MK404's FE7 Hack

Mage Knight 404

I've been lurking on FE forums for a long time and this hack is the best I've ever seen. Great job!

I just replayed it in anticipation of the final version and I found a few glitches:

-Ellen doesn't join if you don't talk to Jaffar, but she still speaks in scenes

-Milanor joins as a Berserker rather than Stray Thief if you don't talk to him

-When Excellen dies, the unedited convo between Lyn and Nino appears after the battle

-Swordslayer is effective against Sniper Excellen

-Ellen and the NPC Valkyrie in Ch29 sometimes cast Physic on units with full HP

Hope this is useful.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna address each one.

-Ellen doesn't join if you don't talk to Jaffar, but she still speaks in scenes

She's the fourth Lord and this is assuming you went to Ch. 26x, because she allies herself with you regardless, but doesn't become usable unless you head for Ch. 26x. I have to find a way to make her join irregardless, but I need help in doing so.

-Milanor joins as a Berserker rather than Stray Thief if you don't talk to him

I think I've fixed that, but I'll look into it anyway.

-When Excellen dies, the unedited convo between Lyn and Nino appears after the battle

I left that alone because I was lazy to finish it at the time. I'll get back to that one.

-Swordslayer is effective against Sniper Excellen

Because her class replaces Blade Lord, and I can't change effectiveness pointers, it seems.

-Ellen and the NPC Valkyrie in Ch29 sometimes cast Physic on units with full HP

NPCs do this often if they have a staff. No worries.

Double post, and you won't regret it.

First, screens.

FE7ScrnsFinal.png

It's the Final Countdown~!

Finally, at the Dragon's Gate. Megan returns to give legendary weapons to the Lords and everyone bull charges their way into Hell. Darkness topples the playing field, so there's Fog of War to be had. Ingram tells of how he thought of this idea, and that was when Athos and Nergal were still pals. Ingram sought the plan and took it for himself. So, Eli decides to give him Hell.

Ingram Quote Exhibition

That shows everyone that has a quote with him. For those lazy to click, the characters are Eli, Linoan, myself, Ellen, Megan, Mia, Sakura, Heather, and Excellen.

Final Chapter-2 Screens

It's the Final Countdown~!(Continued)

So, they gave Ingram Hell. Now what? A gnarly Fire Dragon, that's what! Megan tries her best to slow the beasts down, but falls short, when Bramimond revives Ninian to treat with them. One Dragonleft, and the only thing between Eli and the Dragon are the few remaining Grandbell Elite. And then, they beat it, and you get a happy end as Athos alludes to A Sacred Dawn...

By the by, the Durandal is the only legendary weapon effective against the Fire Dragon. Everyone else must fight the good fight, hardcore style!(And don't use Luna(the spell), you cheap bastard. =P)

15 years later...

It's 15 years later and I decide to pay Eli a visit. We talk nostalgic feelings, when Roy, Josh, and Julie decide to play Tag. We discuss what Zephiel's plotting and see that he's already messing with the Sacred Stones. Uh-oh!

Lastly...

http://rapidshare.com/files/191184242/MK404_s_FE7_Hack.zip

There's your patch, you damn, dirty apes!

Yeah. tl;dr, Eliwood Mode is done. Hope you guys enjoy! ^^

Yipee! Finished patch is finished! Now, to finish my FEDS playthrough and find the FE7 ROM so I can start playing this thing!

EDIT: Wait, those 15 years later screens...

Does that mean Roy's going to be in your FE8 hack?

Edited by Edgard Varése

EDIT: Wait, those 15 years later screens...

Does that mean Roy's going to be in your FE8 hack?

No. While the FE7 hack hardly preaches canon (given that there are characters from everywhere in it), Roy does still have to defend his homeland of Lycia at some point, as seen by Eli/Ninian's character ending(s). (From who or what... no one knows. Just because Zephiel is in A Sacred Dawn doesn't mean that Roy is going to have to fight him. For all intents and purposes, Ellen is the regent of Bern still, and Roy has never heard of Zephiel.)

