I got sick of this game.

Normal's too easy for me.

I've already done that. Once Fiona gets her three levels of babying, she's the best unit there is. She has good stats, and absolutely overkill avoid, and her defenses max out fast. She never even got hit when I used her.

Same with Meg, she's really good.

And yet you can't do hard?

L. O. L. Fiona joins underleveled in a chapter where enemies two-round her. Good luck raising her. To add to that, she has mediocre base stats.

Level: 9

HP: 25

STR: 8

MAG: 6

SKL: 8

SPD: 10

LCK: 7

DEF: 8

RES: 6

Eight defense. Wow. Armour Swords have a base of 8 Str at level 1. But wait, let's calculate the avoid you hold so dearly! She's got 37~ avoid at level 9 (if I didn't mess it up). That's terrible. She's not going to be doubling enemies because her AS is 9, which is horrid, and she's dying due to no Defense. Let's compare Oscar and Fiona come Part 3.

Level 20/1 Fiona (Being extremely leniant in this level, as there's no way she'll have promoted in 2 chapters unless you didn't let anyone else kill anything)

HP: 31

STR: 13

MAG: 9

SKL: 13

SPD: 17

LCK: 13

DEF: 15

RES: 12

Level 12 Oscar (Base Stats)

HP: 38

STR: 20

MAG: 7

SKL: 22

SPD: 21

LCK: 18

DEF: 17

RES: 13

Hm, Fiona beat him in... Magic. By 2 points. A completely useless stat?! Oh boy! And this is assuming Oscar hasn't been used by 3-6.

Edited by Flynn Scifo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you might be surprised.

Laura, Aran, Titania, and Mist are really good units, FYI.

maybe you're sick of this game because you keep doing the same thing over and over again? you should really try out different things, its half of the thrill of the game.

Laura is the most underleveled and fagile character in the game.

Aran is ugly and has a giant thick outline for his hair, and crappy speed, skill and resistance.

Mist just plain sucks and is underleveled, with terrible strength, which wastes the point of having swords.

Titania is very good, but she's ugly and, at least for me, really boring to use.

Bianchi is right Destiny Hero,try something new,and how can you hate Ilyana! *murders and feeds to wild dogs*

I used Ilyana once. I babied her and fed her stat boosters and she was still crappy.

Aran is ugly and has a giant thick outline for his hair, and crappy speed, skill and resistance.

Mist just plain sucks and is underleveled, with terrible strength, which wastes the point of having swords.

Titania is very good, but she's ugly and, at least for me, really boring to use.

Fail statment. Completly wrong.

A 75% Skill growth is crappy Skill? Oh my.

She has 8 Str as a base stat. About the same as Fiona. :/

Well, if you don't like her, I can't help that.

long post about Fiona in the beginning

>_________________________________>

Once she's babied, she's awesome >_>

She just needs to get to her second class >_>

OBVIOUSLY she's not going to be a god instantly >_>

Aran rams his STR/SKL/DEF stats ridiculously early, making him a prime candidate for Bonus Exp, which can give a serious boost to the remaining stats. Since he's from Part 1, he'd also be a prime candidate for bonus exp, since they typically arrive in Part 4 way behind the Part 2/3ers.

Admittedly he does take some bexp to be good, so he's not that great of a character bexp aside. But I typically like to consider how well a unit utilizes bexp in a part of how good of a character they are, and he's one of the best. (Rams three caps by level 20/8, giving you a potential 12 bexp level ups for a possible 12 speed.) Obviously his use is less in Hard mode where you get less bexp and it's worth less.

>_________________________________>

Once she's babied, she's awesome >_>

She just needs to get to her second class >_>

OBVIOUSLY she's not going to be a god instantly >_>

I just pointed out that, even when she is promoted, she sucks, especially when compared to Oscar.

I used Ilyana once. I babied her and fed her stat boosters and she was still crappy.

The only healer on her team is automatic good.

Crappy skill? LOL!

She's a healer, and gets a horse on promotion. That's good.

Ugly? No. She's decent at best. Killer at start, mediocre later.

Speed kills her, but PoR transfer bonuses work more wonders for her than almost any character in the game.

Laguz suck and they're really ugly.

Volug, Tibarn, Naesala, Nailah, and Vika are ugly? Are you joking? Plus, every one of them is pretty good, if not great.

The only healer on her team is automatic good.

Crappy skill? LOL!

She's a healer, and gets a horse on promotion. That's good.

Ugly? No. She's decent at best. Killer at start, mediocre later.

Speed kills her, but PoR transfer bonuses work more wonders for her than almost any character in the game.

Volug, Tibarn, Naesala, Nailah, and Vika are ugly? Are you joking? Plus, every one of them is pretty good, if not great.

Vika's VERY ugly, and she absolutely blows, especially because of her extremely low level and TERRIBLE availibility.

