Famitsu Online Article Drops

Azz

From @VincentASM's coverage we have a list of lost items. Any guesses?

• White Gloves - A few characters wear these. Hubert and Ferdinand seem the most prominent.
  • Raitei Replica - Presumably a swordsman/woman. Felix? 
  • Needle and Thread - Mercedes strikes me as someone who likes to sew.
  • Red Artificial Flower - Lorenz
  • Handwritten Map - Adventurous character... Ashe or Caspar? Or maybe Bernadetta's hobby is treasure hunting?
  • Motion Sickness Herb - Marianne appears the most like she needs medicinals. 
  • Dodgy Handkerchief - I would have said Lorenz... Sylvain?
  • Feather-stuffed Pillow - Linhardt
  • Holey Jacket - Leonie?
  • Magic Academy Textbook - Annette?
  • Archbishop’s Portrait - I'll guess Ingrid (she does have that faith proficiency...)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People have pointed this out already, but the bonus to certain tasks with free time seems more tied to the character's interests than their abilities given that Hilda and Dorothea like choir practice but have weaknesses in Faith (initially, at least for Dorothea) which brings me to another question:

Where did everyone get the Idea the Bernadetta has a strength in Heavy Armor? like do we have confirmation in a tutoring screen that shows it?

People keep citing the fact that she has a bonus in the Group task for Weeding, but I have a feeling that might just be based on her liking the task rather than her skill at it. Same with Petra and Flying.

The portrait is definitely meant for Ignatz. Otherwise I think Mercedes and Marianne are the most religious of the bunch.

I know Claude was going over a map in the Golden Deer introduction video.

Raitei is the Hero Relic corresponding to Lysithea's Crest of Charon.

Lorenz, Mercedes and Annette all went to the magic academy, but Lysithea seems the most interested in learning more about magic.

Annette is clumsy so maybe that could give her motion sickness problems maybe? If not her then someone who flies a lot.

I think a lot of gifts are meant to work for multiple students, though.

1 hour ago, Marros said:

People have pointed this out already, but the bonus to certain tasks with free time seems more tied to the character's interests than their abilities given that Hilda and Dorothea like choir practice but have weaknesses in Faith (initially, at least for Dorothea) which brings me to another question:

Where did everyone get the Idea the Bernadetta has a strength in Heavy Armor? like do we have confirmation in a tutoring screen that shows it?

People keep citing the fact that she has a bonus in the Group task for Weeding, but I have a feeling that might just be based on her liking the task rather than her skill at it. Same with Petra and Flying.

The group tasks (weeding, stable duty, and sky watch) aren't Free Time tasks, they're during the week's instruction. They seem pretty clearly geared towards covering the 3 skill levels that you can't build in any way on the battlefield, namely heavy armor, flying and riding. They're pretty much the only way to train skill in those areas.

Compare the selection screens for group tasks and free time:

Spoiler

088-Group.jpg

022-choir.jpg

Weeding has armor rank listed for the students in your house, right on the selection screen. Choir practice doesn't list faith, only motivation level. That's probably because Free Time tasks all have a variety of purposes, like building supports (even with students not in your house), motivation, and also skills. But not every one of them is related to a skill, such as dinner parties.

Now, the group tasks do grant support and other bonuses too. And it's true that blue arrows are used all over the game, so we don't have hard confirmation that Bernie has a strength in armor. But I'm almost positive that the arrows in the group task screen indicate skill proficiencies. Btw we know Edelgard has a strength in armor in Black Eagles as well.... and of course she's the only one you can't see in that screenshot, lol.

Edited by Lynsanity

9 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

The group tasks (weeding, stable duty, and sky watch) aren't Free Time tasks, they're during the week's instruction. They seem pretty clearly geared towards covering the 3 skill levels that you can't build in any way on the battlefield, namely heavy armor, flying and riding. They're pretty much the only way to train skill in those areas.

Compare the selection screens for group tasks and free time:

Reveal hidden contents

088-Group.jpg

022-choir.jpg

Weeding has armor rank listed for the students in your house, right on the selection screen. Choir practice doesn't list faith, only motivation level. That's probably because Free Time tasks all have a variety of purposes, like building supports (even with students not in your house), motivation, and also skills. But not every one of them is related to a skill, such as dinner parties.

Now, the group tasks do grant support and other bonuses too. And it's true that blue arrows are used all over the game, so we don't have hard confirmation that Bernie has a strength in armor. But I'm almost positive that the arrows in the group task screen indicate skill proficiencies. Btw we know Edelgard has a strength in armor in Black Eagles as well.... and of course she's the only one you can't see in that screenshot, lol.

I had not thought of it that way, you make a good point. Definitely an odd choice for Bernie though, given the Armor classes seem to require axes, one of her weaknesses.

5 minutes ago, Marros said:

I had not thought of it that way, you make a good point. Definitely an odd choice for Bernie though, given the Armor classes seem to require axes, one of her weaknesses.

Yeah, it's weird that armor knights are more associated with axes in this game. Luckily, for class change exams you don't need to meet every requirement to have a good pass rate. Bernie with a C in armor and an E in axes would probably pass into armor knight just fine (and then make use of her lance strength!)

It might be tougher to get her into Fortress though. I'm still hoping for a 4th tier class that's both heavy armor and riding, or even heavy armor and magic-enabled.

4 hours ago, LSM said:

From @VincentASM's coverage we have a list of lost items. Any guesses?

• White Gloves - A few characters wear these. Hubert and Ferdinand seem the most prominent.
  • Raitei Replica - Presumably a swordsman/woman. Felix? 
  • Needle and Thread - Mercedes strikes me as someone who likes to sew.
  • Red Artificial Flower - Lorenz
  • Handwritten Map - Adventurous character... Ashe or Caspar? Or maybe Bernadetta's hobby is treasure hunting?
  • Motion Sickness Herb - Marianne appears the most like she needs medicinals. 
  • Dodgy Handkerchief - I would have said Lorenz... Sylvain?
  • Feather-stuffed Pillow - Linhardt
  • Holey Jacket - Leonie?
  • Magic Academy Textbook - Annette?
  • Archbishop’s Portrait - I'll guess Ingrid (she does have that faith proficiency...)

Rhea's Portrait would be either Marianne who is very devout or Sylvain (I think it was him at least) who think she is hot. 

5 hours ago, Lynsanity said:

Yeah, it's weird that armor knights are more associated with axes in this game. Luckily, for class change exams you don't need to meet every requirement to have a good pass rate. Bernie with a C in armor and an E in axes would probably pass into armor knight just fine (and then make use of her lance strength!)

It might be tougher to get her into Fortress though. I'm still hoping for a 4th tier class that's both heavy armor and riding, or even heavy armor and magic-enabled.

It would appear that for classes based around movement type, you do need both.
zMkphSF.jpg

Besides, Bernadetta's case is a weird one, as to my knowledge, no strength has ever had a lower starting rank than E+(would love to be proved wrong), but she apparently starts at E armor.

8 hours ago, ayahitaisyou said:

You can do scout command not really mean they can be scouted.

I mean they can still reject you after you ask, and don't need to cancel scout command directly.

True, but it would be the same as showing the pegasus knight option for males, only to tell the player that it's inaccessible once they've selected it. It's not impossible but the logical way to do things is to not put the option in at all.

Edited by Cysx

57 minutes ago, Cysx said:

It would appear that for classes based around movement type, you do need both.
zMkphSF.jpg

Besides, Bernadetta's case is a weird one, as to my knowledge, no strength has ever had a lower starting rank than E+(would love to be proved wrong), but she apparently starts at E armor.

True, but it would be the same as showing the pegasus knight option for males, only to tell the player that it's inaccessible once they've selected it. It's not impossible but the logical way to do things is to not put the option in at all.

I don't think that's the case. We know all perquisites for reclassing, there's (probably) no hidden attribute. In other hand whether succeed or fail depend on person in question alone and you don't know (even if you do) how they answer. 

Well it's not like I think 3H will necessarily do it that way. 

18 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I don't think that's the case. We know all perquisites for reclassing, there's (probably) no hidden attribute. In other hand whether succeed or fail depend on person in question alone and you don't know (even if you do) how they answer. 

Well it's not like I think 3H will necessarily do it that way.

But you would know how they answer by there simply not being the option is the thing. It's not about the prerequisites if they are recruitable, but the binary choice "recruitable period, yes or no".
Plus, the fact that you can scout even when you don't have the right stats yet implies that the option isn't time-sensitive, that it appears for everyone at once. If that's correct there's nothing confusing really.

Edited by Cysx

Or you would get to now answer after asking l, which would be more realistic. Commands serve to tell Byleth what they should doand only that. There is no reason for it also tell you whether it succeed 

Keep things simple is nice, but so is adding flavor. 

53 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Or you would get to now answer after asking l, which would be more realistic. Commands serve to tell Byleth what they should doand only that. There is no reason for it also tell you whether it succeed 

Keep things simple is nice, but so is adding flavor. 

