Fire Emblem Anime

Wolt

Not many people know about this, but there was a Fire Emblem anime released a while ago in Japan. Although it was a good show with decent reviews, the marketing was horrible and had bad sales, and was canceled. There were only 2 episodes detailing the beginning of Marth's journey to Orleans. How many of you have actually seen this video? I have a copy in Japanese with English subtitles, and there is a video of it floating around youtube, but the timing is horribly off. For those that have seen it, whats your opinion on it?

My friend got me a copy of it (English voiceovers!!!) for my birthday last year more-so as a joke, but hey, I enjoyed it. I watched it. It was pretty good. Haven't played the first Fire Emblem game, so I uh don't know how accurate it is to the story. There seemed to be a trend where animes in the 90's would go for 2 episodes and then get dropped. Fire Emblem just happened to be part of that group. I was upset when I found out that there were no more episodes, I wanted to see where it would go.

I saw bits and piece of it. I don't get why sales were bad, it was pretty pimp. D:

Perhaps they preferred some high school romance or some ninjas or something D:. Personally as a romance fan I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it if I didn't know about FE, but I did and watched it and it was pretty cool. I would have liked to see it continue too.

Well it was never a TV show from what I hear. They just released video tapes that had bad promotion. Seems logical considering the amount of effort they put into advertising the games. I still have yet to see the Radiant Dawn commercial, although I did look it up on youtube.

I bought a used copy off of Amazon a couple years ago. I thought it was pretty good... for an incomplete series that consists of only two episodes. : /

It's kind of hard to believe that the anime was released outside of Japan before the video games.

Well it was never a TV show from what I hear. They just released video tapes that had bad promotion...

that is what an OVA is...not on TV, released on VHS/DVD/ect...

...It's kind of hard to believe that the anime was released outside of Japan before the video games.

yeah, I thought that was weird too...well I guess they thought Americans would like failed shows about swords, magic, and what-not more than they would like games about swords, magic, and what not

<_<~ It doesn't seem that FE would make a very good anime. I mean... I like the story lines, but the thing is, they're all like relating to battles.

x occurance ---> ZOMFG FIGHT TO TEH FINISH ---> Zomfg!! Another y occurance!!! ---> Zomg!!! Fight more!! We're under sttaccckkk!!! D: doesn't seem like a great anime. Animes are like any other show - you can't get away with violence alone, you still need to develope your characters, as if they were real people... -Nods-

<_ it doesn seem that fe would make a very good anime. i mean... like the story lines but thing is they all relating to battles.>

x occurance ---> ZOMFG FIGHT TO TEH FINISH ---> Zomfg!! Another y occurance!!! ---> Zomg!!! Fight more!! We're under sttaccckkk!!! D: doesn't seem like a great anime. Animes are like any other show - you can't get away with violence alone, you still need to develope your characters, as if they were real people... -Nods-

I would assume the Anime would be based quite a bit off the politics that go on in between battles as well as the support conversations during them.

Well, it's not entirely battles. I think some Marth x Sheeda scenes were alright, and if they made more episodes there would probably be more development. It's just that the game was all battles since that was the point of playing the game.

yeah, although the first action scene was lame "oh noez, battling on rooftop and Marth dropped his sword!"

but I like the battle in the port city, it was cool...oh and the battle scene between what's-his-face and the swordmaster with the purple swords was funny...

The battle bewteen Oguma and Navahi was fantastic. The story itself was no where near all just battles and violence. It had a great story and good character development with Marth and others.The beginning is quite slow, but that happens in a lot of animes so it can be expected. Besides, you can't expect it to be perfect, as this dates back to about 1994 or some such.

• 3 months later...