Digimon has better waifus than Pokémon!

XRay

20 hours ago, XRay said:

Since we are on a Fire Emblem website, here are some examples of superior spouses that Fire Emblem has over both Digimon and Pokémon:

Spoiler

Best Mortal Waifu:

Joel joey lacsa camilla spreadsmall2

Best Goddess Waifu:

74270639_p0.png

Fixed those parts for you.

18 hours ago, XRay said:

Good point. I think Fire Emblem has closed the gap a bit now, but I think I still lean towards Digimon being bigger. Fire Emblem is big enough to have a card game, but it is not big enough to have toys and anime released regularly for it, unlike Digimon.

Definitely not a complete anime.  I think a good part of it comes from Nintendo not being interested in branching out of other venues other than video games unless they feel like they're absolutely sure they can garner some kind of success.  Even then they're only going to use a very successful franchise as a spearhead, hence why we can see Pokémon, Animal Crossing and Professor Layton get movies but a Metroid movie animated like Kingsglaive is out of the question.

If Nintendo were to attempt it now, I imagine a Three Houses anime would probably be the go-to idea since it's not only the hottest thing on the market right now but has the tropes and characteristics that make up a lot of what the anime industry likes to produce.  Would a studio be permitted and capable of reworking the story into one that would work as an anime though?  That's the question.

Fire Emblem does have toys as well, most of them are just not the kind that kids would likely be able to afford.  Even the ones they could afford, it's pretty hard to imagine they would be uppity about the idea of owning a Roy or Lucina plush doll and would probably only get a Fire Emblem character amiibo because they just want something else to add to the collection.  Then again if Duck Dynasty was able to get plush dolls, I guess there's little reason to assume a few of them wouldn't be fans as well.

It's a bit tough for me to agree on which one is bigger I think, primarily because both franchises seem to have achieved different main areas of success.  Digimon basically being a reboot machine in the anime industry with varying degrees of overall success but having a hard time breaking out in video games mostly in terms of sales and a good chunk of the time critical acclaim.  Fire Emblem with video games has at least been around for a long while with varying levels of success through the years and if another anime attempt will ever be done remains to be seen.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

There are cute Digimon, but as a whole, Pokémon is generally cuter than Digimon on average.

As for Gatomon and Lopmon, maybe there are some really extreme furries that are practically more into bestiality than furry.

It might help for some that Digimon does have a bit of a gray area in this situation.  It's technically not bestiality since those creatures are actually data.  So... Dataphilia?  Makes me wonder what areas a relationship like this can go into.  I imagine the creator probably didn't have anything of the sort in mind (at least anything he would say publicly anyway), so anything beyond good friendship is probably just up to fans to determine.

Otherwise it does seem like Digimon is a bit more friendly for people who want something more immediately anthro.  Considering Pokémon are derived from creatures it seems there won't be a lot of human-like choices except the occasional Gardevoir to offer.  Basically if you happen to be more of a furry, Pokémon is probably your more go-to choice.  Unless you happen to find a particular Digimon more appealing to you anyway.

10 minutes ago, Emperor_Siegfried said:

Fire Emblem does have toys as well, most of them are just not the kind that kids would likely be able to afford.  Even the ones they could afford, it's pretty hard to imagine they would be uppity about the idea of owning a Roy or Lucina plush doll and would probably only get a Fire Emblem character amiibo because they just want something else to add to the collection.  Then again if Duck Dynasty was able to get plush dolls, I guess there's little reason to assume a few of them wouldn't be fans as well.

The most prominent Fire Emblem toys that come to mind are Figmas, and while I guess most people including me would classify them as toys, in practice, they are display pieces/decor rather than toys. This is similar to non-HG Gundam in that they are generally for display and are usually not played with.

I am a little hesitant calling Amiibos and Nendroids toys since they look closer to static figure statues in my opinion.

On 10/17/2019 at 11:35 PM, Pengaius said:

Pabumon IS cute (though it does remind me of *shudders* Numemon) but how about this good boy

IMG_6801.PNG

All of my "Awww".
Personally, I love Numemon. Because a slug throwing pink poop at people is hilarious.