I got sick of this game.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a hard time liking Fiona. She has the second best Silver/Gold Knight caps in the game and the h4x Earth affinity, but the worst joining conditions in the series. Her growths are not a problem, but her bases are similar to Meg's, a unit 6 levels lower, and her first three maps hate her. Some enemies in her first map can one-round her.

She also has two very useful innate skills.

Sophia. Her joining conditions are the worst.

Sophia. Her joining conditions are the worst.

I must disagree. Sophia had usefulness on her chapter to get a Guiding Ring, and her movement, unlike every other units, wasn't hindered a bit. Horrible, but I can't say it's worse.

I must disagree. Sophia had usefulness on her chapter to get a Guiding Ring, and her movement, unlike every other units, wasn't hindered a bit. Horrible, but I can't say it's worse.

She gets one-shotted by enemies. And on top of that, it's a Fog-of-War map, so enemies can come out of nowhere and one-shoot her. And having inaccurate dark magic and being at level 1 is just laughable.

IMO, Jill sucks. Her stats are really crappy, and axes slow her down.

steel axes*

But a +3 mt forged iron axe costs less than a steel axe while being lighter and more accurate, so you should never be using steel axes anyway.

She gets one-shotted by enemies. And on top of that, it's a Fog-of-War map, so enemies can come out of nowhere and one-shoot her. And having inaccurate dark magic and being at level 1 is just laughable.

It's true that she can easily get one-shotted but since it's a FOW map, I assume you're bring a thief or torches to help your vision. That being said, you'll often know what's coming so you should have no trouble getting Sophia out of harm's way. Sophia's a terrible unit but her joining conditions aren't something that's hard to deal with.

Fiona's a crappy unit joining a crappy team and to level her up is to make it harder on yourself since you'll be taking away EXP from people like Nolan, Aran and Jill.

Edited by Boo

Fiona gets one-rounded as well. Sophia can also attack without risk of being countered. Fiona can as well, but she'll miss.

Fiona can have an iron lance with 110 hit. Sophia has 2 base skl, and her weapon has only 70 hit. Her accuracy is worse than Gonzales's. By about 10. Even Fiona with a javelin isn't any worse off in hit.

Worst joining conditions for any unit goes to Wendy, though. lol let's join right before 6 consecutive axe-heavy chapters.

Edited by Reikken

Well, how about you play some Halo?

I bet you love that game

I hate Halo.

After all you've said, I suggest you never play this game again. I'm 80% serious.

But I want to ;-;

And yet you think that Fiona is a god.

Once she's in her second class, yes, and especially when she's 20/20/20.

I have a hard time liking Fiona. She has the second best Silver/Gold Knight caps in the game and the h4x Earth affinity, but the worst joining conditions in the series. Her growths are not a problem, but her bases are similar to Meg's, a unit 6 levels lower, and her first three maps hate her. Some enemies in her first map can one-round her.

She also has two very useful innate skills.

Fiona's joining conditions are so bad, I agree. Nintendo went a little overkill when they tried to mask her potential, which they ending up nearly killing.

Nolan is possibly one of the most awesome characters in the series, looks, personality and statwise, how can you hate him?

But seriously, it sounds like you don't even like Fire Emblem that much.

I don't like the name Nolan. I don't like axes. I don't like tough guys. I don't like beards. I don't like any kind of facial hair.

Let's start from the beginning. Before you got tired of this game, what did you like about it?

I loved the plot, unique characters, and the big numbers.

How many times have you played through this game? Maybe it's just not your type of game. Don't force yourself to like it if you don't. Though if you still want to like it, try out some of the suggestions that everyone's throwing at you.

I failed on normal (loooong story), owned Easy, smashed Normal (like killing the big bad dragon king in one turn), got extremely frustrated on hard (gave up when I looked at the swamp level), and got insanely frustrated in a normal difficulty dawn brigade run.

Wendy's joining time is probably a bit worse in the same game.

lolwendy

But I want to ;-;

Once she's in her second class, yes, and especially when she's 20/20/20.

Fiona's joining conditions are so bad, I agree. Nintendo went a little overkill when they tried to mask her potential, which they ending up nearly killing.

