Special Heroes Silhouettes

Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If it is hot springs themed, she is yet another I wouldn't want to see here. And for a different reason, the Abel breakup, Valentine's and Bridal are also not where I'd put her.

But I do think that she deserves a Seasonal. I find it weird only Catria has a Seasonal and not her sisters. Starring in three different games to me means the Whitewings are worthy of Seasonal alts, they were worthy of being ultra-hard DLC Einherjar in Awakening. 

Why do people always assume Est abandoned Abel?  With her history of being kidnapped, why not assume she was captured again, and was never found?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Why do people always assume Est abandoned Abel?  With her history of being kidnapped, why not assume she was captured again, and was never found?

Well that's a dark thought. And all the more reason why I wouldn't want her on this banner. I'm a bit surprised she wasn't dead, or alive and scarred and unable to sit after her kidnapping in Valentia. Maybe that would've happened in Jugdral, but somehow the bandits never seemed to have done the one bad thing they're known for other than pillaging.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well that's a dark thought. And all the more reason why I wouldn't want her on this banner. I'm a bit surprised she wasn't dead, or alive and scarred and unable to sit after her kidnapping in Valentia. Maybe that would've happened in Jugdral, but somehow the bandits never seemed to have done the one bad thing they're known for other than pillaging.

Est is just resilient.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's a Nintendo game, they can't add any of this stuff.

Because Est really did abandon Abel. She chose to leave him from what I heard. She wasn't kidnapped again.

Anyway, if the one on the left is a Peg knight, I think the hair lines up more with Shanna than Est, now that I look. But since we already have a seasonal Whitewing sister, Est would make sense. She's the most disliked of the three though, so I'd think Palla would get a seasonal before her.

Edited by Anacybele

17 minutes ago, Nym said:

It's a Nintendo game, they can't add any of this stuff.

They can get pretty darned close to it though.

Leen was enslaved more or less in FE4. Lifis sounds like he asked Saphy, a cleric, a favor in return for sex, which she didn't quite understand. Then Perne threatens Tina, Saphy's little sister, with what the player thinks is rape- but only turned out to be putting a bug on her. (So a bunch of the nastier stuff is in Jugdral.) There is unseen but stated to be tortured to death Laguz in a chamber in Path of Radiance, and I thought I recall hearing the details of Scarlet's CQ murder hinting at being a grisly one. Probably a few other moments I could possibly name if I looked.

And nice to see you grace us with your presence of hope and joy our local Eevee!

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Leen was enslaved more or less in FE4. Lifis sounds like he asked Saphy, a cleric, a favor in return for sex, which she didn't quite understand. Then Perne threatens Tina, Saphy's little sister, with what the player thinks is rape- but only turned out to be putting a bug on her. (So a bunch of the nastier stuff is in Jugdral.) There is unseen but stated to be tortured to death Laguz in a chamber in Path of Radiance, and I thought I recall hearing the details of Scarlet's CQ murder hinting at being a grisly one. Probably a few other moments I could possibly name if I looked.

I'm 99% sure that if Nintendo ever remake FE4, they would change a few things because these days, this kind of of stuff on a game made by Nitendo, even with a T rating would be the recipe for a controversy. Torture might not be so bad if not clearly showed and just hinted.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And nice to see you grace us with your presence of hope and joy our local Eevee!

Your welcome, although I didn't expect that at all XD

12 hours ago, zuibangde said:

I'm here thinking what selfish person would hoard 3 buckets at an onsen. 

. . .you just won the topic.  Somehow.

12 minutes ago, Nym said:

I'm 99% sure that if Nintendo ever remake FE4, they would change a few things because these days, this kind of of stuff on a game made by Nitendo, even with a T rating would be the recipe for a controversy. Torture might not be so bad if not clearly showed and just hinted.

Your welcome, although I didn't expect that at all XD

There's also child sacrifice and incest, the latter which is an integral part of FE4.

---

I'd have a nice chuckle if the figure on the left was a pegasus knight we didn't have, like Farina.

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Don't forget that Narcian made it very clear he wanted to rape Clarine in FE6. And don't forget that Valter and Gheb exist.

RD also has a kid getting murdered and revived. Well, technically, Nico wasn't dead, but he might as well have been, he was shot by a Begnion archer and would've been literally dead if Micaiah wasn't there.

