Myrrh

I think "crippling the team" is a little exaggerated, lategame chapters tend to have more than enough EXP for your chapters to become good enough to make the final chapter EASY.

A good example of this is the fact that people can actually raise Nino to a decent level Sage and not cripple the others (for if that were the case, no1 would wanna use her at all).

Yes, you let Myrrh take experience, which she doesn't gain, away from people who can actually still gain levels and stats, and thus will actually contribute more to the team.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you let Myrrh take experience, which she doesn't gain, away from people who can actually still gain levels and stats, and thus will actually contribute more to the team.

I know that, I'm just saying that it's a bit much to say it's crippling the team and that it's a disadvantage. The game's got no rankings and I'm sure by the time Myrrh caps, your units will be powerful enough so that you don't have worry about EXP... unless you overuse Myrrh. Besides, it's common sense not to overuse a capped out unit if you want to train more.

Edited by Boo

50 uses for only 5-ish chapters is still friggin fail, though.

And good that you mentioned she caps her level so quickly, since that's only another disadvantage for her, since using her will only cripple your team more because she doesn't gain experience anymore.

Yes, she maxxes out quickly, but she also has the best growths of any character, along with the massive stone boosts.

Besides, if you're putting her up front all the time, you deserve to have her rob everyone's EXP. Myrrh's the best in the game, but overusing her is bad. She's just Dibs. Eat all of them at once and you'll have none later and you'll be fat.....

*goes to eat Dibs*

Yes, she maxxes out quickly, but she also has the best growths of any character, along with the massive stone boosts.

Besides, if you're putting her up front all the time, you deserve to have her rob everyone's EXP. Myrrh's the best in the game, but overusing her is bad. She's just Dibs. Eat all of them at once and you'll have none later and you'll be fat.....

*goes to eat Dibs*

Best in the game? Never.

Many, many characters >>>>> her when she's not there, and she only > or >> most of the characters when she has gained her levels and gains no experience anymore since everybody's killing and surviving anyway.

Seth is best for 12~ chapters. Myrrh is best for 4~ chapters, if that. Seth obviously beats her.

Seth is arguably the best for even 14 chapters or so, since he's not as good when it comes to Scorched Sand, after which some units might starting being superior to him.

Myrrh is never the best. She has low mobility and only has so many attacks until she won't gain experience anymore, after which she won't benefit the team anymore.

Also, she doesn't quite kill everything and doesn't survive as easily as some people say.

Level 1 Myrrh

31 Atk, 5 AS -- 15 HP, 17 Def, 27 Res

Level 4 Steel Axe Great Knight

26 Atk, 11 AS -- 40 HP, 16 Def

Warrior

30 Atk, 11 AS -- 49 HP, 9 Def

~moar enemies that she doesn't kill and doesn't survive~

She definitely ain't good.

Myrrh is never the best. She has low mobility

Que? She has as much move as any promoted unmounted unit, but she flies. That is above average at the very least, actually hax mobility on River of Regrets and Darkling Woods and Final-1.

Also, her L1 situation lasts what, one turn when it comes to fighting? She gains EXP faster than anyone else, and she has 280% combined HP/Def growth. And in Ch17, Ch20 and Final, she OHKOs everything due to being effective on monsters. And she gets fucking huge Res too.

Que? She has as much move as any promoted unmounted unit, but she flies. That is above average at the very least, actually hax mobility on River of Regrets and Darkling Woods and Final-1.

Also, her L1 situation lasts what, one turn when it comes to fighting? She gains EXP faster than anyone else, and she has 280% combined HP/Def growth. And in Ch17, Ch20 and Final, she OHKOs everything due to being effective on monsters. And she gets fucking huge Res too.

Woops. My mistake. I thought she had only 5 Mov and forgot to actually check it >_<

And she caps her level very quickly, making her useless when it comes to actually making the team relatively stronger. Gaining exp > not gaining exp

Try comparing 20 Myrrh's performance, particulary against monsters, to some lategame God tiers' like Franz or Bishop Arthur. Then tell me her level cap gets in the way.

50 uses for only 5-ish chapters is still friggin fail, though.

You're using her for all 5 maps? Theres your problem. 20* and final is all you need (in both maps you don't want to kill all the grunts but you need to clear a path)...18 is kind of helpful but I'd rather take a mounted unit to get to the eggs faster.

Poor avoid is her only bad point (umpromoted unit cap and lack of luck). In my first playthrough I had her be killed by a Luna critical in Chapter 19...now that was humilating :(

*-The screenshot in my last post was from that chapter...it shows even at level 1 she can oneshot at least some of the units in that map.

Edited by Starwolf_UK

You can deploy Myrrh in all maps she's available in and she will be fine. Unless you're giving her more kills than everyone else, there's no way she's killing more than 10 per map (if she did, she'd hit her level cap by the end of Ch17 - obviously that's not going to happen). Especially since her best performance is in Ch20/final.