I (finally) lost my last baby tooth.

Espurrhoodie

OKAY, LET ME PREFACE THIS:

MY GENETICS (AT LEAST WHEN IT COMES TO MY TEETH) HATE ME!

"But Espurr, how can you be so sure about that?" You may ask.

I'M IN MY LATE TEENS AND I ONLY JUST LOST MY LAST BABY TOOTH!

THAT, AND TWO YEARS AGO, I HAD ISSUES WITH ONE OF MY BOTTOM MOLARS, WHERE IT WAS PARTIALLY LOOSE, AND IT WAS LOOSE ENOUGH FOR IT TO HURT WHENEVER I ATE OR TALKED

FOR EIGHT MONTHS!

EIGHT

FUCKMOTHERING

MONTHS!

ANYWAY, I HAD A DENTIST APPOINTMENT TODAY, AND I MENTIONED THAT I HAD ONE LAST BABYTOOTH AND THAT IT HURT WHEN I ATE, TO MY IMMENSE FORTUNE, AN APPOINTMENT AFTER MINE WAS CANCELED, AND THE DENTIST SUGGESTED, "Hey, I have free time, you keep complaining about that tooth, how about we take 20 mins and pull it out?"

AND I FINALLY

FINALLY

LOST MY LAST BITCH-ASS TOOTH!

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

Ouch, that loose tooth problem sounded like a real pain.

Is still having baby teeth that big of a problem? I still have one, despite being in my mid-twenties; and so far I've had no issues with it. No sign it will fall of either on it's own, it's as firm as the rest.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ouch, that loose tooth problem sounded like a real pain.

Is still having baby teeth that big of a problem? I still have one, despite being in my mid-twenties; and so far I've had no issues with it. No sign it will fall of either on it's own, it's as firm as the rest.

In my case, it's because it was hurting. That and it would help my other teeth grow in.

Good riddance. Tooth pain is... ugh. I had two of my upper molars (one on the left, one on the right) pulled two years ago because they hurt like heck for some reason. Now I have holes there, because I don't want any replacement.

I lost my last baby tooth naturally when I was 7 or 8, I think, so I'm honestly surprised that some keep theirs until their late teens or mid twenties, even.

Also, I'll totally be using "fuckmothering", because that's hilarious.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Good riddance. Tooth pain is... ugh. I had two of my upper molars (one on the left, one on the right) pulled two years ago because they hurt like heck for some reason. Now I have holes there, because I don't want any replacement.

I lost my last baby tooth naturally when I was 7 or 8, I think, so I'm honestly surprised that some keep theirs until their late teens or mid twenties, even.

Oof, that sucks.

Lucky.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, I'll totally be using "fuckmothering", because that's hilarious.

I actually got that from Hellsing Ultimate Abridged.

4 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I remember back when I was 13, I lost all of my baby grinders at the same time, sucked bc I couldn't chew my food for a long while.

At least I still have my bottom ones.

How did you manage?

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd say, back then, I was surprised too. At seventeen, I still had three. In the end, they didn't fell, they were removed. Well, just two of them. The fact I still have one on hindsight it's quite odd. Did they deliberately ignored it, thinking I only needed those two removed? Or they somehow missed I had three, not two? At this point in time... hard to get an answer now.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I remember back when I was 13, I lost all of my baby grinders at the same time, sucked bc I couldn't chew my food for a long while.

Yikes, that sounds painful.

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Oof, that sucks.

It's fine. It felt weird not having teeth where there should be some at first, of course, but by now I've gotten used to it.
I was actually surprised by how little this actually changed for me, that is to say nothing at all.

Just now, Espurrhoodie said:

I actually got that from Hellsing Ultimate Abridged.

Ah, I see.
I've never watched that one, because I don't know the original anime.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, back then, I was surprised to. At seventeen, I still had three. In the end, they didn't fell, they were removed. Well, just two of them. The fact I still have one on hindsight it's quite odd. Did they deliberately ignored it, thinking I only needed those two removed? Or they somehow missed I had three, not two? At this point in time... hard to get an answer now.

As long as it doesn't have any negative impact, it should be fine, right?

Just now, DragonFlames said:

As long as it doesn't have any negative impact, it should be fine, right?

I suppose. One thing the extra teeth could've become a problem is if my wisdom teeth had showed up.

Still waiting, if ever.

6 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I had one baby tooth that didn't come out until I was like 12. When it finally did it looked nastay disgustang.

Ew.

It's fine. It felt weird not having teeth where there should be some at first, of course, but by now I've gotten used to it.
I was actually surprised by how little this actually changed for me, that is to say nothing at all.

I need to get used to missing so many teeth myself.

Ah, I see.
I've never watched that one, because I don't know the original anime.

Neither have I. Same thing with Code MENT which is a parody of Code Geass.

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

Very soft foods

Don't ask how I found out how to chew it tho

A blender?

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I suppose. One thing the extra teeth could've become a problem is if my wisdom teeth had showed up.

Still waiting, if ever.

Fingers crossed that it never becomes a problem.
Back in school, I had many people around me who were absent for weeks on end because of their wisdom teeth. I never had that luxury problem.

4 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I need to get used to missing so many teeth myself.

Depending on how many you're missing, you can just keep eating normally. Doing that, it shouldn't be too hard to get used to it, even if it feels weird at first.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Much rejoicing for the expulsion of that component of your anatomy

Yes very much so.

Apparently the reason I had so much trouble getting it out myself was because part of the root was still there.

Just now, Espurrhoodie said:

Yes very much so.

Apparently the reason I had so much trouble getting it out myself was because part of the root was still there.

Agh, good teeth was one of the few things about my genetics that turned out well.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Agh, good teeth was one of the few things about my genetics that turned out well.

I'd say my youthful appearance woukd qualify as good, but I got mistaken for a 7th grader last month, so I don't know.

7 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

I'd say my youthful appearance woukd qualify as good, but I got mistaken for a 7th grader last month, so I don't know.

I'm 33 and I got carded at the movies last month.

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Damn, what the hell Espurr? I didn't know that was possible... Damn.

It's called being cursed to have my genetics.

I'm not joking. This is hereditary.

4 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

OKAY, LET ME PREFACE THIS:

MY GENETICS (AT LEAST WHEN IT COMES TO MY TEETH) HATE ME!

"But Espurr, how can you be so sure about that?" You may ask.

I'M IN MY LATE TEENS AND I ONLY JUST LOST MY LAST BABY TOOTH!

THAT, AND TWO YEARS AGO, I HAD ISSUES WITH ONE OF MY BOTTOM MOLARS, WHERE IT WAS PARTIALLY LOOSE, AND IT WAS LOOSE ENOUGH FOR IT TO HURT WHENEVER I ATE OR TALKED

FOR EIGHT MONTHS!

EIGHT

FUCKMOTHERING

MONTHS!

ANYWAY, I HAD A DENTIST APPOINTMENT TODAY, AND I MENTIONED THAT I HAD ONE LAST BABYTOOTH AND THAT IT HURT WHEN I ATE, TO MY IMMENSE FORTUNE, AN APPOINTMENT AFTER MINE WAS CANCELED, AND THE DENTIST SUGGESTED, "Hey, I have free time, you keep complaining about that tooth, how about we take 20 mins and pull it out?"

AND I FINALLY

FINALLY

LOST MY LAST BITCH-ASS TOOTH!

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

Call me crazy, but I'm getting the impression that you were immensly bothered by it.

16 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

If your mouth genetics are bad then prepare to get a lot of those wisdom teeth yanked like I did.

I already dread the day I have to.