Canas vs Knoll

Destiny Hero

Canas is better than Knoll. At least for me, Canas got up to the same defense as normal units, and remained fairly lucky. Knoll just plain sucks, and is the only dark magic user I know of who gets crippled by a physical attack.

Anyone else heart Canas?

Luna? The resistance negater? I always hated that spell. I think it's sort of useless since the enemy stats never change; just their weapons.

Do you even bother looking at stats before you make comments like this?

Knoll is horrible. Canas is nothing special either, but he's better than that piece of shit.

I was so sad when I found out how bad Knoll was ;-;

I always look forward to using the dark mages, and any character that reminds me of me.

That was Knoll ;-;

Do you even bother looking at stats before you make comments like this?

Whoops, sorry, the enemies on the last level have 3 more resistance than on the first level, my bad.

I was so sad when I found out how bad Knoll was ;-;

I always look forward to using the dark mages, and any character that reminds me of me.

That was Knoll ;-;

Whoops, sorry, the enemies on the last level have 3 more resistance than on the first level, my bad.

How do dark mages remind you of yourself?

Whoops, sorry, you completely forgot all of the h4x Magic Using bosses later on with high Res like Sonia, Limstella, and Nergal. Whoops, sorry, you also forgot the Fire Dragon. Whoops, sorry, you also forgot Luna's high Critical rate. Whoops, sorry, you forgot just about everything in the Endgame.

Not only does Canas kick ass but he also wears a monocle. Enough said ;)

And it takes mad skill to look good with a monacle.

How do dark mages remind you of yourself?

Canas sort of does, but for some reason, Knoll reminded me a lot of myself. *googles images of him* He sort of looks like me. Not the hair, obviously. I'm too weird to have purple hair =]

Whoops, sorry, you completely forgot all of the h4x Magic Using bosses later on with high Res like Sonia, Limstella, and Nergal. Whoops, sorry, you also forgot the Fire Dragon. Whoops, sorry, you also forgot Luna's high Critical rate. Whoops, sorry, you forgot just about everything in the Endgame.

... I haven't beaten that game.

*flushes spoilers down the toilet, along with the game*

Canas for purple hair, monocle, Bartre and Nino support and being plain better than Knoll. Canas may not be a demon stat-wise, he is pretty damn good because of Dark Magic awesomeness. Also, my canas gets his def near 20 almost every PT. Highest so far is 21. NATURALLY.

Can someone give me Canas's Magic growth versus Knoll's? I'm pretty sure Knoll must have a higher growth rate in Magic, since he almost always reaches his cap when I use him. I'm lucky if I can get Canas past twenty.

Knoll's zero luck is a huge risk on the battlefield... He has a good change of getting criticalled at almost any time.

Canas is the definite winner.

And Destiny Hero, you need to play FE7 right through to truly appreciate it. It's a great game.

Edited by Razgriz

Canas joins like 8 chapters after the real campaign begins, and there's still a good ~17 chapters left, taking gaidens into account. Knoll joins after fourteen chapters. And for their bases...Knoll doesn't even win. And FE8 PC units are generally stronger.

Knollose.

Luna is more broken in enemy hand's then Canas' lol. If you really want luna against the dragon, Athos will do fine, though i've never had a run through where you couldn't one turn the dragon using just lord legendary weapons and aureole.

The only thing Knoll has over Canas is the ability to become a summoner. Other than that, Canas>Knoll in everything

I don't think I need to put IMO, either

Edited by CGV

Canas has a 45% magic growth whereas Knoll has 50%. Their growths are near-identical, the only real difference being defense (Canas has 25% versus Knoll's 10%).

Wow, I figured it had to be higher than that. I want to change my vote for Canas...

(Thanks for the statisics, also, Musashi).