MK404's FE7 Hack

Mage Knight 404

Uh, please explain how Luna outclasses Cruz in any way at all.

Not that it really matters, since archers suck anyway >_>

And I agree that the YU characters' faces look awfully out of place. I've never played YU but is there any reason why they can't be in normal FE style while still looking like the characters?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahaha. I got it working now! :D It's a great hack.

Favorite script:

Glass: Ha! With this Prism Pillar, I'll become the greatest Mage Fighter ever!

Sage: Mage... Fighter..? In this Fire Emblem game? Sacrilege!!

Glass: No! I WILL be a Mage Fighter!!!

And I really liked how you made the CGI scenes seem like Linoan's hallucinating. XD

• 3 months later...

Hmm for some reason kid is not able to promote? Is this how it is supposed to be, or is there no female assassin yet? She was one of my fav units. I was looking forward to promoting her. Sad face when fells contract was grayed out.

Aslo in your siggy, i see leena, shion, isara... are they in this game/playable?

I have only seen shion as an npc.

Hmm for some reason kid is not able to promote? Is this how it is supposed to be, or is there no female assassin yet? She was one of my fav units. I was looking forward to promoting her. Sad face when fells contract was grayed out.

You gotta use an Earth Seal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry to revive out of nowhere but when is the 1st Earth seal in this version of FE7? Is it the same as the original? I have Kid at level 20 by chapter 13 and I really like using her and was wondering when I get the item needed to premote her?

P.S. I really like this version of the game its great can not wait for the next part.

I'm pretty sure its the same. The chapter where you fight Jack/Madelyn IIRC.

Ok thanx guess she sits there ready then lol. Anyway I would like to say I saw something about Mia being in it somewere else then I got to her was a little bummed at 1st then it was all fine because golden sun is 2 great games and I am sure the 3rd will be to and Mia is my fave from them anyway lol. I was expecting Mia from the Wii games she is my fave FE character of ll time if I hacked one which I never will cuz im not technical enough to get it she would be the lord lol. At any rate love this hack and again can not w8 for the next lol.

Edited by MrsYoruichi

I sent a pm to the person who made this rom MK asking this but feel like it may take awhile to get an answer. So I will ask here as well is it ok to do supports on this game? Like even though they dont have convos at all really? I have 1 ready for Sakura and Mia and am usin both of them so I would like to know is all. Like can I use any character that replaces another for a support with someone else or what? Like Sakura and Mia = Erk and Serra what about Eliwood and Marcia that would = Eliwood and Fiora do any of them work at all or should I not do it?

He made a few changes to the supports. for example, leaf supports linoan. Marcia replaces florina, not fiora, but for some reason only marcia can get a support raymond, not raymond support marcia. marcia gets a bonus from him, but raymond has no supports added. There's no conversation for it either

Ok thank you and I am sorry aboutmy mix up between Fiora and Florina its been awhile since I played the original and there ames are so alike lol. Anyway guess I will just try some and see. Got Mia and Sakura at c and I am pretty sure it is taking effect for Sakura but since Mia is a cleric still I can not tell on her part. Also Leaf and Nanna not exactly sure what character slots they are replacing cuz of that lol. Lowen and Rebecca maybe? I am not sure whatevs I will just leave it at Yes theycan be done but to an extent. Thank you for your answer and sorry for typing so much about a question so small.

If you're wondering about when Kid is promoted, you're going to have to wait awhile on that one. The Seal you're looking for is during the first Llyod/Linus fight, which if you remember from the first game is right after the Desert fights, I think it's worth it as she's basically a Swordmaster that can steal.

Unfortunately, her sprite doesn't change, which was a disappointment for me since I remember in Mageknight's signature at one time had Kid as the Rogue class attack as a .gif of some kind. Maybe that'll be in the Sacred Dawn hack, if she's in there.

Also, from what I can tell, Leaf = Marcus, Nanna = Rebecca, and Glenn = Lowen.

Edited by Taku

• 1 month later...

Ack. I messed up. I started playing this a couple days ago, and am on Eli's NM, but now I realize that I am using an outdated patch. (from 2008)

Do you know if there's any way to "update" my save file to the new version or anything?

Forget it. I managed to update it successfully.

That being said, does anyone have a list of which new supports work well and have new dialogue and which ones don't? For instance, the Raymond/Eliwood one has new dialogue, but the nanna/leaf support (at least for me) doesn't have any.

The only "completed" supports in the current release are as follows:

Eliwood/Raymond - C, B

Eliwood/Ninian - C, B, A

Eliwood/Linoan - C

Chris/Jenny - C, B, A

Kyosuke/Excellen - C, B, A

Luna/Alex - C, B, A

Raymond/Linoan - C, B, A

Raymond/Sanger - C, B (sort of - appears to only be partially completed)

Raymond/Sakura - C, B, A

Raymond/Leaf - C, B, A

Raymond/Mia - C, B, A

• 3 weeks later...

Is the reason why Matthew is himself in the hack so that he can recruit Altenna? It'd be better if Leaf did it, don't you think? Or is impossible to change the stuff in the game so that Marcus is the person to recruit Guy?

Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch

Matthew remained in the hack for similar reasons that Kent and Sain remained in. MK404 happened to like them, and wanted to leave some of the characters as they were instead of replacing them all. There probably is a way to switch the recruitment, but if Leaf did it, he could just charge in and talk to Altenna. With Matthew still being the one that has to do it, there's now a sense of danger in that someone has to lure Altenna out from her position since Matthew doesn't have enough movement from outside her range to talk to her without getting attacked.

Edited by Lord Glenn

The only reason for why I ask is that I had trouble trying to figure out who I need to recruit Kyosuke. I ended up being right with my guess of Rafi (Raphael but I refuse to call him that) but only because I guessed that you never really switched any of the pure data (person who acts as Prissy recruits Raven). Like I need Steena to recruit whoever is filling in for Geitz.

Indeed. I don't think it mentions it in the Readme file (though, in retrospect, it should be), but the the characters you get in the slots from regular FE7 do recruit the characters. For instance, Kyosuke will have to recruit Luna in Eliwood's story, since Raven recruits Lucius. Or, Marcia will have to recruit Heather, come Ch. 18.

If you watch MK404's demo playthrough of the hack on YouTube, it should show who recruits who, if you're having trouble.

• 1 month later...

I played up until Pale Flower of Darkness and then lost interest. It's just way too easy. For instance, Pent was already extremely good, and he got replaced by a unit with better stats at a lower level with a better support partner, while the enemies only received very minor stat boosts. They look like HHM enemies with minor Lck boosts.