(Of course, this isn't to say that MK won't change his mind and would somehow incorporate Roy, but, as it stands, there are no playable characters from FE6 planned to be in ASD, including Roy.)

No. While the FE7 hack hardly preaches canon (given that there are characters from everywhere in it), Roy does still have to defend his homeland of Lycia at some point, as seen by Eli/Ninian's character ending(s). (From who or what... no one knows. Just because Zephiel is in A Sacred Dawn doesn't mean that Roy is going to have to fight him. For all intents and purposes, Ellen is the regent of Bern still, and Roy has never heard of Zephiel.)

(Of course, this isn't to say that MK won't change his mind and would somehow incorporate Roy, but, as it stands, there are no playable characters from FE6 planned to be in ASD, including Roy.)

True. I just got excited at seeing Roy there talking with the two children characters that appear in Sacred Dawn. Maybe he'll appear in an FE6 hack if MK decides to do one, or something...

True. I just got excited at seeing Roy there talking with the two children characters that appear in Sacred Dawn. Maybe he'll appear in an FE6 hack if MK decides to do one, or something...

The scene merely serves as a foil for A Sacred Dawn. In fact, it actually sets up quite a few major-ish plot points, come to think of it...

(Basically, Roy is just kind of there, since we know that Eli has a kid during the 15 year timeskip. Raymond brings Josh and Julie with him for a tour of Ostia (of which, the reason for being in Ostia is "officially," "I dunno, lol") while he talks to Eliwood about what's been happening in regards to Athos' dying words. The scene probably could have been done without Roy, though, having him there helps tie one of the plot-inducing parts of the Epilogue together better.)

It's finally finished! Now that's another completed ROM hack for me to play.

Great work Mage Knight!

Are you still going to do that video walkthrough, BLS?

Edgard Varese: LG hit the nail on the head, pretty much.

Yay, complete patch.

Found a few glitches on this one:

- Altenna has Shion's portrait when she speaks before the final battle.

- Raymond still has Hector's default ending script at the end of the game.

- Ellen has no name in her ending script.

- If you didn't get Eliwood and Ninian to A support, Ninian still leaves with Nils at the end, but she's still in the ending regardless.

- On the first part of the final chapter, there are a load of enemies on top of each other near the top of the screen. It's...really weird. If you get there slowly, you won't notice, though, because of the fog and all.

- Altenna has Shion's portrait when she speaks before the final battle.

I'll get to that.

- Raymond still has Hector's default ending script at the end of the game.

Huh. I thought I got that...

- Ellen has no name in her ending script.

Yes, I know. I'm looking for a way to solve it.

- If you didn't get Eliwood and Ninian to A support, Ninian still leaves with Nils at the end, but she's still in the ending regardless.

This will be rectified in the future, as Eli/Nini will be canon. For now, let's say she stayed for a while, then went back.

- On the first part of the final chapter, there are a load of enemies on top of each other near the top of the screen. It's...really weird. If you get there slowly, you won't notice, though, because of the fog and all.

So, that's what it was... Alright, I'll get to that.

EDIT: Fixed those problems.

http://rapidshare.com/files/192961690/MK404_s_FE7_Hack.zip

Them fixes:

- Altenna's final battle quote has right portrait

- Raymond's normal ending text should work properly

- The enemies that show up at the top when Ingram's door opens are(hopefully) not clumped together.

Edited by Mage Knight 404

Might as well post the tier list that me and Swordsalmon pretty much put together on another forum:

Leaf

Sanger

Alteena

Raphael

Karsh

Glenn

Ninian

Mia

High

Linoan

Raymond

Nanna

Milanor

Sakura

Kid

Matthew

Chris

Jessica

Middle

Kyosuke

Heather

Katherine

Issac

Ellen

Jenny

Anne

Excellen

Eliwood

Marcia

Low

Cruz

Viper

Alex

Kent

Sain

Plum

Edmond

Steena

Kyle

Bottom

Tempest

Mel

Luna

Comments?

