Kotaku Tutoring Gameplay

Azz

So Kotaku posted a short video showing off tutoring

When I say short, it's very short (and doesn't really show much tutoring tbh). However we do see Byleth interacting with Rhea (who sounds like Cherami Leigh) and it shows that Petra is actually classed as a Commoner rather than a Noble.

18 minutes ago, Azz said:

So Kotaku posted a short video showing off tutoring

When I say short, it's very short (and doesn't really show much tutoring tbh). However we do see Byleth interacting with Rhea (who sounds like Cherami Leigh) and it shows that Petra is actually classed as a Commoner rather than a Noble.

Well, that's... unusual. She is the granddaughter of a king, how can she be a commoner?

1 minute ago, MetalAmethyst said:

Well, that's... unusual. She is the granddaughter of a king, how can she be a commoner?

She's a noble in her nation, but not recognized as such in Fodlan or Adrestia perhaps. Not to mention noble seems to specifically mean you are a descendant of one of the 10 elites or some such.

So you learn spells by leveling up Reason (and I assume Faith). That was pretty likely, but it's nice to have confirmation anyway. I wonder if each character will have a unique spell list, or at least the characters with strengths. I wonder what this means for legendary spells, though. Will there be another way to learn spells, maybe?

Edited by BastienSoul

Just now, Mysterique Sign said:

So the voice we here at the end of the trailer is probably her

"How lovely it would be for this moment to last forever"

More than likely (I believe someone also mentioned that in the Japanese trailer, it did sound like Rhea's voice, though I can't clarify since I haven't watched it).

1 hour ago, ArsSanctum said:

She's a noble in her nation, but not recognized as such in Fodlan or Adrestia perhaps. Not to mention noble seems to specifically mean you are a descendant of one of the 10 elites or some such.

Kind of like how Mercedes should be a noble given her heritage in Adrestia, yet she's a commoner in Faerghus. Same concept here.

I suspect this was visible once before(and maybe it's in VincentASM's latest analysis), but apparently if your pass rate for a class exam is lower than a certain percentage(25% here), you can't even attempt it at all.

Linhardt has a E in lances and swords, this gives him a 25% chance of passing the Myrmidon and Soldier exams, but when it comes to Fighter, even though he has E axes and fists(named "brawl" here), just his E+ in bows seem to be enough to bump his chance up to 65%, which is interesting.

20 hours ago, Cysx said:

just his E+ in bows seem to be enough to bump his chance up to 65%, which is interesting.

For the Fighter class only requires you to get D in one of the three weapons. It says so in the official site.

Just now, Jayvee94 said:

For the Fighter class only requires you to get D in one of the three weapons. It says so in the official site.

Yeah, I know.
...I mean, I really don't, thanks for the confirmation, I said that because it was already hinted at before; but, if Linhardt had like, E+ bow and axes, it could have made it seem like both contributed to the boost in chance(and they might, I don't think we've been shown), but no, just one E+ is enough to build that much on the pass rate apparently. Felt like it was worth pointing out.

Still not quite sure what that bar in the middle is though... has that been revealed yet?

20 hours ago, Cysx said:

but, if Linhardt had like, E+ bow and axes, it could have made it seem like both contributed to the boost in chance

I honestly suspect they use the MAX (excel) function. Meaning whichever is the highest of the three.

This is in contrast with Armor Knight (C in Axe AND D in Heavy Armor) and Cavalier (C in Lance AND D in riding)

1 minute ago, Jayvee94 said:

I honestly suspect they use the MAX (excel) function. Meaning whichever is the highest of the three.

This is in contrast with Armor Knight (C in Axe AND D in Heavy Armor) and Cavalier (C in Lance AND D in riding)

- Very possible.

- Which is a godsend by the way. Restrict mounted units as much as possible(sorry armor knights, though), because they're on their way to breaking this game harder than Byl... wait, Byleth can fly and still use swords here.

... the end is nigh isn't it.

