GameInformer confirms no Multiplayer

59 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

honestly I think that skills in general have really muddied fire emblem's mechanics, like, in radiant dawn they were fine because they could be easily ignored and were relatively unintrusive (mastery skills were broken though, bk does set 255 damage when eclipse activates that is 4 times what you need to kill most enemies), but the lack of skills like parity or nihil in recent games have broken most of them beyond belief and much as I enjoy them for screwing about replicate and warp were mistakes.

I agree somewhat, I think some recent skills are fine, but I think a lot were taking the concept to its limits. Its why Im glad they are focusing on Combat Arts, since they seem to be taking some of these skills and turning them into arts that are used with a cost, rather than random triggers. We've already seen some of the weapon breaker skills as arts, which I think is going to be a better system.

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I agree somewhat, I think some recent skills are fine, but I think a lot were taking the concept to its limits. Its why Im glad they are focusing on Combat Arts, since they seem to be taking some of these skills and turning them into arts that are used with a cost, rather than random triggers. We've already seen some of the weapon breaker skills as arts, which I think is going to be a better system.

I actually think the combat arts system would have been better for multiplayer provided they increase the durability loss in multiplayer, if only because it doesn't require chance.

3 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I actually think the combat arts system would have been better for multiplayer provided they increase the durability loss in multiplayer, if only because it doesn't require chance.

Same, it would have been a lot better because there are ways you could plan around it, where the skills in Fates for example are too much of a wildcard to be able to plan around.

I wouldnt mind whatever comes after 3H to reintroduce Multiplayer just to see how different it would be, if the recent FE pattern continues and they take what 3H does and builds upon it.

Edited by Tolvir

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

This + hacking.

And tying the whole MyCastle resource system to it, throwing part of the game balance out of wack. Can't forget that.

Gee, such a surprise. I mean Fire Emblem is such a mutiplayer oriented series ! 😛

Good riddance I say, it wasn't even good in Fates or Awakening, and caused problems.

Really disappointing.  Always thought that Fire Emblem had a lot of potential with multiplayer (either co-op or competitive).  Even if past attempts at implementation have fallen somewhat short, it’s sad that they’re giving up on it entirely.  

Imagine being able able to battle with or against a friend in preset battles, with custom armies of generics (think point buy to create), getting to do a full-out battle against your friend (no 5 unit only mini-squads), and/or having extra difficult 2 player maps you would need to cooperate with a friend to beat.  It’s a great way to have fun with friends or introduce a new player into the game.  The game already lends itself well enough to mp (as far as any turn-based game can anyways) and it’s easy to imagine how such an implementation would work.  

It always dismays me when a series with so much potential for mp either ignores it or doesn't bother putting it in.  I will continue hoping for the day when Fire Emblem is no longer one of those series.  

• 11 months later...
On 6/15/2019 at 10:47 PM, DystopianAlphaOmega said:

Really disappointing.  Always thought that Fire Emblem had a lot of potential with multiplayer (either co-op or competitive).  Even if past attempts at implementation have fallen somewhat short, it’s sad that they’re giving up on it entirely.  

Imagine being able able to battle with or against a friend in preset battles, with custom armies of generics (think point buy to create), getting to do a full-out battle against your friend (no 5 unit only mini-squads), and/or having extra difficult 2 player maps you would need to cooperate with a friend to beat.  It’s a great way to have fun with friends or introduce a new player into the game.  The game already lends itself well enough to mp (as far as any turn-based game can anyways) and it’s easy to imagine how such an implementation would work.  

It always dismays me when a series with so much potential for mp either ignores it or doesn't bother putting it in.  I will continue hoping for the day when Fire Emblem is no longer one of those series.  

Based on your idea, they should just make a new Wars game, considering that it wasn't until the Wars series went on indefinite hiatus that Fire Emblem began Multiplayer, if you don't count GBA fights.