The Dawn Brigade

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only.... Leonardo would be godly if he could use a crossbow in early Part 1.

Yeeeees. We can only wish.

(The above comment about godliness does not apply to Nolan as he is already godly. There is no need to further it.)

Edited by Warrior of Dawn

Yeeeees. We can only wish.

(The above comment about godliness does not apply to Nolan as he is already godly. There is no need to further it.)

Yeah but Nolan would need to be a warrior to use it. By then the enemies have enough defense to make his axes just as effective (probably more effective depending on strength.)

*Sigh*

Let me explain a bit more thoroughly.

As Crossbows ignore the users strength, they always have a fixed amount of might. This means that any upgrade in the enemy's defence has a rather harsh affect on the usefullness of crossbows. If you gain a crossbow in Chapter 3 (For Example), by Chapter 5, the enemy's average defence will have increased enough to lessen the crossbows utility value to near nothing.

In short, if you don't use a crossbow almost as soon as you get it, it's laughable by the time you do come to use it.

Only two crossbows have enough might to cut it by endgame: Aqqar (with 34 Might) and Arbalest (with 38 might).

If you got a crossbow in the early DB chapters, they would be god. But you don't. So they arent.

I'd just like to point out that Crossbows won't be used come endgame because of the Double Bow, but they're useful for Parts 2-4(Prolouge to Chapter before Endgame).

I'd just like to point out that Crossbows won't be used come endgame because of the Double Bow, but they're useful for Parts 2-4(Prolouge to Chapter before Endgame).

They are really only of serious use during chapters where Beastfoe, Birdfoe, and Dragonfoe come into play (and since the main level to use Dragonfoe on comes after the Double Bow, crossbows aren't applicable for that.)

They are really only of serious use during chapters where Beastfoe, Birdfoe, and Dragonfoe come into play (and since the main level to use Dragonfoe on comes after the Double Bow, crossbows aren't applicable for that.)

Or give Nolan/Boyd Beastfoe and Dragonfoe on 4-5 and watch them one hit rape every enemy with a stronger crossbow.

Or give Nolan/Boyd Beastfoe and Dragonfoe on 4-5 and watch them one hit rape every enemy with a stronger crossbow.

The chapter with a swamp?

I find that Tibarn + Haar & Jill (with a support preferably) are all you really need. Of course, Ulki with laguz transformation items is also really great (his dodge rate is just awesome.)

Nolan and Sothe are the only DB members that I got to be actually useful in Chapter four on my Easy mode Playthrough. On my first Normal mode try I got Ilyana, Jill, Sothe, Nolan, and Muarim to godly powerful. Muarim I have no idea how, probably because I got him to level 25 before part 1 ended. Ilyana was dumb luck, but Nolan and Sothe are good default. Volug was good until he died in Chapter 4-1.

Edited by Camtech075

Leonardo can't Crossbow until he becomes a Sniper.

snip
Reading comprehension plz? Re-read my post, it has nothing to do with the might of a Crossbow. It shows that it can be useful, yet it doesn't say anything about relying upon it. When convenient, switching your inventory so the Crossbow is equipped for enemy phase can be a useful thing so you can do about 20 damage per enemy (more or less), which can weaken them/make them easier to kill.
As Crossbows ignore the users strength, they always have a fixed amount of might. This means that any upgrade in the enemy's defence has a rather harsh affect on the usefullness of crossbows. If you gain a crossbow in Chapter 3 (For Example), by Chapter 5, the enemy's average defence will have increased enough to lessen the crossbows utility value to near nothing.
That's cool, irrelevant to my argument.
In short, if you don't use a crossbow almost as soon as you get it, it's laughable by the time you do come to use it.
Only two crossbows have enough might to cut it by endgame: Aqqar (with 34 Might) and Arbalest (with 38 might).
If you got a crossbow in the early DB chapters, they would be god. But you don't. So they arent.
That's cool, irrelevant to my argument. Where did I say they were God? Edited by Lord Raven

Reading comprehension plz? Re-read my post, it has nothing to do with the might of a Crossbow. It shows that it can be useful, yet it doesn't say anything about relying upon it. When convenient, switching your inventory so the Crossbow is equipped for enemy phase can be a useful thing so you can do about 20 damage per enemy (more or less), which can weaken them/make them easier to kill.

You're still going to have to use a character to kill them next turn. A decent bow will do the same job, with less risk of damage to the Archer.

And I was commenting on crossbows in general.

You. Are. Missing. The. Point.

It makes it easier on the character that kills them the next turn. On top of that, the battle experience you're getting is substantially higher (maybe about 6 vs 1? That actually helps quite a bit). On top of that, a decent bow is NOT counter attacking on the enemy phase. On top of that, less risk of damage is irrelevant; in fact, ti reduces risk because it's less likely to go for the Archer now because it can actually counter attack now. And I'm referring to the enemy phase too NOT THE PLAYER PHASE, AND I'M SUGGESTING IT ONLY WHEN IT'S CONVENIENT TO SWITCH EQUIPMENT SO THE CROSSBOW IS EQUIPPED, NOT CONSTANTLY USING IT!

Shouldn't your sniper be behind the front lines anyways? I know what you're saying but it's not that hard to keep them protected. If you can keep your healers and mages protected, I'm sure you can keep snipers out of harms way. Don't you have to waste another character's turn to switch to the crossbow? And you have to move them right beside the sniper to trade. There's rarely a situation where you have to switch to a crossbow so I'd rather just sell them and buy more weapons. It's inconvinent anyways cause the character used to trade with the sniper could be doing something more productive like weakening an enemy or protecting the sniper or baiting the enemy to attack him/her on the enemy phase.

Shinon can afford to be on the frontlines. His evade and defenses are good enough starting out, and he has enough speed to avoid getting doubled. The thing about putting the Sniper behind the frontlines comes from the 2-2 range of a bow, but the Crossbow has 1-2 range which fixes that.

You don't have to waste another character's turn if you're doing it when convenient. If a Mounted unit has nothing to do on that turn, trade and use Canto to get the rest of your movement back. If there's an enemy diagonal from Shinon, have someone trade with Shinon and kill that enemy... it's situational really, but it's not totally useless when you can get it used.