Advance Wars

Nightgraves

IS hasn't let anything loose, but it's rather unlikely they would stop... it's not like Fire Emblem has ended :/

I'm hoping for a Wii Wars. TheNintendo Wars series has always been fun, but it's never really had some nice, shiny graphics. It'd be nice for a change--maybe remake Super Famicom Wars with an actual campaign, rather than just a sequence of maps.

Tabitha's at least not as broken as her old man. Caulder alone just breaks the game by saying "Fascinating..." in a tank.

That aside, I wouldn't know if IS has anything up their sleeves in the Wars department, but I'll be there to take it, especially after Days of Ruin. The game is a barrel of laughs and fun.

I just hope they bring the old characters back. The last one was pretty balanced until you unlocked Caulder and Tabitha

Most of the original characters weren't nothing, other than the Samus cameo.

Oh, you meant Advance Wars, not the original Famicom Wars :E

Most of the original characters weren't nothing, other than the Samus cameo.

Oh, you meant Advance Wars, not the original Famicom Wars :E

Old, but not that old XD

Albeit AWDS' story was sort of loose from the line of the previous one.

Bikes were one of the greatest additions, me thinks :3

LolCaulder. The one Infantry army. I never liked AW as much as FE, but I'd like to see a new one.

One bankcrupt army as well...remember all that repairing isn't free...

Bikes were one of the greatest additions, me thinks :3

The move and shoot battleships are nice too (1 less range but move and shoot), makes sea combat funner. Okay well not being on the recieving end when it is Isabella/Catleia with her CO power 7 move and range...

Considering Advance Wars: Dark Conflict/Day of Ruin (I don't get why the translations are so different...they came out within 4 days of each other) still isn't out in Japan (it is slated for Japan release in 2009 as Famicom Wars DS 2) thinking about sequels is a bit immature. All I can say is I wish there were more things for a lone player to actually do in Advance Wars Dark Conflict that don't involve online.

As sad as it is Advance Wars Dual Strike got more play time from me due to having more things to do...I enjoyed the turn maps challenge the most (99 turns to beat the 11 maps). Also, the Combat mode was kind of fun when you had 20 minutes to spare. I can only hope the next advance wars isn't so bare-bones.

Also as far as imitiations go I'm really sad Hudson hasn't shown any interest in reviving Nectaris (Military Madness). Its basically wars with hexagon grid and set on the moon. I should really play it sometime

This is a good franchise as well, I doubt that AW days are over, something definitely will come out later. Sometimes games take time.

I am also holding faith that a sequel to Gladius will emerge soon. ^^ Gladius was awesome.

1. One bankcrupt army as well...remember all that repairing isn't free...

2. Considering Advance Wars: Dark Conflict/Day of Ruin (I don't get why the translations are so different...they came out within 4 days of each other) still isn't out in Japan (it is slated for Japan release in 2009 as Famicom Wars DS 2) thinking about sequels is a bit immature. All I can say is I wish there were more things for a lone player to actually do in Advance Wars Dark Conflict that don't involve online.

As sad as it is Advance Wars Dual Strike got more play time from me due to having more things to do...I enjoyed the turn maps challenge the most (99 turns to beat the 11 maps). Also, the Combat mode was kind of fun when you had 20 minutes to spare. I can only hope the next advance wars isn't so bare-bones.

1. That's why I often place Tabitha above Caulder. You can get a huge advantage from that and basically play around ith him XD

2. Same here for me. It was not the best move to take out the war room plus shop.

It's still the most balanced game in the series.

AWDS was an unbalanced mess of epic proportions.

Prefered Black Hole Rising. I liked the balance in Days of Ruin's balance, but when you leave those two out (Caulder and Tabitha). When you place them you have two overpowered COs over lots of balanced- thus unbalancing the game.

The Tag Power was cool, but not the best for the AWDS. I guess they simply didn't know what to do XD

Tabitha makes one juggernaut unit, and you have four units to spend before her radius grows to boost anything else. Usually two effective units are enough to take it down.

Perfect to distract an enemy or in another instance, just back her up with lots of units.

I played Black Hole Rising again a few weeks ago. I was suprised at how quickly I overran the enemy with tanks and later bombers, two units that can be efficiently countered in Days of Ruin.

The AI sucks, but playing with a friend was nice XD

Well like I had mentioned earlier, she's only overpowering on small maps. On a larger scale, two units isn't going to be a terrible distraction.

Granted, albeit I must point out that on battles on either HQ it may be a huge advantage- regardless of map.

Ocelot, from what I heard from my friend who is a huge Advance Wars fan...Days of Ruin is a LOT harder than your average Advance Wars game. <___< I'm on Chapter 24, I think...and I quit playing it. Even the existence of Cyrus won't have me trying to beat the game...especially after watching how crazy it gets in the last chapter. The only thing I have against this game is re-creating units...but that's because I'm lazy and forget to do it when I need to. :')

However, I think my Advance Wars fanfriends tell me to play the games that came before Days of Ruin. Days of Ruin was more of a avant-garde motive than anything. :B

Ocelot, from what I heard from my friend who is a huge Advance Wars fan...Days of Ruin is a LOT harder than your average Advance Wars game. <___< I'm on Chapter 24, I think...and I quit playing it. Even the existence of Cyrus won't have me trying to beat the game...especially after watching how crazy it gets in the last chapter. The only thing I have against this game is re-creating units...but that's because I'm lazy and forget to do it when I need to. :')

However, I think my Advance Wars fanfriends tell me to play the games that came before Days of Ruin. Days of Ruin was more of a avant-garde motive than anything. :B

Yeah, it's a lot harder. Though I still suck, I have both of the GBA ones, and I haven't beaten either.