Edited by IOS

Two "comments."

1) Why is Tempest above Luna? Tempest joins in Linoan's mode only one chapter before Luna, where he'll get MAYBE one level, and that's if you have him kill pretty much everyone in the chapter. Luna joins the following chapter 4 levels lower than Tempest with nearly the same stats. She's going to get more total EXP per kill because she's closer in level to the enemies. Adding to that, she rejoins 5 chapters before he does in Eliwood's story. Not to mention, Light is arguably a superior Affinity to Wind...

2) If you're wondering why I didn't factor specific supports in to that comment above, then the following will prove insightful. In the near(ish) future, the old FE7 supports are going to get changed and reworked for the project, i.e. No longer will Tempest have supports with Altenna, Linoan, and Cruz. Tempest will have his own "unique" supports from that of his counterpart whom he replaced, Rath. As such, this iteration of the tier list will basically become useless and need to be redetermined once the supports are added in.

Ooh, awesome. Here's what I disagree with. I'm probably wrong though since I haven't looked up growths and stuff, so it's all personal experience, which, of course, means nothing.

Leaf - I'm not seeing this...sure, like Marcus, he's destroying everything earlygame, but, also like Marcus, he gets worse and worse as the game goes on. Paladins in this hack in general suck for me actually - I've used Leaf, Glenn and Plum and found them all mediocre.

Sanger - Should be right at the top, pretty much no flaws. Joins one chapter after Leaf and beats him at everything.

Glenn - What? Einlanzer is the only reason I can possibly see for this, but it's not actually locked to him...his stats sucked both times I tried him out...

Ninian

Mia - This is just silly. She's made redundant because Nanna can move further to heal, and Linoan can attack as well as heal. There's pretty much no reason to use Mia, ever.

Altenna - Maybe move up a little.

High

Linoan - Should go just below Sanger in Top. Three weapon types from before promotion, by far the best healer (Mia should not be above her, just no) and no real flaws at all.

Raymond - This looks about right, but I'm thinking maybe he should be at the bottom of Top. He starts off mediocre but becomes amazing.

Nanna - She's the best choice for secondary healer (Linoan being primary), so maybe go somewhere in Top.

Milanor

Sakura - Her incredible offense doesn't make up for her terrible defensive stats. It can be cured with an Angelic Robe and a Dracoshield, but items should have no part in tier lists.

Kid - Is this just for thief utility? Because she's useless at fighting and Matthew does the job just as well as she does for thievery.

Raphael - Probably needs to go to Top because of crit bonus, and being the only good axe user.

Kyosuke - Needs to go down, he can't keep up with everyone else and has trouble one-rounding.

Chris - Needs to go down, he's amazing but comes too late to be this high.

Jessica - I got Anne, so no idea.

Middle

Heather

Katherine

Excellen - Should go down. Joins too late and is useless on enemy phase.

Issac

Ellen

Karsh - Should go down, his speed wrecks an otherwise good unit.

Jenny

Anne

Eliwood - Should go up. Like Raymond, he starts poor and gets better and better. Certainly better than the likes of Karsh and Anne at any rate.

Marcia

Low

Cruz

Viper - There shouldn't be such a gap between Kyosuke and Viper, they perform very similarly.

Alex - Should go to Bottom just because he's only there for 2 chapters.

Kent

Sain - Should move above Kent, he's better at just about everything.

Plum - Should go down to Bottom, she has basically no use.

Edmond - Move to High or possibly Top. Luna is broken, his HP is ridiculous and he one-rounds anything easily.

Matthew - Nobody who has good availability and thief utility should be this low.

Steena

Kyle

Tempest - Should go to Bottom. Locked to the worst weapons until promotion, and he won't promote until close to the end with his horrid availability.

Bottom

Mel

Luna

Two "comments."