I don't like the name Nolan. I don't like axes. I don't like tough guys. I don't like beards. I don't like any kind of facial hair.

I failed on normal (loooong story), owned Easy, smashed Normal (like killing the big bad dragon king in one turn), got extremely frustrated on hard (gave up when I looked at the swamp level), and got insanely frustrated in a normal difficulty dawn brigade run.

lolwendy

If you dislike just about everything about it, don't play it. ._.

Lawl. Didn't I point out earlier in this thread that she fails compared to your other units?

She has no potential.

Nolan is awsum. Axes are the best weapon type in the game. He READS. How is that a tough guy? You can hate his facial hair, I dun care.

Then play a different game.

How can you say "lolwendy" when you don't have FE6?

If you dislike just about everything about it, don't play it. ._.

Lawl. Didn't I point out earlier in this thread that she fails compared to your other units?

She has no potential.

Nolan is awsum. Axes are the best weapon type in the game. He READS. How is that a tough guy? You can hate his facial hair, I dun care.

Then play a different game.

How can you say "lolwendy" when you don't have FE6?

Fiona does have potential. She has pretty good defense growths combined with innate Imbue and Earth affinity, the second best paladin caps in the game, and two great weapon types. Axes are not the best weapon in this game either. If anything, lances probably would be, but they're all pretty even.

Axes are lightweight, cheap, and powerful. Also, the large amounts of Lance using enemies helps.

The weapon triangle is pretty evenly represented here and there is usually plenty of money to go around. Also, Boyd and Nolan are the only good Axe masters to use in Endgame, and they're no better than anyone else when that time comes.

Boyd and Nolan are the only good Axe masters to use in Endgame

...Jill and Haar?

And axes are easily the best weapon type, SS weapons aside. They have more power than any other weapons, the best 1-2 range weapon by far (more power and more hit), and they're inexpensive, which very much does matter as there are always things to spend money on.

Edited by Reikken

Axes are lightweight, cheap, and powerful. Also, the large amounts of Lance using enemies helps.

Axes are lightweight!? When the hell did that happen!?

He may not double things, but his str is like 10 higher than that of units like Nephenee, and his mobility is w1n. And anyone can double dragons.

Haar's cap: 38

Nephenee's cap: 33/34

Average cap: 32 - 35

But Haar is still great. He's overrated, though.

He may not double things, but his str is like 10 higher than that of units like Nephenee, and his mobility is w1n. And anyone can double dragons.

10 higher is overexaggerating. His cap is 38. That's only 10 higher than Whispers. He only has 4 more strength than Nephenee and the Wishblade is just as strong as Urvan. Thing is, she has good resistance, doubles, and more often dodges. His mobility doesn't tend to mean much after 4-E-1 since the maps are rather small. He definitely isn't bad come endgame, but Jill, Boyd, and Nolan are all better choices for Urvan and the chapters in general.

10 is pretty significant, especially since he uses Axes (which are, once again, inexpensive). Whispers use really expensive, low powered knives too, so it equates to like 15 or 20 damage difference.

I'm pretty sure Cancel activates a lot more than Bane too.

Axes are lightweight!? When the hell did that happen!?
It happened when Strength determined your AS. Nolan and Jill are pretty much the only ones that have to "grow into" axes, everyone else is pretty much set with them. Edited by Lord Raven

10 higher is overexaggerating. His cap is 38. That's only 10 higher than Whispers. He only has 4 more strength than Nephenee and the Wishblade is just as strong as Urvan. Thing is, she has good resistance, doubles, and more often dodges. His mobility doesn't tend to mean much after 4-E-1 since the maps are rather small. He definitely isn't bad come endgame, but Jill, Boyd, and Nolan are all better choices for Urvan and the chapters in general.

Not on hard mode. Dunno about other modes. HM endgame starting level is more like 20/8-20/14, and you don't have much room for bexping her str up. Compare a 20/11 Haar to a 20/9 Nephenee (he starts on a much higher level, and he sees more combat besides with his much better defense and mobility the whole game), and his avg str is 10 higher. Even after more 6 levels, it's only down to like 8-7 higher since Nephenee's str growth is only 35.

Edited by Reikken