The Dawn Brigade

Leo's earlygame is worse. Using your logic, he'll be replaced on the backlines by Micaiah and Ilyana.

Then the fact that he can't counterattck melee units, sealing Leo's fate.

Actually if you play smart, then Leonardo's early game aint half bad.

Ilyana replaces noone... Replacements really only work out when the unit replacing the benched unit is better at that unit's job. Edward gets replaced by Nolan and Aran, who are much better at frontlining. Leonardo is much better than Illyana at backlining.

Micaiah is a required unit. She gets plenty of experience without taking to many kills. Leonardo can level up without killing, helping other units level up with those kills. Once in a while you can even give Leonardo a kill. Then BEXP or a Master Crown will make him good. It all pays off when he becomes a Marksman, which really comes in handy on 3-13.

Edited by Chris Lionheart

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually if you play smart, then Leonardo's early game aint half bad.

Ilyana replaces noone... Replacements really only work out when the unit replacing the benched unit is better at that unit's job. Edward gets replaced by Nolan and Aran, who are much better at frontlining. Leonardo is much better than Illyana at backlining.

Micaiah is a required unit. She gets plenty of experience without taking to many kills. Leonardo can level up without killing, helping other units level up with those kills. Once in a while you can even give Leonardo a kill. Then BEXP or a Master Crown will make him good. It all pays off when he becomes a Marksman, which really comes in handy on 3-13.

If you play it smart, Edward's early game can be great. That logic can go with anyone except Fiona. :F

With Transfer Data, so I've heard, Ilyana becomes quite good. Her main problem, Speed, is fixed. Can Leo's problems be fixed via Transfer Data? No. Ilyana has magic, which is arguably more useful than bows because Res is almost always lower than Defense on physical units, which there are an abundance of.

If you only let Leo attack and not kill, he doesn't gain enough experience to keep up with the rest of your group. Edward can frontline and gain a lot more kills than Leo. Forging an Iron Sword with full Crit will help him even more, and it's quite cheap. Marksmen are a good class, but Trueblades are god. Leo can stay in the back during 3-13 and pick off the occasional Hawk, sure, but Edward's on the frontlines annihilating everything else.

If you play it smart, Edward's early game can be great. That logic can go with anyone except Fiona. :F

With Transfer Data, so I've heard, Ilyana becomes quite good. Her main problem, Speed, is fixed. Can Leo's problems be fixed via Transfer Data? No. Ilyana has magic, which is arguably more useful than bows because Res is almost always lower than Defense on physical units, which there are an abundance of.

If you only let Leo attack and not kill, he doesn't gain enough experience to keep up with the rest of your group. Edward can frontline and gain a lot more kills than Leo. Forging an Iron Sword with full Crit will help him even more, and it's quite cheap. Marksmen are a good class, but Trueblades are god. Leo can stay in the back during 3-13 and pick off the occasional Hawk, sure, but Edward's on the frontlines annihilating everything else.

So many people here have said that Marksman>Trueblades. No that statement is half correct. ONE Marksman is greater than a Trueblade, but there is only one Double Bow. So you kind of need one Marksman. Why not Leo?

Zihark is better than Edward because his has a massive level lead and barely any statistical inferiority at equal levels. In fact, his dodge may be better.

The experience that Edward could have earned is much better spent on Nolan, one of the godliest units in the game, or Aran, who is a Marshall with +1 movement.

Ilyana's problems are far from fixed even with Transfer Data. She has a horrible cap and lackluster speed growths, meaning that using her will bite you in the ass no matter what.

So many people here have said that Marksman>Trueblades. No that statement is half correct. ONE Marksman is greater than a Trueblade, but there is only one Double Bow. So you kind of need one Marksman. Why not Leo?

Zihark is better than Edward because his has a massive level lead and barely any statistical inferiority at equal levels. In fact, his dodge may be better.

The experience that Edward could have earned is much better spent on Nolan, one of the godliest units in the game, or Aran, who is a Marshall with +1 movement.

Ilyana's problems are far from fixed even with Transfer Data. She has a horrible cap and lackluster speed growths, meaning that using her will bite you in the ass no matter what.

And you could have one Trueblade with the Brave Sword, one with the Vague Katti, and one with the Alondite. 3 > 1 no matter how you look at it.

Edward has a better late-game than Zihark. Zihark can get some pretty massive avoid, but Edward'll beat him in offense.

The experience spent on Sothe could be used on Edward. He's replacing Sothe.

For Part 1, at least, she's beating Leo. That's who we're comparing her to, right?

