Sonic the Hedgehog discussion

uguu

The past few Sonic games have been doing shitty, but Sonic Unleashed is being developed solely by Sonic Team. The past few titles have been developed by other retards who no one cares about. I'm sure it will be better. Also, BioWare is making a Sonic RPG. The RPG looks good enough. Hopefully though they won't suck. So let's discuss the series with that really good music!

i'm really looking forward to the sonic rpg!!!!!!!

but i fear that it won't have teh same essence of the other sonic games in which you are supposed to run full speed through teh levels....

Sonic Unleashed is something I'm really looking forward to. By the looks of the trailer and screenshots, it seems like they're bringing Sonic back to his high-speed side-scrolling roots. Please Sonic Team, don't screw this up. This is your chance to bring Sonic back into the spotlight!

And to be completely honest, I've enjoyed all the 3D Sonic games. The only gripe I've had is with the whole "friendship is AWESOME" tone they've taken.

Sonic Unleashed is something I'm really looking forward to. By the looks of the trailer and screenshots, it seems like they're bringing Sonic back to his high-speed side-scrolling roots. Please Sonic Team, don't screw this up. This is your chance to bring Sonic back into the spotlight!

And to be completely honest, I've enjoyed all the 3D Sonic games. The only gripe I've had is with the whole "friendship is AWESOME" tone they've taken.

QFT dawg, QFT.

I've enjoyed all 3D Sonic games too...

I love the series. I've grown up playing the games on my Megadrive and they are totally awesome. I don't like the first DS game though (Sonic Rush) because it's kinda boring and has like, the shittiest music in the world. I hope Sonic Unleashed will go back to its roots by having totally awesome music.

My favourite game in the series is Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I still have the cartridge, but it seems my Megadrive is dead... ;-;

How is Sonic 3 & Knuckles the best Sonic game? And didn't Sonic's reputation go up a bit because of Brawl?

Do I have to link you to the www.dictionary.com definition of opinion? Because if I do I will.

My favorite Sonic game is either SA1 or SA2, don't know why though. I don't like Sonic CD very much though...

Do I have to link you to the www.dictionary.com definition of opinion? Because if I do I will.

My favorite Sonic game is either SA1 or SA2, don't know why though. I don't like Sonic CD very much though...

Sonic CD is definitely over-rated.

The only great thing about Sonic CD IMO, is the awesome intro cutscene and the music that went with it.

Now best 2D game... Sonic 3 and Knuckles, no contest.

Best 3D game... I'd have to say a tie between SA1 and SA2, like Hikarusa. After those games, everything went downhill...

Oh, and in 2011, they're going to introduce a new main character for Sonic's 20th birthday. Tell me I'm wrong, I dare you.

The only great thing about Sonic CD IMO, is the awesome intro cutscene and the music that went with it.

Now best 2D game... Sonic 3 and Knuckles, no contest.

Best 3D game... I'd have to say a tie between SA1 and SA2, like Hikarusa. After those games, everything went downhill...

Oh, and in 2011, they're going to introduce a new main character for Sonic's 20th birthday. Tell me I'm wrong, I dare you.

Your statement wouldn't surprise me. There's new characters coming out every 3 years now, so it seems.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is a much more complex game than that of Sonic 2. Sonic 2 is also a good game, and many people may actually prefer that to S3&K just because it's simpler and not so challenging. But for any true hardcore Sonic fan, S3&K should be, in theory, a favourite of theirs.

It's rather funny... When I played Sonic 3 and Knuckles as a kid, I just played it only giving regard to the gameplay. Yet now I see that the game has an actual storyline. It's pretty cool actually.