BTW guys, this isn't making me want to play the game.

Vika's VERY ugly, and she absolutely blows, especially because of her extremely low level and TERRIBLE availibility.

BTW guys, this isn't making me want to play the game.

Vika has the best laguz growths in the game, and I thought underleveled wasn't a problem for you? She's also hot as hell, I don't know what you're smoking.

Do a themed run or something. Pick a hair color or an affinity. And don't be bothered by "That means I have to use this character, and they suck/I hate them." That's a horrible reason.

You don't like the Dawn Brigade? Then don't use them. Rape everything with Nolan, Volug, Jill, and Zihark, imo. Don't bother with any of the other noobs. And if you don't like some of these either, then don't use them. Volug can destroy everything by himself almost, so just do that. The final chapter is the only part 1 chapter that gives Volug trouble, and that's on hard mode. But you get the BK and Nailah, so you can just use them.

But you clearly don't want to play this game, so don't play it.

And don't be bothered by "That means I have to use this character, and they suck/I hate them." That's a horrible reason.

THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS.

Just, I dunno, use some units. You're asking how to make the game more interesting, and then refusing to use units you don't normally use...

Not to mention that you seem to have a really weird way of deciding who is good and who is not...

Fiona's great and Laura isn't? Lol.

@Vika. She's not very good, but she'd be like the hawtest thing ever without those wings. :D

Vika has the best laguz growths in the game, and I thought underleveled wasn't a problem for you? She's also hot as hell, I don't know what you're smoking.

Do a themed run or something. Pick a hair color or an affinity. And don't be bothered by "That means I have to use this character, and they suck/I hate them." That's a horrible reason.

But that pretty much IS my reason. I play for fun, not to win, since just playing to win is pointless. Vika is severely underleveled and gets nearly no play time at all.

Obviously, you've never seen Oliver.

Eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww

You don't like the Dawn Brigade? Then don't use them. Rape everything with Nolan, Volug, Jill, and Zihark, imo. Don't bother with any of the other noobs. And if you don't like some of these either, then don't use them. Volug can destroy everything by himself almost, so just do that. The final chapter is the only part 1 chapter that gives Volug trouble, and that's on hard mode. But you get the BK and Nailah, so you can just use them.

But you clearly don't want to play this game, so don't play it.

IMO, Jill sucks. Her stats are really crappy, and axes slow her down. She's not good until she's a couple levels into her second class, but she has a rough time in her first few levels. And I'm never using her, or any part of the Dawn Brigade because I can't stand a single character in part one. For some reason, I just completely hate them all.

Blasphemy, madness! SPARTA

With those nice clothes and open toed shoes, how can she lose. She probably does need to have a brighter expression, though.

Open-toed shoes: Fugly

Plus, her eyes are BLANK. She's a freaking emogoth thing with jeans. Plus, she's a fricking crow, and don't you dare try to think it's a raven.

@Vika. She's not very good, but she'd be like the hawtest thing ever without those wings. :D

I actually like the wings...

Anywho. Play for the hawt chicks which you seem to have quite a weird taste as to who is hot...

Otherwise, i got nothin' else...

IMO, Jill sucks. Her stats are really crappy, and axes slow her down. She's not good until she's a couple levels into her second class, but she has a rough time in her first few levels. And I'm never using her, or any part of the Dawn Brigade because I can't stand a single character in part one. For some reason, I just completely hate them all.

And yet you think that Fiona is a god.

I have a hard time liking Fiona. She has the second best Silver/Gold Knight caps in the game and the h4x Earth affinity, but the worst joining conditions in the series. Her growths are not a problem, but her bases are similar to Meg's, a unit 6 levels lower, and her first three maps hate her. Some enemies in her first map can one-round her.

She also has two very useful innate skills.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Open-toed shoes: Fugly

Plus, her eyes are BLANK. She's a freaking emogoth thing with jeans. Plus, she's a fricking crow, and don't you dare try to think it's a raven.

Meh, she would be better if she had no shoes at all, but that hasn't happened for a chick since Slyvia and Leen. Then again, that's just me and my strangeness. She doesn't strike me as emo, it's more like scared, probably from something during her slave life. I dare call her a raven

Anyway, it's fun having a lousy character playthrough. I'm about done with my Lyre and Leonardo playthrough. I must say, Lyre is nice if you spoon feed her energy drops. Leonardo is also nice if his speed and defense doesn't go to the pits.

And I'm never using her, or any part of the Dawn Brigade because I can't stand a single character in part one. For some reason, I just completely hate them all.

Nolan is possibly one of the most awesome characters in the series, looks, personality and statwise, how can you hate him?

But seriously, it sounds like you don't even like Fire Emblem that much.

How many times have you played through this game? Maybe it's just not your type of game. Don't force yourself to like it if you don't. Though if you still want to like it, try out some of the suggestions that everyone's throwing at you.