Fire Emblem Traditions you don't like?

Destiny Hero

I don't like these ones:

Free overpowered units

Lords

Items for promotion

Automatic promotions for lords

Only one dark magic user, and he ends up bad (Pelleas and Canas are good, Knoll is terrible)

A cheesy plot twist

Kings/Queens/Princes/Princesses that fight alongside their people (I'm looking at you, Elincia, Pelleas, laguz royals, and half the cast of Sacred Stones...)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one dark magic user, and he ends up bad (Pelleas and Canas are good, Knoll is terrible)

Ewan.

Kings/Queens/Princes/Princesses that fight alongside their people (I'm looking at you, Elincia, Pelleas, laguz royals, and half the cast of Sacred Stones...)

It wouldn't make for a good ending otherwise.

Imagine.

King: Thanks for saving my kingdom. You can go now. Don't forget to tip the stable boy for watching all those animals you're keeping.

Edited by bunny

I don't like these ones:

Free overpowered units

Lords

Items for promotion

A cheesy plot twist

Like...?

So there should be no main characters?

Alright, I understand you there.

See one above.

You forget Sofiya and Rei. They're pretty bad.

So, the plot should be totally straightforward with no hidden meaning?

And the Royalty should be jackasses and say "lolnubscan'tfightforthemselves"?

I don't like these ones:

Free overpowered units

Lords

Items for promotion

A cheesy plot twist

I laugh at all of those ones you listed. Except for the "Items for Promotion."

Anyways:

Wyvern units usually being enemies and Pegasus units and Valkyries usually being good guys

Main lord usually being a young-ass character

Girls usually not being strong or muscular looking

Like...?

So there should be no main characters?

Alright, I understand you there.

See one above.

You forget Sofiya and Rei. They're pretty bad.

So, the plot should be totally straightforward with no hidden meaning?

And the Royalty should be jackasses and say "lolnubscan'tfightforthemselves"?

I just don't like how there's one character (or multiple ones) that I'm forced to use in every single level, even if I don't like them, especially since, and here's something that you might not understand, I play for fun.

Whoever Sofiya and Rei are, they're not from an american Fire Emblem so they don't matter.

I'm talking about cheesy plot twists and stuff.

No, they shouldn't be like that, but I'm really sick of all the royalty that fight alongside their armies. It gets realy obnoxious, especially in Sacred Stones, where EVERY prince and princess joins the fight. It's a good idea, but it's severely overused and just gets annoying after a few games.

Whoever Sofiya and Rei are, they're not from an american Fire Emblem so they don't matter.

So Sigurd doesn't count as a good Lord with the idea of 'all Lords suck' because he's of FE4? :o

Rei and Salem are alright Dark Magic users. But of course, Salem could use other magic and Staves...

So Sigurd doesn't count as a good Lord with the idea of 'all Lords suck' because he's of FE4? :o

Rei and Salem are alright Dark Magic users. But of course, Salem could use other magic and Staves...

The early Fire Emblem games can't legally be played in English, so people break the law and download an English patch of it. Until the game is in English, it shouldn't exist in English debates, since they technically don't exist yet. They're basically games that haven't been made yet. They're there, but not in English.

The early Fire Emblem games can't legally be played in English, so people break the law and download an English patch of it. Until the game is in English, it shouldn't exist in English debates, since they technically don't exist yet. They're basically games that haven't been made yet. They're there, but not in English.

Ever hear of importing games? Don't be so closed minded. They count.

I said it before and I'll say it again; the blue hair on the lords. Enough with it already. >_>

Yes.

Ever hear of importing games? Don't be so closed minded. They count.

If you can read Japanese. I won't have a problem with those games once they're released in English and can be counted as playable.

A Japanese Fire Emblem game has no place in a discussion about English Fire Emblem games, until it gets translated and legaly obtained in English.

that's just silly

those games are fully legit and are a part of the series. just because you can't play them doesn't mean they shouldn't be counted.

If you can read Japanese. I won't have a problem with those games once they're released in English and can be counted as playable.

A Japanese Fire Emblem game has no place in a discussion about English Fire Emblem games, until it gets translated and legaly obtained in English.

You don't need to read Japanese to play the game. You need to read Japanese to understand it's story, but not to play it.

Luckily, we're not debating English Fire Emblem games. We're debating Fire Emblem. You CAN get Japanese Fire Emblem games legally. >_> So, it might be smart if you stopped talking like that.

You don't need to read Japanese to play the game. You need to read Japanese to understand it's story, but not to play it.

Luckily, we're not debating English Fire Emblem games. We're debating Fire Emblem. You CAN get Japanese Fire Emblem games legally. >_> So, it might be smart if you stopped talking like that.

this.

Serenes Forest isn't a "Fire Emblem's Released Outside of Japan" website. its a "Fire Emblem" website.

You can't get them in English, though.

Every thread I make is with and for the legal English Fire Emblem games.

So? How does that stop you from playing the game?

You can't dictate what people talk about, though. :/

You can't get them in English, though.

Every thread I make is with and for the legal English Fire Emblem games.

then maybe you shouldn't make generalizations about the games unless you have played every single one out there

-The majority of FE games are not in English, so they don't exist?

-The majority of FE "traditions" stem from non-English games, so they don't exist?

The Language shouldn't matter, I can't read Japanese and I've played FE4-6, a bit of 11 and 8 before it was localised and enjoyed them quite immensely. There's no reason to not count them, they're the basis of the series and the basis of the majority of the traditions in the series, you're not going to find many in just 4 games when there's 11 total.

Saying that it's illegal is garbage too. I have more English ROMs than Japanes ROMs and it's easy to get imported legal Japanese games.

Edit: As for traditions, I'm pretty neutral on them, only thing I can really think of is the whole 3 Pegs knights that appear in most games, but maybe that's just cause I hate pegs knights.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

I don't like these ones:

Free overpowered units

Lords

Items for promotion

A cheesy plot twist

So, find yourself another game and stick with it.