Post count

DeSu

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, for the most part, I don't care about post count. But when I see a user with a higher post count, I sorta see them as a more... "veteran" member. They've been here for a while. But then people like Destiny Hero started to show up...

I mean, for the most part, I don't care about post count. But when I see a user with a higher post count, I sorta see them as a more... "veteran" member. They've been here for a while. But then people like Destiny Hero started to show up...

Good example.

Like I see Lyle and Masu as veterans but people like D-Hero messed that up. :/

It accounts for and determines everything

Ever

In history

Talking more = better talk

Like stated before, quality is better than quantity.

For example, somebody who has posted "lol" 8,000 times is not exactly an... er... high quality member, if you get what I mean.

I like seeing numbers go up and ranks and silly things like that (stat geek, at least for simple statistics), so post count is cool with me.

I think post count doesn't determine EVERYTHING, but it does play a small role in judgement when you see it.
Like stated before, quality is better than quantity.

For example, somebody who has posted "lol" 8,000 times is not exactly an... er... high quality member, if you get what I mean.

You two gentlemen have been manipulated by a large, hairy creature with a club.

I'd also like to note that Lord Glenn has like 40 posts and is an admin here. How's that for quality > quantity...

You should have seen how many posts he had when he got the rank...I think it was a lot less than 40 :D It might have even been 0...*divides by zero*

Lets see my post counts matter to me:

-Ranks because everyone konws if you're a king online you're a king offline

-Custom title feature I'll miss the boat on I still think gaming-age has the best custom title feature...you'll usually get one for making a really stupid posts or just in-jokes

-Other special features its like an MMO, "I leveled up I can now use emoticons" except instead of grinding and farming you are spamming

Others post counts don't matter to me:

-It is just a number with no worth behind it...if you're reading the number move your eyes to the right and read what the person is writing :P

Edit: I was just thinking is word count possibile and then a "quality" based on dividing the words and posts? Itr probably just as bad as post counts because if you're like me it is very easy to say very little in lots of words :( But I would beinteresting to see the aggregated "substance" of users overall posting activity...

Edited by Starwolf_UK

While I think just about everyone sees a post count and makes some sort of conclusion based on it, it's what you do after that that really matters. I see a high post count and unconciously think either "veteran" or "noob like me" and then I read the post and find more about them. And from then on, post count means nothing at all.

And yeah, spamming for a high post count is going to make people respect you less, not more.