"Noble Intentions" Playthrough

And so, I begin my fourth RD playthrough with a theme! "Noble Intentions" is a playthrough where I shall use the characters who come from nobility.

So, in no particular order, the candidates are as follows:

Leonardo (yes, Leo is nobility. Read his description in the library.)

Skrimir

Pelleas

Elincia

Lucia

Geoffrey

Renning

Bastian

Astrid

Sigrun

Oliver

Soren possibly maybe

There are 12 Candidates. If any get Stat-shamed, I'll bench 'em in favour of the other candidate. If none get stat-shamed, Sigrun will be benched. She's just that awful (stat-wise). Oh, on a side note, no PoR data transfer.

That's a....suprisingly well balanced team. I'll update with my progress, chapter by chapter. See you then!

I love you for doing this. Bastian Ulysses Von Thundertoes shall electrrrrify the stage! And Duke Renning, wielder of the finest 'stache in all of Crimea.

Soren is anything but a nobleman. Neither Ashnard nor Almedha (laguz nobility el-oh-el) can be called that.

I love you for doing this. Bastian Ulysses Von Thundertoes shall electrrrrify the stage! And Duke Renning, wielder of the finest 'stache in all of Crimea.

Soren is anything but a nobleman. Neither Ashnard nor Almedha (laguz nobility el-oh-el) can be called that.

oh my! do i sense.... bias?

XD

but to be honest, Soren wasn't raised as a noble, and never was a noble, so he can't be considered one.

at least that's the way i see it.

:mellow:

but there is practically no nobility with the Greil Mercenaries, so you will still end up using him anyways.

this is not counting the mandatory units for endgame, right?

Yup. Sanaki and Kurth are nobles, so I'll use them. Any others, I'll avoid as much as possible.

I like Bastian and Renning. It's just that better (read: Higher levelled) characters are available by that point already :(

Also, Renning's 'Stache fears Bastian's Uber Shoes!

I'll use Soren during the GM chapters, just as I'll use all of them (seeing as there are precisely no nobles there, I can do as I please). I wouldn't really count Soren as Nobility but...if I don't, I'll have to use Sigrun >.<

Chapter 1: Under Gray Grey Skies

TURN 1

Edward and Micaiah deal with the first bandit, obviously.

ENEMY TURN

The second bandit moves closer.

TURN 2

Micaiah uses sacrifice on Edward.

Edward blockades next to the barrels, to give Leo chance to arrive.

ENEMY TURN

The bandit attacks Edward, missing. Edward doubles back and cripples him.

TURN 3

Micaiah finishes the bandit.

Edward waits.

ENEMY TURN

Precisely nothing happens.

TURN 4

Leo arrives. Time to get started!

Leo moves down and uses the Dracoshield on himself.

Micaiah attacks the bandit over the barrels.

Edward moves one space south of Micaiah, and cuts off access to them.

ENEMY TURN

Bandit attacks Edward; Edward doubles back and cripples him.

TURN 5

Leo attacks the Bandit Eddie crippled, killing it.

Micaiah attacks from behind the barrels again.

Edward stays where he is.

ENEMY TURN

Nothing.

TURN 6

Leo kills of the bandit Micaiah weakened and claims his herb.

Edward moves one south of Leo.

Micaiah moves one south, ending up one west of Edward.

ENEMY TURN

Bandit attacks Eddie, Missing; Eddie double attacks back; cripples him.

TURN 7

Micaiah finishes off crippled bandit. Grows to level 2 gaining Magic and Res. Pah.

Eddie moves and attacks the bandit between the barrels. He is hit, but doubles him

Leo finishes the bandit.

ENEMY TURN

The boss attacks Eddie, hitting him hard. Eddie could have used wrath, but didn’t. Hit him once for 6 instead >(

TURN 8

Eddie uses Vulnerary.

Leo attacks the boss for 6 damage.

Micaiah stood next to Leo, because her movement wasn’t quite enough.

ENEMY TURN

Boss attacks Eddie, misses, Eddie hits him back.

TURN 9

Eddie attacks boss, boss misses. Eddie hits for 6

Leo finishes the boss, levelling up to lvl 5, gaining HP, strength, skill and Res. A good one there.

Micaiah moves one space north.

ENEMY TURN

Last Bandit attacks Eddie, Misses, and is doubled back.

TURN 10

Micaiah finishes last bandit.

END OF CHAPTER.

Not bad, seeing as Leo is the one character I really must train. Micaiah too, but she gets the BK chapter to herself so…

Leonardo is NOT a noble.

do you ever look stuff up before commenting?

Leonardo

A member of the Dawn Brigade. He is a novice archer of great natural ability. His composure and maturity suggest a good upbringing.

isn't that pretty much suggesting that he may be a noble? he certainly looks and acts like one. and remember that we know practically nothing of the nobles of Daein.

do you ever look stuff up before commenting?

isn't that pretty much suggesting that he may be a noble? he certainly looks and acts like one. and remember that we know practically nothing of the nobles of Daein.

