Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

Dragoncat

Because you could!

25 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Is Awakening worthy playing? Twilit’s description of the map design made it seem kind of boring but it’s still fe gameplay so idk

I see Awakening - fun maps though it has, I think it's very enjoyable - as a "fool around and have fun with it" kind of game (which I do enjoy) rather than a "sit down and focus, else you get wrecked" kind of game. The options for building units the way you want them to are downright crazy, especially the child characters, and it's very fun to experiment with all the different options. I think Awakening's biggest strength to me, however, lies with its cast of likeable characters. I think most of them are very enjoyable, and some of the more lighthearted supports are very funny, too.

Also, if you don't grind, the game can still be very challenging, especially on your first playthrough. I got to the final chapter with six (yes, six) units remaining, and only three of those could actually fight anything. And I was playing on Normal mode. XD

Though it is true, games like Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Three Houses have overall stronger map design than Awakening does. That doesn't exactly make the game boring, though.

Why did I give such a long-winded answer to a question that was already answered?

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragoncat

• null

• Sooks

• DragonFlames

Because you must be answering questions very differently then how you answer them on here.

Why is Thai tea so delicious?

11 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Why did I answer a question that was intended for someone else?

If you mean the Awakening question I honestly don’t see how that would be meant for any one person, I just wanted to know if Awakening would be fun

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Why do I often fail to answer questions in a helpful way?

Because you don't give yourself enough credit.
Personally, I thought your answer was very helpful, I just wanted to add my own opinion on Awakening, because, even though I've rarely talked about it lately, it's still very dear to my heart as the game I bought my 3DS for, and which indirectly introduced me to other amazing titles like Bravely Default, Stella Glow, and 7th Dragon III.
And it also still stands as the game I put by far the most hours into.

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

Why is Thai tea so delicious?

Because it is.

How do I only now realize that I've had Awakening for a little over seven years now?

5 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

If you mean the Awakening question I honestly don’t see how that would be meant for any one person, I just wanted to know if Awakening would be fun

My bad then. I thought by the way you phrased it that it was intended for DragonFlames.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Because you don't give yourself enough credit.
Personally, I thought your answer was very helpful, I just wanted to add my own opinion on Awakening, because, even though I've rarely talked about it lately, it's still very dear to my heart as the game I bought my 3DS for, and which indirectly introduced me to other amazing titles like Bravely Default, Stella Glow, and 7th Dragon III.
And it also still stands as the game I put by far the most hours into.

Ah, thanks.

Yeah, Awakening (even though I've had other games for much, much longer) is my most played 3DS game at 150+ hours. It's a great time and still something I go back to every now and then.

-------

Because time flies when you're playing games.

Why am I now feeling nostalgic for Awakening?

Because you’re unknowingly preparing yourself for the barage of questions you will get when/if I play Awakening 😂

Will there be any gals in there I actually want to S support? (Glares in fates, that had tHrEe, two of which were the character’s little sisters and thus I passed)

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Because time flies when you’re making child units ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Oh my, how lewd! *dorky laugh*

4 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Why do I seem to have run out of questions to ask?

Because you're the same as me.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ah, thanks.

I know I'm really sitting in a glass house on this one - I can hear the glass shatter, even - but you gotta have confidence, my friend!

Yeah, Awakening (even though I've had other games for much, much longer) is my most played 3DS game at 150+ hours. It's a great time and still something I go back to every now and then.

*awkwardly looks at his 2,000+ hours*

I haven't played it in a while, but I have been feeling like revisiting it every now and again.
It's just other games tend to catch my attention first. XD

Why am I now feeling nostalgic for Awakening?

Because we're talking about it.
And same.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

Will there be any gals in there I actually want to S support? (Glares in fates, that had tHrEe, two of which were the character’s little sisters and thus I passed)

Yeah, you have quite a few good options there.
No sibling-crap, either.

Who was the third character in Fates you wanted to S-support other than Elise and Sakura?

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Who was the third character in Fates you wanted to S-support other than Elise and Sakura?

Double posting to quote your question, the answer to which is clear. A legendary battle hardened veteran warrior, that all enemies flee at that the sight of, tales of her mercilessness ringing out across all enemy camps. Can you hear it? Even now... her blood curdling battle cry.....

Because kyoot.

Why did they have to give the best personality to the player characters sister who looks like half their age and their romance would be unendingly creepy?

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Do you know it’s okay to not like popular FEs?

Why do I simultaneously like and dislike having a different opinion?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is the best answer to that question. XD

tbh I really want Fates to get remade at some point, 'cause if the cast weren't so horrendous and the storytelling/worldbuilding/etc. were improved, it would have been quite good.

Ninja'd again.

R.I.P.

Edited by Benice

Because you just want people to join your Kaga fan club. /s

Why did I forget that I kind of like Orochi from Fates? (Despite being a trash unit)

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

tbh I really want Fates to get remade at some point, 'cause if the cast weren't so horrendous and the storytelling/worldbuilding/etc. were improved, it would have been quite good.

This inspires my imagination, I would LOVE it if they pulled an echoes with Fates and also took out the marriage mechanic, at least with siblings, because it destroys the theme of family

This inspires my imagination, I would LOVE it if they pulled an echoes with Fates and also took out the marriage mechanic, at least with siblings, because it destroys the theme of family

Well, Fates executed very well on its theme of betrayal and blind trust.

It just didn't execute on how it presented that theme.

And no, the child mechanic should not be in Fates, and I hope that a remake would remove the Awakening trio from it. I don't mind S-supports, though.

Why did I forget that I kind of like Orochi from Fates? (Despite being a trash unit)

Because she wouldn't Orocheat on you?

Why is fighter Lysithea 2 stronk?

Edited by Benice

Because Tchaikovsky, Beethoven and Wagner want to know your location.

Why is the romantic era the high point of music?

Idk. Never heard it before.

Ah well, it's not very well-known.

Edited by Benice