1) Why is Tempest above Luna? Tempest joins in Linoan's mode only one chapter before Luna, where he'll get MAYBE one level, and that's if you have him kill pretty much everyone in the chapter. Luna joins the following chapter 4 levels lower than Tempest with nearly the same stats. She's going to get more total EXP per kill because she's closer in level to the enemies. Adding to that, she rejoins 5 chapters before he does in Eliwood's story. Not to mention, Light is arguably a superior Affinity to Wind...

2) If you're wondering why I didn't factor specific supports in to that comment above, then the following will prove insightful. In the near(ish) future, the old FE7 supports are going to get changed and reworked for the project, i.e. No longer will Tempest have supports with Altenna, Linoan, and Cruz. Tempest will have his own "unique" supports from that of his counterpart whom he replaced, Rath. As such, this iteration of the tier list will basically become useless and need to be redetermined once the supports are added in.

1) Well, Tempest does have a superior game promotion, but I guess his level lead will be diminished very quickly. Down to bottom he goes.

2) I know, but I think MK404 might want to wait until he gets further in Sacred Dawn so this list should be relevant for at least a little bit longer.

Leaf - I'm not seeing this...sure, like Marcus, he's destroying everything earlygame, but, also like Marcus, he gets worse and worse as the game goes on. Paladins in this hack in general suck for me actually - I've used Leaf, Glenn and Plum and found them all mediocre.

Sanger - Should be right at the top, pretty much no flaws. Joins one chapter after Leaf and beats him at everything.

Glenn - What? Einlanzer is the only reason I can possibly see for this, but it's not actually locked to him...his stats sucked both times I tried him out...

Ninian

Mia - This is just silly. She's made redundant because Nanna can move further to heal, and Linoan can attack as well as heal. There's pretty much no reason to use Mia, ever.

Altenna - Maybe move up a little.

High

Linoan - Should go just below Sanger in Top. Three weapon types from before promotion, by far the best healer (Mia should not be above her, just no) and no real flaws at all.

Raymond - This looks about right, but I'm thinking maybe he should be at the bottom of Top. He starts off mediocre but becomes amazing.

Nanna - She's the best choice for secondary healer (Linoan being primary), so maybe go somewhere in Top.

Milanor

Sakura - Her incredible offense doesn't make up for her terrible defensive stats. It can be cured with an Angelic Robe and a Dracoshield, but items should have no part in tier lists.

Kid - Is this just for thief utility? Because she's useless at fighting and Matthew does the job just as well as she does for thievery.

Raphael - Probably needs to go to Top because of crit bonus, and being the only good axe user.

Kyosuke - Needs to go down, he can't keep up with everyone else and has trouble one-rounding.

Chris - Needs to go down, he's amazing but comes too late to be this high.

Jessica - I got Anne, so no idea.

Middle

Heather

Katherine

Excellen - Should go down. Joins too late and is useless on enemy phase.

Issac

Ellen

Karsh - Should go down, his speed wrecks an otherwise good unit.

Jenny

Anne

Eliwood - Should go up. Like Raymond, he starts poor and gets better and better. Certainly better than the likes of Karsh and Anne at any rate.

Marcia

Low

Cruz

Viper - There shouldn't be such a gap between Kyosuke and Viper, they perform very similarly.

Alex - Should go to Bottom just because he's only there for 2 chapters.

Kent

Sain - Should move above Kent, he's better at just about everything.

Plum - Should go down to Bottom, she has basically no use.

Edmond - Move to High or possibly Top. Luna is broken, his HP is ridiculous and he one-rounds anything easily.

Matthew - Nobody who has good availability and thief utility should be this low.

Steena

Kyle

Tempest - Should go to Bottom. Locked to the worst weapons until promotion, and he won't promote until close to the end with his horrid availability.

Bottom

Mel

Luna

I've gone through stats on Nightmare, so my comments are based on average stats:

Your Leaf/Glenn comments are definately PEMN. I've looked at their average stats, they are both two of your best units the entire game. I could compare them to someody like Alteena or Sanger if you want.