19 minutes ago, eclipse said:

There's also child sacrifice and incest, the latter which is an integral part of FE4.

That too.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

RD also has a kid getting murdered and revived. Well, technically, Nico wasn't dead, but he might as well have been, he was shot by a Begnion archer and would've been literally dead if Micaiah wasn't there.

Um well... maybe personal opinion here but I don't think a kid getting shot by an arrow is that controversial. I mean yes it's unfortunate but it's war, something like that might happen. A casualty of war, one of many. But rape has and will always be nothing more than a tool in writing to show how evil someone evil is and most of the time it's not even necessery.

20 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I could swear the one on the right is using a towel as their outfit, but maybe that's a bit too much for FEH...

Fates did it, and I'm pretty sure IS's line at the moment is Summer Corrin's damaged art.

The person on the left reminds me of Hinoka. Though I feel it could be Sakura as someone else pointed out. No idea about the person on the right

8 minutes ago, Arcphoenix said:

Fates did it, and I'm pretty sure IS's line at the moment is Summer Corrin's damaged art.

fun fact about the japanese rating system. It's only rated R if any genitalia are showing(either R or X can't remember exactly)

16 minutes ago, Nym said:

Um well... maybe personal opinion here but I don't think a kid getting shot by an arrow is that controversial. I mean yes it's unfortunate but it's war, something like that might happen. A casualty of war, one of many. But rape has and will always be nothing more than a tool in writing to show how evil someone evil is and most of the time it's not even necessery.

This kid was not a warrior though, he was unarmed and probably like ten years old. It's not like Rolf or Tormod who actually do have weapons and go out and fight.

59 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .you just won the topic.  Somehow.

---

I'd have a nice chuckle if the figure on the left was a pegasus knight we didn't have, like Farina.

please don't joke. Farina was my favorite pegasus sister in 7 and I'd hate to actually have to pull on this banner for her. Although...when (i refuse to believe it's an if) she appears, I hope her Forging Bonds event convos happen with Anna. Two money grubbers conspiring ways to get more coin, even if Farina's greed was altruistic in meaning.

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This kid was not a warrior though, he was unarmed and probably like ten years old. It's not like Rolf or Tormod who actually do have weapons and go out and fight.

You are correct and that's what Fire Emblem is all about, war and the consequences of said war. Soldiers are not only one who die in wars, civilians too suffer from death, torture and sadly, rape.

Although in Fire Emblem, just murder and being pillaged.

Edited by Nym

Just now, Nym said:

You are correct and that's what Fire Emblem is all about, war and the consequences of said war. Soldiers are not only one who die in wars, civilians too suffer from death, torture and sadly, rape.

So rape is part of war, but it's controversial, and the blatant murder of an innocent unarmed kid is part of war, but not controversial. Sorry, but I don't understand the logic here.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So rape is part of war, but it's controversial, and the blatant murder of an innocent unarmed kid is part of war, but not controversial. Sorry, but I don't understand the logic here.

When it comes to fictional works regarding war, rape is always a much more controversial subject than death, even the death of an innocent civilian child. They're not equal in the eyes of most people.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

11 minutes ago, Jave said:

When it comes to fictional works regarding war, rape is always a much more controversial subject than death, even the death of an innocent civilian child. They're not equal in the eyes of most people.

Yes exactly that.

You also have to remember that rape is still a big bane in our society, something that provoke a lot of people.  And as I said, rape in fictional work likes movies or books add nothing to the story, it's just a way for evil people to show how evil they are to the audience. It's just a way for men to torture women.

The only exception is if for example someone who write a detailed scene for the murder of a child with disgusting details like say... cutting member parts or anything like that. THAT would be controversial because just like rape, it adds nothing to the story. You could remove it and it wouldn't changethe story at all.

Edited by Nym

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Thing about this is in FE people die, but the deaths other then the ones mentioned above are not that graphic.  Rape is very controversial because it is graphic and the victim is normally left alive and lives a life worse then death in many cases.  Both are bad, but killing at least once done is over, while rape the after affects last for a lifetime.  

1 hour ago, Nym said:

I argue one thing against this. Micaiah was not at war with Begnion here. It wasn't a war, it was an oppressive force trying to suppress resistance. Furthermore, the arrow was shot and hit Nico on accident. So this wasn't really considered murder or a casualty of war. I would say this was more of an accidental misfire.