That doesn't say he's nobility. All that says is that Leonardo has good parents and grew up in a good setting. You don't have to be a noble to be raised well.

That doesn't say he's nobility. All that says is that Leonardo has good parents and grew up in a good setting. You don't have to be a noble to be raised well.

lol!

this game takes place in a setting based on the middle ages.

Upbringing: The rearing and training received during childhood.

in the middle ages, it wasn't all nice, happy and dandy as it is now. people with good upbringing were usually the people who were well off as in nobles. peasants had to deal with many problems to worry about things like making their children grow up with "composure and maturity"

and Warrior of Dawn beat me to posting the quote!

Edited by Empress Alina

A quote from our very own Serenes Forest:

That is enough proof for me.

And where is the source of that information?

lol!

this game takes place in a setting based on the middle ages.

in the middle ages, it wasn't all nice, happy and dandy as it is now. people with good upbringing were usually the people who were well off as in nobles. peasants had to deal with many problems to worry about things like making their children grow up with "composure and maturity"

and Warrior of Dawn beat me to posting the quote!

So in the middle ages, it was impossible to raise a polite, mature child? Besides, villiages in RD aren't plagued or in ruins or anything. For instance, Ohm. And Leonardo would have been raised before the Mad King's War, which means Nevassa would have been peaceful.

No matter how good/peaceful the village was, common folk of the past always had problems to deal with.

You ever wonder why peasants are stereotyped as rude people who hate nobility?

Fire Emblem isn't Europe's middle ages. It isn't plagued with sicknesses or fighting in every town. And old European peasants are stereotyped like that. Fire Emblem is different.

So in the middle ages, it was impossible to raise a polite, mature child? Besides, villiages in RD aren't plagued or in ruins or anything. For instance, Ohm. And Leonardo would have been raised before the Mad King's War, which means Nevassa would have been peaceful.

why would peasants worry about raising a polite and mature child? they have other things in mind, like getting food on their tables.

and what do peace and war have to do with anything?

considering the setting and such, its much more likely that Leonardo is a noble than a peasant.

and lol! the source of the information is none other than the one of the most reliable Fire Emblem fansites in the net to date.

Do I look like an admin? I don't know. However, it is supported by Leo's character.

So in the middle ages, it was impossible to raise a polite, mature child?

I don't think Alina was saying it was impossible - just highly unlikely. Plus, how many other FE characters are Mature to Leo's level but aren't nobility?

...Why am I even discussing this? Leo's noble enough for me to include him in this playthrough. If you don't agree, please stop harrassing me over one petty detail. It's already started.

Fire Emblem isn't Europe's middle ages. It isn't plagued with sicknesses or fighting in every town. And old European peasants are stereotyped like that. Fire Emblem is different.

Fire Emblem, isn't the middle ages, but it's based on them, that much is pretty obvious.

as such, same rules apply, unless its explicitly stated within the game.

and yeah, we shouldn't get WD's topic off track. this thread is about his playthrough, not about whether Leo is a noble or not

Edited by Empress Alina

why would peasants worry about raising a polite and mature child? they have other things in mind, like getting food on their tables.

and what do peace and war have to do with anything?

considering the setting and such, its much more likely that Leonardo is a noble than a peasant.

and lol! the source of the information is none other than the one of the most reliable Fire Emblem fansites in the net to date.

You can't just assume that every peasant is poor and deprived of food. They could be like Brom's family, who have a farm, or they could have been friends with a farmer.

And if a fansite makes something up, does that mean it's true? The game never says that Leonardo is noble or of noble descent.

*leaves*

The sources are mentioned at the top of the page, and those sources took the information directly from the game's script. There's your source, and thus the proof that Leonardo is indeed of noble birth.

You can't just assume that every peasant is poor and deprived of food. They could be like Brom's family, who have a farm, or they could have been friends with a farmer.

And if a fansite makes something up, does that mean it's true? The game never says that Leonardo is noble or of noble descent.

*leaves*

please, before you make any other silly comments, make your research and learn a bit about the topic.

read about the middle ages and inform yourself, and after you do that if you still feel the need, we'll discuss things.

ok? bye

*leaves*

The sources are mentioned at the top of the page, and those sources took the information directly from the game's script. There's your source, and thus the proof that Leonardo is indeed of noble birth.

The game is a fansite...?

The game is a fansite...?

Misunderstanding, right?

At the top of the FE10 Character Introduction page, two sources are listed where the info comes from. Those sites (the SF sources) have gotten their info from the game.

And I'm sure SF also took some info from the game directly ;)

OR I could be entirely wrong...

Edited by Tino

Leonardo's info came from the Designer's note section here (from the official Japanese FE site). It's in Japanese though, but anybody who can decently read Japanese can tell you that it states Leonardo was born a noble.

(There's actually quite a bit of FE stuff you can learn outside the game.)

Edited by VincentASM

Misunderstanding, right?

At the top of the FE10 Character Introduction page, two sources are listed where the info comes from. Those sites (the SF sources) have gotten their info from the game.

And I'm sure SF also took some info from the game directly ;)

OR I could be entirely wrong...

I was joking.