Post count

DeSu

Do you see people with a large post count and respect them? Does post count mean nothing to you? Everything? How many of you post in a topic simply because you want to add it to your post count? Do you post the same spam everywhere? Do you change from spam to

Seriously discuss. Kthxbai

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Readies postcount-cutting scissors*

Anyway, in all seriousness, maybe I should cut my own postcount one day. I don't think I need to keep it that ridiculous anymore. Actually, this wasn't that serious was it?

Post count isn't important to me. Even at a higher number, I can still be acknowledged less.

But then, the number of friends I have here isn't important to me either.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

I kinda have mixed feelings. I kinda see it as a way to measure how much you've contributed to the forums, but seeing certain people who spam stupid things on the boards makes me start to think otherwise...

At times, yes. Generally, it only applies when I've just joined some place and have to "work up the ranks," so to speak. I mean, I don't obsess over it, and I post when I feel like posting and when there's something interesting to lure me there anyway, but it's always awkward starting at the bottom of the ladder whenever you join somewhere new. Once I get settled and people start to know me as I post around, then the awkwardness goes away and I forget that there even is a post count statistic.

At times, yes. Generally, it only applies when I've just joined some place and have to "work up the ranks," so to speak. I mean, I don't obsess over it, and I post when I feel like posting and when there's something interesting to lure me there anyway, but it's always awkward starting at the bottom of the ladder whenever you join somewhere new. Once I get settled and people start to know me as I post around, then the awkwardness goes away and I forget that there even is a post count statistic.

Same here. I was really suprised yesterday when I checked mine. At first I posted to get more well known, then a little more for a custom member title. After about 250 I stopped caring. Now I have 700+ posts and I'm like "HOLY CRAP I didn't know I posted that much!"

You pulled the words right out of my mouth.

don't particularly care about post count.

all i care is about the benefits of being a royal three name changes per month FTW!

VINCENT, DON'T KILL ME!!!!!!!

XD

Edited by Empress Alina

I don't care at all for my own post count.

As for others? I typically take abnormally high posts as bad thing, unless they prove to me that they make quality posts. Unlike some people who might think post count is important, it just makes me think that they're a possible spammer.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus