How well do you think Three Houses is going to sell?

Guest Irene

This game is going to be the best selling game in the franchise history. So many of the Switch' games have broken their franchise sales records in record time, at that. Xenoblade 2, Kirby Star Allies, etc.

The Switch has crazy momentum right now. Never before in Nintendo's history it seems have so many of their first party games achieved so much success. 

And here's the thing, Fire Emblem first go to where it is now in the 3DS era. With the Switch, it's gonna be bigger then ever.

And as for advertising, Nintendo and Intelligent Systems are starting to go all out in advertising just about now, 90 days before release. We still have E3, Fire Emblem Expo, 

I'm expecting 3-4 million lifetime sales for this game. Fire Emblem is not small fry anymore. Nintendo realizes its value, and will do a lot to make sure it succeeds. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Exactly.

Also folks claiming graphics = quality in 2019.

Quite embarrassing really.

I have never cared for graphics. I think its just usually people whose childhood was mostly PS3 onwards era who wouldn't play old games complain.

Like the game looks much better than Tellius games and instead of appreciating the graphical upgrade they just nitpick why it doesn't looks cutting edge.

As for the topic I think 3Houses is a potential system seller, Nintendo should hurry up and put By/Beleth on Smash and heroes to maximize profits. Like it or not Fates and Awakening have had a positive impact in the series perception and the internet should stop trying to claim otherwise (Never I have ever came across a fanbase as sheltered as the FE one).

I know some friends of mine who never played a Fire Emblem before saw the trailer in the direct, and wanted to try this one because the teacher feature seemed fun and with the tone and artstyle it looks like Hogwarts. So maybe it will get more non-FE fans to get the game too.

6 hours ago, Disclaimer said:

Yoshi sold over a million in days.

Not in Japan though. It only sold 30% of its shipment. 1 million is also bad for a casual targeted game like Yoshi. For animu focused game that would be acceptable.

2 minutes ago, Arvin said:

Not in Japan though. It only sold 30% of its shipment. 1 million is also bad for a casual targeted game like Yoshi. For animu focused game that would be acceptable.

Is it bad? That figure is from just a month after release. If it were a game with Mario in the title, maybe that's a little low for a first month. But I think Yoshi is more than fine performing that well. There's only a couple dozen Switch titles confirmed to surpass 1 million that we know of. 

Maybe we get a demo before the full game Releases ? That would be really neat.

And to be fair, since this game is on the Switch it will be compared to the Tellius Games. While Path of Radiance and RD may not be perfect , 3 Houses has some big footsteps to fill out.

I hope we get some Information on the online Features. I would not mind if they scratched the online PvP matches . The ones in Fates were....not exactly great thanks to certain hackers.

18 minutes ago, Arvin said:

One million in three days. That's not bad by any metric. And it sold 53k in Japan in the first week, topping charts there (and handily surpassing Woolly World's JP 3DS launch numbers). 

Additionally, despite Yoshi's casual audience, the series hasn't historically pulled off consistently high sales. For instance, Yoshi's Woolly World had sold just 1.37m WW the year after its launch. The last Yoshi game to surpass 3m was over a decade ago, and none of the ones since have reached 2m alone. 

The narrative that Yoshi's Crafted World "flopped" is just not in bearing with reality. It did very well for what it is and how it does historically. Nintendo's first party games on the Switch have held their evergreen status, too, so it should continue to do very well over time — I'd wager it'll be the best selling Yoshi in a long time. 

Now that we've established the flop narrative isn't true, we can conclude that Three Houses isn't doomed for having a delay; in actual fact, the delay should increase the game's quality, which will improve how well it reviews, and the word-of-mouth it carries. We should really be grateful the game didn't launch in a premature rush and suffer accordingly.  

Edited by Disclaimer

15 hours ago, Disclaimer said:

The narrative that Yoshi's Crafted World "flopped" is just not in bearing with reality. It did very well for what it is and how it does historically. Nintendo's first party games on the Switch have held their evergreen status, too, so it should continue to do very well over time — I'd wager it'll be the best selling Yoshi in a long time.

Because clickbait writers always compared it to Yoshi's Island 1 ,

which was considered as main line Mario game rather than a Yoshi's standalone game, thus reflecting it's budget and advertisement difference.