down. i think i'm going to end up buying it online....

I've got both of 'em, and I'll be damned if I ever stop liking either of 'em. Better than Tales, in my opinion.

Snatcher

It's more of an interactive movie than a game (which shouldn't be suprising since it was directed by Hideo Kojima) but the story makes much more sense and is better written than most of Kojima's other games and features the best and most in-character voice acting I've ever heard in a video game ... in a game from 1994.

Big Nose Freaks Out is a pretty fun and solid NES platformer and something I've been playing much in my childhood.

Edited by Ike-Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Terranigma

Tear Ring Saga

Berwick Saga

Tactics Ogre

Oh, and Evolution 1 and 2 for the Dreamcast. Despite being released as one game for the Gamecube, I still doubt many people even know about it.

Edited by Wayward Knight