And you could have one Trueblade with the Brave Sword, one with the Vague Katti, and one with the Alondite. 3 > 1 no matter how you look at it.

Edward has a better late-game than Zihark. Zihark can get some pretty massive avoid, but Edward'll beat him in offense.

The experience spent on Sothe could be used on Edward. He's replacing Sothe.

For Part 1, at least, she's beating Leo. That's who we're comparing her to, right?

Lol you should be un-equipping Sothe in the first place. He doesn't benefit much from fighting in Part 1.

Edward's offense is barely better than Zihark. The difference is hardly worth considering when you compare their early games. Part 1 is the hardest part of the game, and Edward is crap for almost all of it. Also defense is a larger factor than offense in this game, especially if your on a high difficulty. Zihark's massive avoid>Edward's offensive lead. Do you seriously think that a point or two more strength is worth sacrificing both a better defensive game and a level lead of 10 or more?

You don't need 3 Trueblades in the endgame. At most you should be taking two (one for the Alondite and one for the Vague Katti.) The brave sword is unnessary, especially since your sacrificing your Double Bow Marksman to add the Brave Sworder.

Leonardo will always be better than Illyana. If you leave Leonardo open, he has some self-defense. He may survive a hit. Illyana won't. Basically Ilyana's only use is to remove her Shade skill and give it to someone better, like Micaiah or Leonardo.

Lol you should be un-equipping Sothe in the first place. He doesn't benefit much from fighting in Part 1.

Edward's offense is barely better than Zihark. The difference is hardly worth considering when you compare their early games. Part 1 is the hardest part of the game, and Edward is crap for almost all of it. Also defense is a larger factor than offense in this game, especially if your on a high difficulty. Zihark's massive avoid>Edward's offensive lead. Do you seriously think that a point or two more strength is worth sacrificing both a better defensive game and a level lead of 10 or more?

You don't need 3 Trueblades in the endgame. At most you should be taking two (one for the Alondite and one for the Vague Katti.) The brave sword is unnessary, especially since your sacrificing your Double Bow Marksman to add the Brave Sworder.

Leonardo will always be better than Illyana. If you leave Leonardo open, he has some self-defense. He may survive a hit. Illyana won't. Basically Ilyana's only use is to remove her Shade skill and give it to someone better, like Micaiah or Leonardo.

That's contradictory to what you said before. You said Sothe would be a front-liner.

Luckily, Edward is useable during the start of Part 1, which is arguably harder than the second half. Zihark's not taking down Laguz, now is he?

2 > 1, still.

Leo's being doubled. With Transfer Data, Ilyana isn't. Not being Doubled > Being Doubled.

That's contradictory to what you said before. You said Sothe would be a front-liner.

Luckily, Edward is useable during the start of Part 1, which is arguably harder than the second half. Zihark's not taking down Laguz, now is he?

2 > 1, still.

Leo's being doubled. With Transfer Data, Ilyana isn't. Not being Doubled > Being Doubled.

I am not contradicting myself. I said Sothe would be a frontliner. I didn't say he would be scoring kills now did I? Sothe is the group Jeigan in Part 1. Un-equip his weapons and let the others gain the kills.

Who said you had to choose between two Trueblades and a Marksman? Why not take them all. Laguz kings are kind of cheating anyway. Makes the game a lot less fun.

Yes Eddie is usuable in the first half of Part 1, but this is when he's getting his ass kicked. You need to make your decision right here and now on whether to use Eddie, or bench him and let Sothe, Nolan, and Aran do all the tanking. Zihark can take down laguz just fine. Its called beastfoe.

You'ld have to be stupid to expose Leonardo during the beginning. An ounce of brainpower lets you protect him just fine. To say that Illyana is better than Edward because of benefiting from transfer data bonuses is rather stupid considering she'll be bad again by the end of Part 1. Oh and then she leaves and joins Ike's party. Yeah... real helpful.

I am not contradicting myself. I said Sothe would be a frontliner. I didn't say he would be scoring kills now did I? Sothe is the group Jeigan in Part 1. Un-equip his weapons and let the others gain the kills.

Who said you had to choose between two Trueblades and a Marksman? Why not take them all. Laguz kings are kind of cheating anyway. Makes the game a lot less fun.

Yes Eddie is usuable in the first half of Part 1, but this is when he's getting his ass kicked. You need to make your decision right here and now on whether to use Eddie, or bench him and let Sothe, Nolan, and Aran do all the tanking. Zihark can take down laguz just fine. Its called beastfoe.

You'ld have to be stupid to expose Leonardo during the beginning. An ounce of brainpower lets you protect him just fine. To say that Illyana is better than Edward because of benefiting from transfer data bonuses is rather stupid considering she'll be bad again by the end of Part 1. Oh and then she leaves and joins Ike's party. Yeah... real helpful.

Front-lining refers to, oh, let's say, ACTUAL FIGHTING. What you're talking about is TANKING.

2 > 1. :/

Hard Mode, Edward's getting pretty raped, sure. Not as bad as Leonardo, though. Edward doesn't need constant protecting. He just needs to be healed often. Leo can't be exposed at all. Slip up and he's dead. Also, when I said Laguz, I meant Meg's joining chapter. And Nolan wants the Beastfoee more than anyone else for Crossbow raep.

Yes, it's physically impossible to slip up and leave someone exposed. <_< The fact of the matter is that Edward doesn't need to be surrounded by units every single moment. He's also gaining more experience due to the Enemy Phase. Ilyana can replace Leo earlygame, just like Zihark. Point nulled.

Front-lining refers to, oh, let's say, ACTUAL FIGHTING. What you're talking about is TANKING.

2 > 1. :/

Hard Mode, Edward's getting pretty raped, sure. Not as bad as Leonardo, though. Edward doesn't need constant protecting. He just needs to be healed often. Leo can't be exposed at all. Slip up and he's dead. Also, when I said Laguz, I meant Meg's joining chapter. And Nolan wants the Beastfoee more than anyone else for Crossbow raep.

Yes, it's physically impossible to slip up and leave someone exposed. <_< The fact of the matter is that Edward doesn't need to be surrounded by units every single moment. He's also gaining more experience due to the Enemy Phase. Ilyana can replace Leo earlygame, just like Zihark. Point nulled.

Front-lining is putting someone on the frontline. Frontliners have to double as tanks, or else they have no purpose. Just because you feel like I have got the wrong term, doesn't null my point in the slightest.

Were you even listening to sandmanccl?

Yes its possible for you to slip up and kill Leonardo... Edward isn't much better. He certainly isn't a tank, which is what he's pretending to be. Leonardo will be much more useful if you can actually form *gasps* a competent defense. If you don't try to rush through the game, and actually think things through, it shouldn't be that hard. And like I said, Nolan and Aran (and eventually Jill) are more useful and will benefit from the extra experience.

Give whoever you want the Beastfoe. Nolan doesn't really need it (and a hand axe is better than a cross bow, IMO.)

What did I just say to reply to your stupid 2 > 1 point.

I don't know why you're being so stubborn. Ilyana is utter crap. If you can get past her bad bases, then she has bad growths. If for some reason, you decide to use her because you like her, then she leaves the party that just raised her, leaving it with one less unit. You also forget, that unlike Leo, she will have a hard time.... HITTING ENEMIES. Point not nulled.

Front-lining is putting someone on the frontline. Frontliners have to double as tanks, or else they have no purpose. Just because you feel like I have got the wrong term, doesn't null my point in the slightest.

Were you even listening to sandmanccl?

Yes its possible for you to slip up and kill Leonardo... Edward isn't much better. He certainly isn't a tank, which is what he's pretending to be. Leonardo will be much more useful if you can actually form *gasps* a competent defense. If you don't try to rush through the game, and actually think things through, it shouldn't be that hard. And like I said, Nolan and Aran (and eventually Jill) are more useful and will benefit from the extra experience.

Give whoever you want the Beastfoe. Nolan doesn't really need it (and a hand axe is better than a cross bow, IMO.)

What did I just say to reply to your stupid 2 > 1 point.

I don't know why you're being so stubborn. Ilyana is utter crap. If you can get past her bad bases, then she has bad growths. If for some reason, you decide to use her because you like her, then she leaves the party that just raised her, leaving it with one less unit. You also forget, that unlike Leo, she will have a hard time.... HITTING ENEMIES. Point not nulled.

Tank =/= Front-lining. Someone like Edward, Nolan, or Aran is frontlining. Sothe is tanking. :|

Edward's not pretending to be a tank. He's a Glass-Cannon; he can deal hits, but he can't take them. Guess what? Leonardo is worse at both. While Edward is at least doubling and causing damage, Leo's BEING doubled and is causing minimal damage because Bows have lolmight. If you can protect Leo, you can protect Edward. You can't argue that. Also, the Experience that could be going to Leo will probably go to Edward. So Nolan, Aran, and Jill are all getting experience, too.

Nolan + Crossbow + Beastfoe = Raep. 60 Damage with 100% hit? Yes please.

What you said didn't counter the point. You bring 2 Trueblades and a Marksman. 2 > 1. >_>

EARLY ON, she can be useful with Transfer data. If Zihark will be replacing Edward, Ilyana will be replacing Leo.

Bows are stronger than swords... unless your counting cross bows.

Have you noticed that Nolan usually leaves a bit of health on enemies at the beginning? This allows Leo to score the kill. And Leo is doing enough damage for Nolan to score kills. Its perfect.

Nolan and Aran are tanks and frontliners. Jill is a pseudo-tank (the DB can't be picky) and a frontliner.

The term class cannon doesn't apply to backline units like Leo as much. Leo has the ability to hide behind tougher units, while still being able to attack. Edward doesn't have that luxury (unless your counting those laughable wind edges.)

I had already said that you can take 2 Trueblades and a Marksman. I wasn't countering your point. I was re-affirming it.

If Ilyana is even remotely more useful than Leo early on, the advantage of using her is laughable. Leo will end up better than her quickly and unlike her, won't basically say "**** you, I'm leaving," to the Dawn Brigade.

Sorry. I'm breaking my vow over not getting involved :D

Crossbows are horrible. They become obselete quickly because they ignore strength. If you don't go "OMG A CROSSBOW I MUST GET NOLAN TO USE IT ALL THE TIME", then they become useless, because they are still there.

Hand axes may be innacurate, but Nolan has WTF-Skill. 70% growth? What innacuracy?

Ilyana...can be okay. Can. Maybe. It depends on the amount of time invested in her. In her time with the DB though, she's gutter scrapings. Her only redeeming feature is that she joins Ike's team, and therefore as one of the highest availabilities in the game.

I agree that Leo and Nolan tag-teaming is perfect. Nolan doesn't need the Kill EXP at the beggining, due to his level lead - give the Kill EXP to Leo.

An lol at my idiocy - I've never ever got Beastfoe.

Crossbows are horrible. They become obselete quickly because they ignore strength. If you don't go "OMG A CROSSBOW I MUST GET NOLAN TO USE IT ALL THE TIME", then they become useless, because they are still there.

Okay I've been over this too many times.

Crossbows have 1-2 range. On enemy phase, right? So Archers can make use of them until the double bow. Right? With me so far?

If you make a kill on your own phase and switch weapons with an Archer so he equips a crossbow, then he's cool with it. Shinon would probably do like 20 per turn due to the fact that he doubles, which is way better than standing there like an ass and taking it.

Or you can use it as a finishing blow and keep it equipped during the enemy phase.

Also, Beastfoe/Dragonfoe + Crossbow = RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE x10000000 because it gets like 84 might that way.

They're not useless.

Her only redeeming feature is that she joins Ike's team, and therefore as one of the highest availabilities in the game.
And by then she's kinda... useless. In relative terms.
I agree that Leo and Nolan tag-teaming is perfect. Nolan doesn't need the Kill EXP at the beggining, due to his level lead - give the Kill EXP to Leo.
Uh no? Leo's not doing that much damage to get the kill EXP all the time. Edited by Lord Raven

Crossbows have 1-2 range. On enemy phase, right? So Archers can make use of them until the double bow. Right? With me so far?

If you make a kill on your own phase and switch weapons with an Archer so he equips a crossbow, then he's cool with it. Shinon would probably do like 20 per turn due to the fact that he doubles, which is way better than standing there like an ass and taking it.

Or you can use it as a finishing blow and keep it equipped during the enemy phase.

I'm not denying their effectiveness as an archers only 1-range attack. What I hate is that if you don't use a crossbow constantly, the enemy gets a couple more defence on the next chapter, and the crossbow becomes failure. That was my argument.

Also, Beastfoe/Dragonfoe + Crossbow = RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE x10000000 because it gets like 84 might that way.

My immediate reaction was that I could also argue that Leo > Nephenee if I give him stillness, adept, resolve, gamble and a Killer Bow. But then I stopped.

As I haven't used Beastfoe, I can't give a counter as I haven't had any experience with it. Go figure.

Bows are stronger than swords... unless your counting cross bows.

Have you noticed that Nolan usually leaves a bit of health on enemies at the beginning? This allows Leo to score the kill. And Leo is doing enough damage for Nolan to score kills. Its perfect.

Nolan and Aran are tanks and frontliners. Jill is a pseudo-tank (the DB can't be picky) and a frontliner.

The term class cannon doesn't apply to backline units like Leo as much. Leo has the ability to hide behind tougher units, while still being able to attack. Edward doesn't have that luxury (unless your counting those laughable wind edges.)

I had already said that you can take 2 Trueblades and a Marksman. I wasn't countering your point. I was re-affirming it.

If Ilyana is even remotely more useful than Leo early on, the advantage of using her is laughable. Leo will end up better than her quickly and unlike her, won't basically say "**** you, I'm leaving," to the Dawn Brigade.

What? The blades always beat bows by 1 might on their respective levels.

Same could be said about Edward. I could argue Edward needs it more since he'll be frontlining.

I messed up. Sothe's a meatshield, not a tank.

How are Wind Edges laughable? They've got meh accuracy, sure, but Swordmasters excell in accuracy. It won't matter. It offers a 1-2 range, too, beating out the 2-range of bows. Crossbows help, but you noted that you don't use Crossbows.

Ilyana has a big lead on Leo in the start of the Dawn Brigade chapters. He will pass her, of course, but she's useable if you want a backliner.

What? The blades always beat bows by 1 might on their respective levels.

Same could be said about Edward. I could argue Edward needs it more since he'll be frontlining.

I messed up. Sothe's a meatshield, not a tank.

How are Wind Edges laughable? They've got meh accuracy, sure, but Swordmasters excell in accuracy. It won't matter. It offers a 1-2 range, too, beating out the 2-range of bows. Crossbows help, but you noted that you don't use Crossbows.

Ilyana has a big lead on Leo in the start of the Dawn Brigade chapters. He will pass her, of course, but she's useable if you want a backliner.

Marksman have more strength than Trueblades (especially Rolf). Plus the Double Bow adds +3 to strength, making it stronger than any sword in the game (not counting the massive damage of Astra.)

Yes, but a point is a point. And Leonardo works in reverse (helping Nolan level). Edward isn't so good at that. He can critical, killing the opponent, or get counter-attacked, which with his bad defenses=painful.

Whatever. Same function, he's just not as good at it.

Wind Edges do pathetic damage (same as an Iron Sword), have only 20 usages, have bad aim (which is offset by the Swordmaster's accuracy, but this is still painful when Edward is a myrmidon.) I will sometimes use Crossbows, but rarely for serious purposes.

Illyana comes in overleveled. With her bases, thats hardly a big lead. She's usable, but not worth it.

Marksman have more strength than Trueblades (especially Rolf). Plus the Double Bow adds +3 to strength, making it stronger than any sword in the game (not counting the massive damage of Astra.)

Yes, but a point is a point. And Leonardo works in reverse (helping Nolan level). Edward isn't so good at that. He can critical, killing the opponent, or get counter-attacked, which with his bad defenses=painful.

Whatever. Same function, he's just not as good at it.

Wind Edges do pathetic damage (same as an Iron Sword), have only 20 usages, have bad aim (which is offset by the Swordmaster's accuracy, but this is still painful when Edward is a myrmidon.) I will sometimes use Crossbows, but rarely for serious purposes.

Illyana comes in overleveled. With her bases, thats hardly a big lead. She's usable, but not worth it.

Are you joking? Edward will beat Leo in Strength from level 10 onward. Also, one bow =/= every bow. Alondite and Vague Katti add Defense, anyway, which is arguably more important for Trueblades.

Luckily, for those early chapters, Edward will almost always have the WTA advantages, giving him very good avoid. A Nolan support'll help that even more since they're always within range of each other and have basically the same job. Who does Leo have? Micaiah?

? Meatshielding =/= Frontlining

Luckily, they're abundant, only have 1 less might than an Iron Bow, and have 1-2 range. They're very helpful.

But a good replacement for Leo.

I'm not denying their effectiveness as an archers only 1-range attack. What I hate is that if you don't use a crossbow constantly, the enemy gets a couple more defence on the next chapter, and the crossbow becomes failure. That was my argument.
You don't have to use a Crossbow constantly. Where did I say you had to?

Are you joking? Edward will beat Leo in Strength from level 10 onward. Also, one bow =/= every bow. Alondite and Vague Katti add Defense, anyway, which is arguably more important for Trueblades.

Luckily, for those early chapters, Edward will almost always have the WTA advantages, giving him very good avoid. A Nolan support'll help that even more since they're always within range of each other and have basically the same job. Who does Leo have? Micaiah?

? Meatshielding =/= Frontlining

Luckily, they're abundant, only have 1 less might than an Iron Bow, and have 1-2 range. They're very helpful.

But a good replacement for Leo.

Lol. That may happen, but with the RNG its not a certainty. Leo's strength cap is 36, which is definitely higher than a Trueblade's cap.

Axes are only in huge abundance for the first 2 levels. Then the lance users start to show up more. In Hard Mode, there is no WT. Nolan has a better support with Aran, so unless you REALLY like Edward, then Edward probably won't be getting that support. Leo has.... BACKLINING. Strategy 101, dictates to keep a competent backline defense.

I meant Meatshielding=Tanking. Its the same basic idea.

Leonardo will be using a steel bow from a pretty early point to buff his damage. With those skill growths, the extra accuracy from the iron bow won't be missed. A steel bow does 4 more damage than a Wind Sword.

Clearly you don't know the definition of good.

Lol. That may happen, but with the RNG its not a certainty. Leo's strength cap is 36, which is definitely higher than a Trueblade's cap.

Axes are only in huge abundance for the first 2 levels. Then the lance users start to show up more. In Hard Mode, there is no WT. Nolan has a better support with Aran, so unless you REALLY like Edward, then Edward probably won't be getting that support. Leo has.... BACKLINING. Strategy 101, dictates to keep a competent backline defense.

I meant Meatshielding=Tanking. Its the same basic idea.

Leonardo will be using a steel bow from a pretty early point to buff his damage. With those skill growths, the extra accuracy from the iron bow won't be missed. A steel bow does 4 more damage than a Wind Sword.

Clearly you don't know the definition of good.

Averages say otherwise.

You mean to say there's no axe users in Part 1 after the first two levels? :o Wrong. They appear quite often, actually. Even with no WT, Edward's evade > Leo's. Aran has the defense to not need avoid. Edward wants a Nolan support more. Also, Javelins, Bows, Wind Edges, and Hand Axes.

Not really.

Edward can use a Steel Sword to buff his damage, then switch to a Wind Edge after he's attacked. Trading.

Clearly you don't understand what I'm saying.

You mean to say there's no axe users in Part 1 after the first two levels? :o Wrong. They appear quite often, actually.

This is the only thing I'm going to respond to, because your points aren't valid enough to dictate my response.

In Prologue, all enemies are axe. Okay Eddie wins here. At the same time its so easy to maintain a backline defense on this level, that Leo should be untouchable.

Level 1. Most enemies are still axe murderers. A couple soldiers are added in though.

Level 2.... theres like 4 axe guys on the whole map. The lancers are equal to or greater in number to the axe guys.

Level 3. There are some axe guys, but theres stilll an assload of lance guys.

Level 4. All laguz.

Level 5. I'm not sure about this one. Its either equal or more lance guys are present.

Level 6. Part 1. Guess what. More lances than axes!

Level 6. Part 2. More lances.... and the boss is also a lancer.

Level 7. Kind of equal between axes and lances here. Actually axes might have a lead.

Level 8. One of the few levels where Edward is winning in the WT. Definitely more axe guys here.

Level 9. N/A

Level 10. Not sure. Its either equal or there are more axes.

In a considerable number of levels, Eddie is at a WT disadvantage.

? How? In 75% of those chapters, there's an equal amount according to you.

Also, since you did not respond/prove my points wrong, they are valid.

2 levels are N/A (1 is Micaiah only and the other is all laguz)

There are like 4 levels in there where Eddie could be considered advantaged by his WT placement. Only 2 of these levels are heavy advantages for Eddie.

The rest are either leaning towards lances (if only by a little) or heavily against Edward.

6 or 7 levels out of 11 are pretty considerable.

Your points may have had some validity, but they don't disprove any of my points. As I see it, we are at a draw.

You don't have to use a Crossbow constantly. Where did I say you had to?

*Sigh*

Let me explain a bit more thoroughly.

As Crossbows ignore the users strength, they always have a fixed amount of might. This means that any upgrade in the enemy's defence has a rather harsh affect on the usefullness of crossbows. If you gain a crossbow in Chapter 3 (For Example), by Chapter 5, the enemy's average defence will have increased enough to lessen the crossbows utility value to near nothing.

In short, if you don't use a crossbow almost as soon as you get it, it's laughable by the time you do come to use it.

Only two crossbows have enough might to cut it by endgame: Aqqar (with 34 Might) and Arbalest (with 38 might).

If you got a crossbow in the early DB chapters, they would be god. But you don't. So they arent.