Best Pre-promote Paladin

FE6 Pre-promote Paladin  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Pick?

• Marcus
    • Zealot
    • Percival

As the topic title says it all. Who is the best?

Personally, I pick Marcus of all three because he comes on the very first chapter and makes the best meatshield for the early part. I like Percival because he's cool and all. He's probably pretty much the best Pre-promote in this game mainly due to HM bonus and solid base stats around, but the fact he join's later makes his existence negated by you other potential Cavaliers/Paladins...

Well, Marcus is a good meatshield, but his bases are poor to the point where he'll probably get outclassed in about 7 or 8 chapters IIRC... Zealot is self-explanatory, but Percival has good bases and decent enough growths for him to last. I'd place Percival as the best, but Marcus does have his uses.

Now tell me, what could you possibly do with Zealot when you first recruit him when playing a HM run? He could barley touch an enemy at all. what'syourfavoritecolor?

Uuuuuuum, purple!

I was obviously joking. If nothing else, he does help out with fighting off that Treck hating Wyvern Rider. You'll have to recruit him first for him to even attack the jerk, though...

The start of Hard Mode would likely be insanely difficult if you didn't use Marcus, so he does have merit in that. However, while I don't really prefer to use any of them, the trophy would have to go to Percival on this one. (And, at least he's more (albeit slightly, IMO) of an interesting character than Marcus.)

Marcus is insanely helpful in the first few chapters, which is the most difficult part of the game. Maybe I'm just not very good, but I don't think I would have even made it through chapter one on hard mode without him. Zealot is more or less an improved version of Marcus, only he joins seven chapters into the game. Last up is Percival, who I think is the only one of the three that can hold his own later on. Hard mode bonuses make him pretty awesome, although his support list is kind of "blah".

Overall, Percival wins.

Percival for not sucking for majority of the game (possibly the whole game). Marcus makes getting through the first few chapters easier, then after that, he starts to suck. Zealot sucks 100%. It was pointless to put him in like that if you ask me.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

HP: 35

Str: 10

Skill: 12

Spd: 13

Luck: 5

Def: 11

Res: 7

He can't damage enemy units well...

He can double things, use a steel sword without AS loss, use axes, and perhaps most importantly, he can tank.

Edited by Reikken

Percival is the natural best...

He's younger..and looks more agile and serious.

Marcus is just old, but very strong. Zealot...is ok...I guess...if you have nothing else to train...

Edited by EliSoul