Let's Discuss Legendary Heroes

Icelerate

Pertaining to the future of legendary heroes.   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be more legendary heroes after the two charts are filled?

2. 2. Which four lords do you want to see get a legendary alt?

3. 3. Which four lords do you think will get a legendary alt?

There's totally gonna be more Legendary heroes. There's too many major characters left to stop yet.

I WANT Eliwood, Celica, Leif, and either Seliph or Sigurd. I'd probably pick Seliph because he's usually considered THE main character of Genealogy of the Holy War.

I EXPECT Eliwood, Celica, Corrin, and Micaiah. No way they're gonna screw Eliwood, Celica, or Micaiah out of it since they're CYL winners, and Corrin is Corrin so Fates bias because Heroes has Fates bias bleh.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

As much as I dislike the exclusivity of the pair-up legendary heroes, I really think that since they're here and they're rather crucial to Allegiance Battles (which themselves are becoming more important from this week onwards) means I think we should have at least another round of them. I'm thinking it may even go to four rounds: one for each movement type so people can take proper movement emblem teams to the mode.

The identity of the specific heroes doesn't matter much to me, unless they happen to be the few characters I'm particularly fond of. Since the chances of any of them being selected is essentially nil, I'm happy for it to be anyone, alt or otherwise, lord or otherwise. Down with the monarchy!

In the meanwhile, I will absolutely continue prioritising Legendary heroes over Mythic ones - even old, near-outdated Legendaries over shiny new Mythics. I may have crumbled and finally started to do ARs, but there's still a ridiculously disproportionate amount of attention given to summoning for and building units for that specific mode when it's one of the least rewarding modes in the game. Legendary heroes are relevant for 90%+ of the content in the game, Mythic ones are not. And while I now know that Mythic heroes count as having an omni-blessing in regular modes, unless I can heavily merge one they're still an inferior choice to common, easily merged regular units with blessings. And in any case, I won't need more than one such unit anyway, probably Eir due to her ubiquity.

Mythic heroes are relevant for any content you field them in, they just don't have their elemental effects. They're still as relevant as any other 5* exclusive non-legendary unit.

39 minutes ago, Othin said:

Mythic heroes are relevant for any content you field them in, they just don't have their elemental effects. They're still as relevant as any other 5* exclusive non-legendary unit.

In terms of general content, Legendary units are a lot less interchangeable than Mythic units in terms of which one you field, so having a greater variety of them is more relevant. Yes, in ARs you want Mythics of every type, but for general content, they all carry the same bonus. Furthermore, ongoing powercreep means that Legendaries need to be refreshed periodically as to not fall behind and become a liability on your blessing teams. For the moment I'm content with the 50:50 rate of additions to both the Legendary and Mythic rosters, but there should absolutely continue to be more Legendary units than there are Mythic ones.

I'm not exactly turning down Mythic heroes, but the fact that they take the place of Legendary heroes, both in terms of new ones being added and old ones being re-run is unfortunate. Perhaps they should run two 8% banners at the end of every month, one for each type. ?

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

I may have crumbled and finally started to do ARs, but there's still a ridiculously disproportionate amount of attention given to summoning for and building units for that specific mode when it's one of the least rewarding modes in the game.

Maintaining your current tier is relatively easy since you can half-ass your offense and still gain enough points to offset your losses on defense (I forgot to do Aether Raids today with 235 Lift left over and I was still in Tier 22). The primary difficulty comes from climbing to Tier 21, Tier 20, and maybe Tier 19.

Sharena, 2 M!Corrins, and 2 Eirs cost 80,000 Hero Feathers (20,000 of it is for getting Guard 3 for Sharena), 600 Divine Dew, and enough Orbs to get Distant Counter (for Sharena) and the second Eir. The build is not exactly cheap, but it definitely is a lot cheaper than what people have spent on Arena, Arena Assault Team 1, and Allegiance Battle. That team should have no problem letting you cruise at Tier 18, and with effort and luck, it can take you to Tier 21. The climb is slow though since it is hard to climb past Tier 18 without Sharena being a bonus unit.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

Maintaining your current tier is relatively easy since you can half-ass your offense and still gain enough points to offset your losses on defense (I forgot to do Aether Raids today with 235 Lift left over and I was still in Tier 22). The primary difficulty comes from climbing to Tier 21, Tier 20, and maybe Tier 19.

Sharena, 2 M!Corrins, and 2 Eirs cost 80,000 Hero Feathers (20,000 of it is for getting Guard 3 for Sharena), 600 Divine Dew, and enough Orbs to get Distant Counter (for Sharena) and the second Eir. The build is not exactly cheap, but it definitely is a lot cheaper than what people have spent on Arena, Arena Assault Team 1, and Allegiance Battle. That team should have no problem letting you cruise at Tier 18, and with effort and luck, it can take you to Tier 21. The climb is slow though since it is hard to climb past Tier 18 without Sharena being a bonus unit.

It's more that I'm musing about how much stuff there is related to ARs when all told, it's a fairly minor part of the game. There are Mythic heroes, Mythic blessing, AR-specific skills, multiple resources like Aether Stones, R&R Affinity and Heavenly Dew. All of these exist for a game mode that only really gives Grails and Dragonflowers.

To contrast, the Pair-up system only really exists for ABs, and the Duel skills are common to Arena, AAs and ABs. Beyond that, I can't think of any other mechanic that's specific to only a small subset of game modes. The tools that exist for ARs are entirely disproportionate to the actual importance of the mode.

4 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It's more that I'm musing about how much stuff there is related to ARs when all told, it's a fairly minor part of the game. There are Mythic heroes, Mythic blessing, AR-specific skills, multiple resources like Aether Stones, R&R Affinity and Heavenly Dew. All of these exist for a game mode that only really gives Grails and Dragonflowers.

Grails are basically Orbs though, and both are pretty important resources. Grails and Orbs can be used for merges and Skill Inheritance. Dragonflowers are also basically Orbs in way, as it increases stats like merging, so it is pretty important too.

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

To contrast, the Pair-up system only really exists for ABs, and the Duel skills are common to Arena, AAs and ABs. Beyond that, I can't think of any other mechanic that's specific to only a small subset of game modes. The tools that exist for ARs are entirely disproportionate to the actual importance of the mode.

I do not think it is that disproportionate. Colosseum got Duel skills and Aether Raids got AR skills. The only skill Aether Raids got extra is Disarm Trap. 

14 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Regular Arena has a resource exclusive to it that takes up real estate at the top-right corner of the screen next to the far more universal Orbs, Feathers, and Stamina.

Arena Assault has 10 different resources exclusive to it and gets its own button in the bottom menu when inside a map to use said resources.