So flyers seems like the best class in the game

Ledah*

So in my second playthrough and it seems that in this game pegasus and wyvern line are the best classes by far, the game is sacred stones level of dificulty on hard but its good to know for lunatic

The maps are big enough in general that movement matters a lot

Several maps have forest, desert and other type of terrain that penalyze cavalry but are a boon to flying Unit

Its pretty easy to play around the archer weakness and you got dismount mechanics and at S Plus you got free iotte shield

The classes have more logical requirements and you dont need to make a hybrid só ai tu propor tutelares you hit the power spikes way sooner and you can even include a bow ir other second weapon to increase your options

They dodged the "speed nerf "

Tl Dr they are the best class by far for a efficient playthrough

1 minute ago, Ledah* said:

Tl Dr they are the best class by far for a efficient playthrough

I do agree to some extent, however there are no magic flyiers making them pretty lackluster in certain circumstances (heavy armor and monsters) and healing which would necessitate using other classes as well to protect your mages. You could probably help out with levin swords but yeah.

I do agree that they are pretty strong, in some maps incredibly useful (timed maps) and overall probably the best classes due to their flexibility alone but if they work without the other classes in tow? i somehow doubt it.

16 minutes ago, Lord of Riva said:

I do agree to some extent, however there are no magic flyiers making them pretty lackluster in certain circumstances (heavy armor and monsters) and healing which would necessitate using other classes as well to protect your mages. You could probably help out with levin swords but yeah.

I do agree that they are pretty strong, in some maps incredibly useful (timed maps) and overall probably the best classes due to their flexibility alone but if they work without the other classes in tow? i somehow doubt it.

Yeah I think they are akin to the Paldins in the gba games, best class by far but not the absolute only one you bring in the map

But not using Magic for me is a non issue since the magic growths and spell lists make only some caracteres good as Magic classes , usually only two per house

16 minutes ago, De Geso said:

Fliers being the best is business as usual.

I would argue that cavalry is the usual but a lot boils down to availability and only having str screwed pegasus units early. But you can argue that a lot are good aside from the usual utility

Do you think making my Byleth a flying class is a good idea? I'm on my second playtrough (Golden Deer), hard/classic and I wanna snatch Ingrid and Ashe, so lance/flying and being a Peg. Knight makes sense to me.

29 minutes ago, know_naim said:

Do you think making my Byleth a flying class is a good idea? I'm on my second playtrough (Golden Deer), hard/classic and I wanna snatch Ingrid and Ashe, so lance/flying and being a Peg. Knight makes sense to me.

I would say its by far the best option, especially for FByleth, you can use swords  just fine in any class

Yeah I'm benching my Wyvern Petra for a bit, I feel bad using her, she's far too OP. She's just one point of Strength below Edelgard, has more defense than Knight Ferdinand and has 6 more speed than my second fastest unit (Leonie). I don't know if it's the class, the character, or she just got RNG blessed, but something in there went way too well.

13 hours ago, timon said:

Yeah I'm benching my Wyvern Petra for a bit, I feel bad using her, she's far too OP. She's just one point of Strength below Edelgard, has more defense than Knight Ferdinand and has 6 more speed than my second fastest unit (Leonie). I don't know if it's the class, the character, or she just got RNG blessed, but something in there went way too well.

Petra is a super strong character so it is probably a mix of all of the above. Combo fliers with the monk battalion (the movement one.) and you have the ultimate combo. 

Spoiler

I just one turned Raphael and ignatz paralogue. I used rally to boost Ingrid's strength. Then i used the movement battalion and 1 turned the boss with a horseslayer +1.