I got sick of this game.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat RD Hard Mode. Dare ya'.

No. I can't stand not being able to Battle Save. It makes the game frustrating beyond comparison. You got to the last turn, and it only took you three hours! Oops! You got hit! Time to do it all over again!

>___________________>

Look, just try to get me back into the game.

Characters I like:

Leonardo (useless, though)

Tauroneo (dragged down into the pit of no play time)

Elincia

Geoffry (See Tauroneo, and he's boring to use)

Reyson

Naesala

Pelleas

Stephen (See Geoffry)

Zugzug (As in "Volke and Volug")

Look, just try to get me back into the game.

Characters I like:

Leonardo (useless, though)

Tauroneo (dragged down into the pit of no play time)

Elincia

Geoffry (See Tauroneo, and he's boring to use)

Reyson

Naesala

Pelleas

Stephen (See Geoffry)

Zugzug (As in "Volke and Volug")

Leo is not useless he is awesome with proper training. (learn to boss abuse and bexp abuse)

Seriously no one is bad or useless it depends on how you train them thats all.

Just keep on working at it, and you'll be able to do it. I thought hard mode was frustrating at first, but after a while, I'm on Part 3. (I'm taking a break from it though, but I will get back to it soon.) How do you know you're not gonna be able to do it if you don't put your mind to it? They don't call it a strategy game for nothing.

No, Slayer, Leonardo's pretty bad without Boss Abuse.

I put the tip next to leo for a reason :P

Leo may not be the best but he also isn't the worst.

Edited by Slayer

If you don't like hard mode, just play normal mode with the characters you like. Try out characters you've never tried before. Try different strategies. Abuse the hell out of your fave characters, max out their weapon ranks and as many stats as you can. Remember how much fun you had before and do things in the game that made you want to play it.

MIA AND MICAIAH ARE FUCKING HAWT AND THEY GET CUTSCENES! STARE AT THEM AND YOU'LL NEVER STOP PLAYING IT AGAIN!!!!!

Do a themed run. Some ideas:

Girls only

Dawn Brigade only

Magic users (I'm currently doing this)

Only laguz

etc.

you could also do a "Units I hate so much that I would never use ever at all in my whole entire life as long as I'm sane" playthrough.

i'm thinking about doing that one myself

you could also do a "Units I hate so much that I would never use ever at all in my whole entire life as long as I'm sane" playthrough.

Oliver would be the first choice, right? *Holds up flameshield*

Oliver would be the first choice, right? *Holds up flameshield*

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU INSANE?!?!?!?!?!?!?! HE IS THE BESTEST UNIT EVAH!

*savagely beats up Fox*

XD

to be honest, i really don't hate any units. it will probably be me using units i hardly ever use

No, Slayer, Leonardo's pretty bad without Boss Abuse.

Or if you mismanage archers in general. I've gone over in other threads how to make Leo an integral part of your team for all the maps you can use him in. The fact he most easily caps every single possible stat for Marksman due to epic growths in areas that cap quickly (therefore allowing you to bonus XP level him into god-mode) is also neat. Plus he's got a pretty amazing bow only he can use. If speed continues to be a problem even after it's all used up, just switch to a Brave Bow and he'll still do fine.

He does just fine. He's the only truly viable long range threat in the DB other than Micaiah.

ANYWAY:

Some challenges to add spice:

Use Fiona and Meg, both in the same playthrough. One or the other usually isn't too bad but two underleveled units is kind of difficult to raise up in time to be useful. Tip for Fiona: Feed her all the stat boosters you've picked up until she joins so she's much more viable initially. Once she gains some levels, she'll come into her own because her growths are actually quite good.

Leo is not useless he is awesome with proper training. (learn to boss abuse and bexp abuse)

Seriously no one is bad or useless it depends on how you train them thats all.

Leonardo would be less bad if he got some speed and strength, and Shinon wasn't there to outclass him in every way,

Just use those units you like and make them uber

They pretty much already are.

If you don't like hard mode, just play normal mode with the characters you like. Try out characters you've never tried before. Try different strategies. Abuse the hell out of your fave characters, max out their weapon ranks and as many stats as you can. Remember how much fun you had before and do things in the game that made you want to play it.

Normal's too easy for me.

And aren't weapon ranks pretty much already maxxed out?

Do a themed run. Some ideas:

Girls only Meh. Not enough that aren't ugly/too many are boring to use.

Dawn Brigade only Exactly the reason I quit.

Magic users (I'm currently doing this) That means I'd have to use Rhys, Mist, Laura, and Ilyana. So, no.

Only laguz Laguz suck and they're really ugly.

etc.

Why would I ever want to do that? That make me hate the game even MORE.

Plus, I'd be using Laura, Aran, Oliver, etc.... Titinia, Mist, Leonardo, Ranulf, any cat laguz.....

Use Fiona and Meg, both in the same playthrough. One or the other usually isn't too bad but two underleveled units is kind of difficult to raise up in time to be useful. Tip for Fiona: Feed her all the stat boosters you've picked up until she joins so she's much more viable initially. Once she gains some levels, she'll come into her own because her growths are actually quite good.

I've already done that. Once Fiona gets her three levels of babying, she's the best unit there is. She has good stats, and absolutely overkill avoid, and her defenses max out fast. She never even got hit when I used her.

Same with Meg, she's really good.

Why would I ever want to do that? That make me hate the game even MORE.

Plus, I'd be using Laura, Aran, Oliver, etc.... Titinia, Mist, Leonardo, Ranulf, any cat laguz.....

you might be surprised.

Laura, Aran, Titania, and Mist are really good units, FYI.

maybe you're sick of this game because you keep doing the same thing over and over again? you should really try out different things, its half of the thrill of the game.

MIA AND MICAIAH ARE FUCKING HAWT AND THEY GET CUTSCENES! STARE AT THEM AND YOU'LL NEVER STOP PLAYING IT AGAIN!!!!!

Plus, you can have the units you DO hate get killed! I'm so evil...