Pet Poop

XRay

For those of you who have pets, what do you guys do with the poop? I assume most people are like me and just flush it down the toilet or throw it away. However, does anyone save the poop for other purposes? Like as fertilizers? I am not sure what other purposes you can do with poop though, so enlighten me if you have any interesting ideas on what you do with them.

And for cat owners, what do you guys do with the litter? I throw old litter away in the trash, but I am wondering if it can be used as fertilizers too.

Poops are not instant fertilizer, because 1) there are still some bacterial things still living in them and 2) they need to be broken down before anything plants want can be absorbed. Generally, best thing you can do is flush it or put it in an appropriate trash container. If you're somewhere far away enough from people, you could put it in the woods or bury it, but keep in mind that there are bacteria in there that are hazardous, so anything near any body of water, open drain, etc is a big no-no, or else it risks a potential coliform bloom (the source of E. coli).

I don't think dog or cat or human for that matter, poop works as fertilizer. The only poop that works comes from pure herbivores like cows etc. I might be wrong though.

Dog poop is grosser than cat poop imo. Cat poop gets buried and dries up, so it's not as gross when you deal with it.