20 hours ago, Cysx said:

Byleth can fly and still use swords here.

... the end is nigh isn't it.

F!Byleth

Strength: Sword, Lance, Flying, Authority

Class Path: Commoner -> Soldier-> Pegasus Knight -> Wyvern Rider

2 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

F!Byleth

Strength: Sword, Lance, Flying, Authority

Class Path: Commoner -> Soldier-> Pegasus Knight -> Wyvern Rider

"sigh"

I hope class weapon specialties actually make a difference at least... javelin seem to be unrestricted 1-2 range again, too.

... but that's enough pessimism for the day.

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

"sigh"

I hope class weapon specialties actually make a difference at least... javelin seem to be unrestricted 1-2 range again, too.

... but that's enough pessimism for the day.

I believe the site said that using proficient weapons in classes help raise the associated weapon skills faster. So your lance rank with grow faster than your sword rank if were a pegasus knight. But I agree, I hope there is more than just boosted weapon exp.

EDIT: I just realised this is wrong since pegasus knights actually have swords as one of heir preferred weapons... 

Edited by Azz

I could totally see each unit having a unique list of 6 spells earned from levelling Reason and Faith ranks from E to S; with class skills giving access to more sprinkled in. It seems as though Annette is a wind mage with access to both Wind and Cutting Gale; meanwhile Dorothea has access to Thunder; and multiple others can use Fire, including Hubert; Dorothea and Byleth.

Spells seem to have a specific number of uses per map which is interesting but I hope it's not too generous - a maximum of say 20 for the basic Fire; Thunder; Wind magics; with 3, 2 or 1 use for the ultimate late game spells.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

20 hours ago, Azz said:

I believe the site said that using proficient weapons in classes help raise the associated weapon skills faster. So your lance rank with grow faster than your sword rank if were a pegasus knight. But I agree, I hope there is more than just boosted weapon exp.

I believe we still need to distinguish between boosted skills vs skill requirements. For Example, Cavalier has boosted skills in Sword, Lance and Riding but only requires C in Lance and D in Riding to be certified in it. 

17 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I could totally see each unit having a unique list of 6 spells earned from levelling Reason and Faith ranks from E to S; with class skills giving access to more sprinkled in. It seems as though Annette is a wind mage with access to both Wind and Cutting Gale; meanwhile Dorothea has access to Thunder; and multiple others can use Fire, including Hubert; Dorothea and Byleth.

Spells seem to have a specific number of uses per map which is interesting but I hope it's not too generous - a maximum of say 20 for the basic Fire; Thunder; Wind magics; with 3, 2 or 1 use for the ultimate late game spells.

We know that some spells, like Fire are reserved to a specific class.

Mage can use Fire,Dark Mage can use Miasma, but if they are already proficient in it, the use is doubled.

Faith seems to works the same way

Edited by Tamanoir

21 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I could totally see each unit having a unique list of 6 spells earned from levelling Reason and Faith ranks from E to S

I'm gonna raise that up to 11 that incudes E+, D+ etc

58 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

It seems as though Annette is a wind mage with access to both Wind and Cutting Gale

Please don't say these things to me.

... she's at B+ reason magic in the Cutting Gale footage, so it could be a late spell everyone gets. Still, access to Wind as a commoner is potentially a bit rarer.

12 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Please don't say these things to me.

... she's at B+ reason magic in the Cutting Gale footage, so it could be a late spell everyone gets. Still, access to Wind as a commoner is potentially a bit rarer.

But with the footage we've seen so far she's the only unit with either wind spell so it's likely her spell list sorta revolves around it to a certain extent.

1 hour ago, Tamanoir said:

We know that some spells, like Fire are reserved to a specific class.

Mage can use Fire,Dark Mage can use Miasma, but if they are already proficient in it, the use is doubled.

Faith seems to works the same way

Fire can be learned by levelling Reason rank as shown by Byleth in the Kotaku clip; by becoming a mage though the amount of uses of Fire per map doubles due to the class skill the Mage class grants.