Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Dragoncat

Just now, Benice said:

Then I must make both of them into awful units! Warrior Lysithea, Assassin Marianne!

If you enjoy punishment, then go ahead.

Just now, Benice said:

Don't they have, like, 1-7 range in this game? (And I think Hunter's Volley too.)

Their range is better, sure. But overall they're still weaker compared to mounted units, fliers, and especially sword users like Felix. Heck, even armor knights are better than archers.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Byleth is god, aren't they?

As every avatar character is, although in Byleth's case that's true in more ways than one.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why do I get the feeling that I'll ruin three houses by making everybody bad on purpose?

Because it is your destiny to make FE as punishing an experience as possible, Benice-kun.

Why do I like to try solo runs of FE games?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

Because you haven't yet had your soul broken by having Amelia be -5 in speed, -3 in defense and -3 in strength during a trainee solo.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Heck, even armor knights are better than archers.

Bruh moment.

If you enjoy punishment, then go ahead.

Yiss yiss!

Why are switches so hard to purchase?

Perhaps. If you play hard/classic, I really think you'll enjoy it, even if the maps aren't quite as good as Radiant Dawn. Moving up to that difficulty has made me enjoy it even more, personally.

Will you S-support Bernadetta?

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

I really think you'll enjoy it, even if the maps aren't quite as good as Radiant Dawn.

We shall see. RD had some really high points, but also a few lows IMO. Really loved it nevertheless!

Why am I so obsessed with good map design?

Because you apparently prioritize gameplay above all else. 3H's maps are good, not the absolute best, but better than most FE maps, imo.

If you liked the life-sim aspects of Rune Factory 4 (how's that going, btw?), then you'll like the monastery of 3H I think. You build relationships with your students and have quests you can complete, not all that different from RF4 in my mind.

Why do I have a headache?

Because your head hurts.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

If you liked the life-sim aspects of Rune Factory 4, then you'll like the monastery of 3H I think. You build relationships with your students and have quests you can complete, not all that different from RF4 in my mind.

Maybe-For me, FE has been more about the battles than the preps, whereas RF4 is more about chilling and moving slowly, so we'll see how I adjust!

how's that going, btw?

Good. Haven't played for about a week because I need to finish FE9 first, but am looking forwards to returning to it once I'm done.

Why do I sometimes enjoy bad games more than good games? (Brave: A warrior's tale being a prime example. Hoo boy, does that one have some big problems, but I never stop laughing when I play it because of all the glitches.)

Because that's just how it is sometimes. (Heck, my own book's been sitting at 250 pages for almost a year now...) And my charismatic demeanour will distract you throughout all endeavours in life.

Why are edgy swordlords always the best units?

Because being edgy gives their swords the sharpest edges.

Why do I like writing so much despite never having ideas... ever?

55 minutes ago, Benice said:

Worst units in Three houses? (I need a list so I can use 'em all! Unless Felix counts, I refuse to use edgy swordlords.)

Caspar and Dedue typically make the bottom of tier lists. I think Manuela is the worst tho. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

52 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ashe, maybe? Archers are better, but still are the weakest class.

Flayn as well. As a healer she's sorely lacking where characters like Marianne and Mercedes excel. And reclassing into a Peg Knight when she joins makes her so weak you'll never do any meaningful damage with her.

Archers are the weakest class?? I would make the argument that bow knights (the bow master class) are the most broken class in the game, except for maybe wyvern lords maybe. At default they have four range AND canto (which works like how it does in tellius). I can’t blame you for thinking that since Ashe is the worst archer in three houses, but the moment he touches that sniper promotion he becomes a god. And Claude and Bernadetta will solo entire maps as bow knights (or Claude’s exclusive class). Leonie is also god tier, although some people prefer to make her a paladin. So yeah, super fast and a MINIMUM range of 2-4 spaces, plus tellius canto and doubling everything. Broken.

22 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Archers are the weakest class?? I would make the argument that bow knights (the bow master class) are the most broken class in the game, except for maybe wyvern lords maybe. At default they have four range AND canto (which works like how it does in tellius). I can’t blame you for thinking that since Ashe is the worst archer in three houses, but the moment he touches that sniper promotion he becomes a god. And Claude and Bernadetta will solo entire maps as bow knights (or Claude’s exclusive class). Leonie is also god tier, although some people prefer to make her a paladin. So yeah, super fast and a MINIMUM range of 2-4 spaces, plus tellius canto and doubling everything. Broken.

Eh, fair. I've never recruited Bernie and I've never played Verdant Wind, so my only archer experience is with Ashe. He's always been good, but never anything spectacular.

----------------

Because writing is fun. You like fun. Fun is good.

Why have I not played Verdant Wind yet?

Because his undying love for Edelgard propels him to preform higher and higher.

Is Edelgard x Dimitri automatically canon because it's FE, and therefore incest is a legal mandate? See, the reason I consider Berwick Saga to be a real FE is because the main lord's love interest is his sister.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

See, the reason I consider Berwick Saga to be a real FE is because the main lord's love interest is his sister.

I guess she's simply irresisterble.

---------

It's not incest. Dimitri and Edelgard are not related.

Why would Dimitri x Edelgard be an interesting pairing?

I guess she's simply irresisterble.

(I mean, to be fair, she is his adopted sister, and they'd only known each other, for roughly two years before the game starts, so when they're about...15? Still, SMH, Reese! Lay off of Lynette!)

Because they were childhood sweethearts and siblings. (Unless I'm missing something, which I probably am.)

Why is Eliwood the best "traditional" lord in the series?

Edited by Benice

(I mean, to be fair, she is his adopted sister, and they'd only known each other, for roughly two years before the game starts, so when they're about...15? Still, SMH, Reese! Lay off of Lynette!)

Oh, so no blood relation then. That's very similar to Estelle x Joshua in Trails then. I have no problem with it myself.

Because they were childhood sweethearts and siblings. (Unless I'm missing something, which I probably am.)

Not siblings. Friends, yes.

Why is Ashe x Petra so popular?

Because sweetheart x sweetheart = double the sweetness.

Why can’t I have an Oreo milkshake right now?

23 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eh, fair. I've never recruited Bernie and I've never played Verdant Wind, so my only archer experience is with Ashe. He's always been good, but never anything spectacular.

Really? Did you ever use him as a bow knight?

Not siblings. Friends, yes.

*stepsiblings, according to the pitfall wiki.

Because Ashe is best boy student. Alois and Hanneman are best boys overall.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Because you do not have the means to create or purchase one.

Why can't I forget Webber?

Edited by Benice

Because they’re in your sleep paralysis.

Why am I playing three houses right now?

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

*stepsiblings, according to the pitfall wiki.

Step siblings who didn’t know they were step siblings, never had a sibling relatioship, and never interacted with their shared parent together.

Edited by Sooks1016

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Step siblings who didn’t know they were step siblings, never had a sibling relatioship, and never interacted with their shared parent together.

Ah, but it's FE, so they're stepsiblings so we can have incest.

Because you are likely utilizing your Nintendo Switch to run it.

Why does FE love its incest?

Because it's a great game.

Why am I still unsure of who to S-support?

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Really? Did you ever use him as a bow knight?

I don't think so, but it has been a while since my original playthrough so...