Been having a lot of fun with Ys 8

Jedi

2 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:
39 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Whatcha playing it on? Also, who's your favorite character thus far?

How were you able to find it? I keep going to the video game store near where I live, and I can't find a single copy of it.

I found a PS4 copy on Amazon! 

And my favorite character to use thus far is probably Hummel but I like using everyone. 

I've been considering getting this for Switch, I'm generally willing to expand my JRPG palette, but I keep waiting for a price drop or sale.

...And right now as I check prices yet again, I see it is on sale on Switch for 30% off for Golden Week. Thanks to NIS America apparently, despite it being a demon to the game's translation. Unfortunately I've spent my week's budget on Etrian Odyssey Nexus on sale (should have waited until PQ2 drops- I'm thinking there will be another sale then). And l've exhausted a gift request on a copy of the old DS game Infinite Space. Oh well, I'm sure there will be another eventually.

I've been hesitant over the port quality of Ys VIII, but I've heard it actually runs decently undocked. And while I initially thought I'd rarely use my Switch when undocked, I've actually really come to like it that way, a big screen is just imposing and monopolizing at times, a smaller screen makes it feel like I'm wasting my time less.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've been considering getting this for Switch, I'm generally willing to expand my JRPG palette, but I keep waiting for a price drop or sale.

...And right now as I check prices yet again, I see it is on sale on Switch for 30% off for Golden Week. Thanks to NIS America apparently, despite it being a demon to the game's translation. Unfortunately I've spent my week's budget on Etrian Odyssey Nexus on sale (should have waited until PQ2 drops- I'm thinking there will be another sale then). And l've exhausted a gift request on a copy of the old DS game Infinite Space. Oh well, I'm sure there will be another eventually.

I've been hesitant over the port quality of Ys VIII, but I've heard it actually runs decently undocked. And while I initially thought I'd rarely use my Switch when undocked, I've actually really come to like it that way, a big screen is just imposing and monopolizing at times, a smaller screen makes it feel like I'm wasting my time less.

From what I've heard the Switch port got fixed up a fair bit by patches in the months after release, and the script is finally alright overall. 

I played it on the switch and I was happy with it. Maybe I am just easy to please who knows. I know that the Steam port was a Desaster at the beginning through a friend. xD But switch is ok. And I'd like to support Nihon Falcom on Switch anyway. so they bring more games on Nintendo consoles.. 

• 4 weeks later...