I'm not denying that it's possible, I will however maintain that it makes little sense in the context of a video game. Commands are really about what you can do; giving a "recruit" option to someone who cannot be recruited period is counter-intuitive, just like putting the option to try and become a Pegasus knight for males(which could also add flavor if we're going to make that argument) when they can't.

You're thinking in terms of realism but commands in video games rarely have realism as their main focus; instead, they tend to go for "straightforward and easy to understand", like pretty much any good interface I can think of. As a result, it's more logical to think of the "Scout" option for Marianne as "serves the purpose the scout option serves for seemingly everyone else" rather than "actually serves a different purpose entirely, most of which could have been fulfilled by not having the option at all".
That doesn't prove it, but that's the logic.

9 hours ago, Lynsanity said:

That's only true for Beginner classes. Beginner classes only need you to meet one of the requirements, while Intermediate and Advanced classes require you to meet all the requirements. You can see that they have different wording when you reclass.

Edit: By Tenzen's logic there should be an option to recruit every single enemy unit in the game, since some enemy units can be recruited i nevery Fire Emblem game. If tha tenemy unit is unrecruitable it will just say so when you try to recruit them.

Edited by Druplesnubb

I think @Cysx has the just of it: in what appears to be a Blue Lions playthrough, Caspar has the option to be scouted (at the top) while Ingrid does not. 

068-tea-party-300x169.jpg  056-tea-party-300x169.jpg

//

Something that just occurred to me: we see in the article that Petra requires the player to have Riding skill to recruit. But have we seen a way for Byleth to raise any of their movement skill levels? They can't Tutor themselves, Seminars/Faculty Training seems to have available everything else, and they can't assign themselves to Group Tasks. 

Edited by LSM

19 minutes ago, LSM said:

I think @Cysx has the just of it: in what appears to be a Blue Lions playthrough, Caspar has the option to be scouted (at the top) while Ingrid does not. 

068-tea-party-300x169.jpg  056-tea-party-300x169.jpg

I have to agree. They appear to be mostly associating Male Byleth with the Black Eagles and Female Byleth with the Blue Lions.

40 minutes ago, LSM said:

Something that just occurred to me: we see in the article that Petra requires the player to have Riding skill to recruit. But have we seen a way for Byleth to raise any of their movement skill levels? They can't Tutor themselves, Seminars/Faculty Training seems to have available everything else, and they can't assign themselves to Group Tasks.  

Faculty training would be the only way, I suppose, and then being in the relevant classes during combat. We know Alois can teach armored, at least:
kjKoEuN.jpg

Your question did give me pause for a second, though. It's true we haven't seen many ways at this point.
Edit: ... and Hanneman teaches riding:
3pGmWx0.jpg

Edited by Cysx

Yeah, it seems like the trick is to build up your movement skill levels via Faculty Training, then reclass to a Cavalier or Armored Knight and level up the skill level that way. Flying is tougher since male Byleth doesn't have Pegasus Knight.

Ah! Thanks, I had missed those (I had only seen faculty training with Rhea). I guess Seteth will probably teach Flying?

Also, have we seen if we can set a custom focus for ourselves? The Kotaku video had some screentime with the Goals menu, and it looked like Byleth was absent.

I think Ferdinand just rocketed up to my favorite character. Godspeed you slippery, treasonous little dastard. Live your truth. Overthrow the empire.

For the lost items— do we know if characters can have multiple lost items? I know Linhardt’s is probably the pillow, but if characters can have multiple, I can potentially see him having the Raitei since he has an interest in crest research.

50 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

I'm more curious about the flower that Lorenz has. Since he normally wears one on his chest, does that mean when we find the flower he won't be wearing his, or does he have multiple?

I am guessing he has multiple. A vain person like him would have spares for various occasions or if he lost one or two. It would be really, really funny if he had it missing though. Like how Fates had a specific Leo model with his collar inside out XD

I wonder, would this be the last Famitsu article? The game is out in a month, so i dont know if they would give us this much new info just before is out.

1 hour ago, Nio said:

I wonder, would this be the last Famitsu article?

It's a weekly magazine, so there could possibly be more articles.

Edited by Siskan

1 hour ago, Nio said:

I wonder, would this be the last Famitsu article? The game is out in a month, so i dont know if they would give us this much new info just before is out.

Possible, but unlikely.

We still need the latter half of the Advanced classes.

The next article might be the last one until the big release blow out. Unless that's what the next article is.