Mia: Level lead from Linoan's mode, THE BEST unit statistically in the game, and getting full defense from supports makes her>Nanna and Linoan, just like Serra>Priscilla in the original.

Linoan: Not the greatest stats and lateish promotion are why she's not top

Raymond: Late promotion....

Nanna: Perhaps...

Sakura: Glass cannon. Amazing attack, and amazing crit from supports. She literally can one-round just about everything

Kid: Level lead on Matthew, and WAAAY better supports

Raphael: Only good axe user? Um...no.

Kyosuke: Yeah, I was kind of considering moving him down

Chris: Pent says hi

Excellen: See Kyosuke

Karsh: No, his speed growth is 45 or 50% IIRC, and has a solid base of 9. PEMN

Eliwood: See Raymond, except more so

Viper: Except not, Viper's speed is much worse

Alex: Are we going to move Sety or Galzus to bottom on the FE5 tier list? No

Kent's speed and defense>Sain's strength

Matthew could move up...

Edmond: Get with the times. Luna isn't available in the latest patch

Tempest: I know

2) I know, but I think MK404 might want to wait until he gets further in Sacred Dawn so this list should be relevant for at least a little bit longer.

You're partially right. The supports won't be finished for a little while, yes; however, I'm doing the supports to free him up from doing it. And since the only things in my way are real life and college, I'll be getting them done a whole lot sooner than he would. (And I'm already halfway done with figuring out partners. Once that's finished, all that remains is the scripts.)

Really? Luna isn't in the latest patch? I definitely remember using it in Endgame, but I guess it was removed in the patch after that. ...How on earth is the Dragon meant to be possible without Edmond and Megan using that though? XD

At any rate, Edmond still deserves to go up IMO. He got to max HP without any stat boosters both times I used him, and could one-round pretty much anything with a Flux tome. It might just be PEMN like the rest, but still.

EDIT: Also, Alex is decent while you have him but nowhere near Sety and Galzus' level of awesomeness.

Edited by Drifloon

Really? Luna isn't in the latest patch? I definitely remember using it in Endgame, but I guess it was removed in the patch after that. ...How on earth is the Dragon meant to be possible without Edmond and Megan using that though? XD

In the next patch (v1.01 I guess, since it won't be a major update), Luna will become "enemy only" in the sense that you won't get one from an enemy, chest, village, etc. Right now, it's still available in v1.0, but it's already planned to be removed. The question is just a matter of when rather than if.

(And, you could beat it like MK404 does in his videos...)

Well, so this thing already has a tier list. Nice.

My qualms about it, though [anybody who's not there is in the right place]:

Leaf Won't comment on him since I try to stay from prepromotes when possible.

Glenn I didn't train him that much, but he turned out a little lousily...

Alteena She's great, but her speed leaves something to be desired.Probably best somewhere in the middle of High tier.

High

Linoan Should be in Top Tier; she uses magic, she's able to dodge lots of things consistently from the get-go, and Prism Pillar kicks butt.

Matthew Should be towards the bottom of middle. He's got thief utility going for him, but Kid is better at this with her insane speed.

Middle

Kyosuke Should be in at least high tier; sure, he can't keep up, but since when has a knight ever managed to keep up without Boot useage at one point or another? Plus, he's got unusually high speed for a knight, which is always welcome.

Karsh Should be at least in the bottom of High, if only because he has slightly better speed than most others.

Eliwood Should be in High tier. He's not the best unit early on, but he gets very good as time goes by.

Low

Kent Should be in Middle Tier. His defensive stats aren't too bad, I would actually say better than Glenn's. He should at least be in middle tier.

Edmond Should also be in Middle Tier, as he can one-round enemies with a Flux tome.

Bottom

Luna What the hell is Luna doing down here? She's got better availability then Tempest, has a lot more room to grow, gets a speed growth that rivals that of Kid and Sakura, and she's down here? You've gotta be kidding me!

I have yet to get Jessica/Anne, Alex, Ellen, and Excellen, so those won't be commented on.